• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Has the 2nd gear grind happened to your FL5 yet?

GIChoe

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Si
I recall reading somewhere that people had much better experiences after changing the tranny oil to Amsoil...can't remember where though.
Sponsored

First Name
Terrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Civic Si
I'd have thought that was crazy, but my Si went from a garbage gearbox to 85% as good as my old BRZs (very underrated box) after changing to new gear oil. So this may be worth trying.

The dealer would love that, though. 'We can't warranty it because you didn't use OEM fluid.'

GIChoe

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Si
What grade oil would you recommend?

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5 Racing Blue Euro spec
No grinds yet and somehow I don't feel the clutch delay in the FL5 like I did in the Fk8 and Fk2. Strange.

TypeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-Rs!
I beat the ever living shit out of my FL5 and it doesn't grind any gear. Let is warm up before romping on it and its fine. If you are grinding gears you aren't shifting right.

First Name
Terrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Civic Si
I beat the ever living shit out of my FL5 and it doesn't grind any gear. Let is warm up before romping on it and its fine. If you are grinding gears you aren't shifting right.
I suspect the latter has been my issue.

GIChoe

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Si
Fingers crossed, but I haven't had any issues in a while. I think my car's transmission is just fully broken in now.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Amsoil in my Si shifted great when it was above 70 outside but in the cold was worse then OEM Honda fluid.

leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I've owned plenty of Hondas in the past. Let it warm up and don't limp wrist it. So far, all shifts have been crisp and solid.
Sponsored