• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Integra exhaust

OP
OP
me_kden

me_kden

First Name
Kaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
these sound great actually.. why arent more people doing that? honestly this sounds better than most aftermarket exhaust
Wow, I’m very impressed, ok, this I may do now lol, seems like they say very little drone and you even get burbles
Sponsored

jdOTFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR #0995 CBP
my question is, is there a mod out there that can set different exhaust modes. i.e. R+ exhaust always open, comfort keeps it closed and sport will open on throttle

OP
OP
me_kden

me_kden

First Name
Kaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R

jdOTFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR #0995 CBP

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
The modes already do that?

Several of the exhaust manis have said they are looking into offering a standalone controller though.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Coming from BMWs, and getting older, I'm not a fan of any pops, crackles, and burbles. I'm also not a fan of pumped in engine noise that all cars have - some better, some worse. But I DO want the CTR to sound better - a deeper exhaust, etc. I feel like I'm driving a hybrid or something, it's so quiet. It doesn't sound like how it feels, and it's weird that way.

jdOTFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR #0995 CBP
The modes already do that?

Several of the exhaust manis have said they are looking into offering a standalone controller though.
correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure R+ engine mode doesnt keep the exhaust open at all times

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure R+ engine mode doesnt keep the exhaust open at all times
Look at the very first post, it's an *assumption* but if Sport+ is always open I'd wager +R is as well.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
+R only opens at higher RPM and throttle input in the CTR. So it’s constantly opening and closing based on this. I think this is kinda cool as people have noted seeing it opening when driving behind me.

Sport+ it is always open in the ITS.

jdOTFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR #0995 CBP
+R only opens at higher RPM and throttle input in the CTR. So it’s constantly opening and closing based on this. I think this is kinda cool as people have noted seeing it opening when driving behind me.

Sport+ it is always open in the ITS.
the best thing about having multiple drive modes was having options for your exhaust as well. especially in california where you just never know when you'll get popped by a cop. i wish R+ would keep it open and sports mode had the valves open and close based on throttle.

OP
OP
me_kden

me_kden

First Name
Kaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Going to delete my front resonator next week to match the ITS - will post video asap!
Appreciate it Topher! Looking forward to the result, I can’t remember have you done any other exhaust mods in combination with that?

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
Going to delete my front resonator next week to match the ITS - will post video asap!
You rock, Topher. Can't wait to hear the results. Also curious to hear how different it sounds with the smaller front resonator removed vs. the larger middle resonator (the latter of which many people have done).

11th Gen Honda Civic Integra exhaust popcorn

Last edited:

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
The exhaust swap and success in sound profile was also change in engine tuning. So you'd get the sound but would not have the sport+ pops and valve tuning is different on ITS. Youd have to do Hondata to fix it.
Sponsored