• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Integra exhaust

D.I.P.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR4
Can somebody confirm to me that the OEM Exhaust is in fact 2.5" O.D. piping? I am looking to order the materials to delete the front Resonator myself.
Sponsored

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
Can somebody confirm to me that the OEM Exhaust is in fact 2.5" O.D. piping? I am looking to order the materials to delete the front Resonator myself.
I also tried asking this question in this thread, and some folks used 2.5", but others mentioned it may be a hair smaller than that.

I ordered a 2.5" pipe and tools to remove the resonator, but I'm holding off until someone tries the front resonator delete before I decided which one to remove.

D.I.P.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered 2.5" piping and V-Band clamps. Should arrive tomorrow. Will try to get this done by this weekend and will report back.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I ordered 2.5" piping and V-Band clamps. Should arrive tomorrow. Will try to get this done by this weekend and will report back.
Which resonator are you going to delete? The front or rear?

D.I.P.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok update time. I have successfully deleted the front resonator. I used some 2.5” stainless piping and a couple of 2.5” Vband clamps so that I can swap the resonator back in anytime I want. For the record the stock piping is NOT2.5” O.D. It’s actually more like 2.35” O.D. Piping but I made the 2.5” work. My car is 100% stock with the the exhaust valve fuse pulled so it is always open.

Here is a sound clip:

The clip was taken with the engine warm after driving the car for something like 4 or 5 miles. Clearly the sound from the exhaust is different than stock. It has this slightly more aggressive tone. Doing this on it’s own does not provide for any of those pops and bangs that the Integra Type S has, that’s clearly as I suspected, all coming from the tune they put on that car. This also does not add any drone in the cabin at all. There is definitely a small volume increase in the cabin from the exhaust but nothing significant. Overall my initial impression is positive, I like it but I’ll be honest, considering the volume change is so small I think the moderate pops and bangs would actually improve the overall sound and “aggressiveness” of the car. I wish there was an easy way to add that to the CTR that didn’t involve having to cough up $1k+ for Hondata and a custom tune.

I failed to get a cold start clip. I thought my phone was recording but when the phone connected to the Honda link app it stopped the recording 🤦🏻‍♂️. I will try to get a cold start later tonight. I will also try to get some driveby’s within the next couple of days.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
Ok update time. I have successfully deleted the front resonator. I used some 2.5” stainless piping and a couple of 2.5” Vband clamps so that I can swap the resonator back in anytime I want. For the record the stock piping is NOT2.5” O.D. It’s actually more like 2.35” O.D. Piping but I made the 2.5” work. My car is 100% stock with the the exhaust valve fuse pulled so it is always open.

Here is a sound clip:

The clip was taken with the engine warm after driving the car for something like 4 or 5 miles. Clearly the sound from the exhaust is different than stock. It has this slightly more aggressive tone. Doing this on it’s own does not provide for any of those pops and bangs that the Integra Type S has, that’s clearly as I suspected, all coming from the tune they put on that car. This also does not add any drone in the cabin at all. There is definitely a small volume increase in the cabin from the exhaust but nothing significant. Overall my initial impression is positive, I like it but I’ll be honest, considering the volume change is so small I think the moderate pops and bangs would actually improve the overall sound and “aggressiveness” of the car. I wish there was an easy way to add that to the CTR that didn’t involve having to cough up $1k+ for Hondata and a custom tune.

I failed to get a cold start clip. I thought my phone was recording but when the phone connected to the Honda link app it stopped the recording 🤦🏻‍♂️. I will try to get a cold start later tonight. I will also try to get some driveby’s within the next couple of days.
@D.I.P. Thank you posting the clip! After comparing your front resonator delete clip with the other clips of the larger, middle resonator delete, I think I'm going to delete the larger, middle resonator.

If you had to do it over again, would you have deleted the middle resonator instead?

D.I.P.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@D.I.P. Thank you posting the clip! After comparing your front resonator delete clip with the other clips of the larger, middle resonator delete, I think I'm going to delete the larger, middle resonator.

If you had to do it over again, would you have deleted the middle resonator instead?
I think I’ll have to live with this version of the exhaust for a little while before I can decide if It’s enough for me or not. For now, I’m happy and don’t necessarily feel the need to make the car louder.

TheTopher

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R

Here is a sound clip:

That sounds perfect! Getting my front resonator deleted this Friday - MRT is going to develop a front resonator delete that supposedly will be “stupid cheap.” Will post a video asap.

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 civic
Props for being the test subject. This confirms I wont be going through the hassle of doing this if I get my CTR. I'll just go aftermarket.

D.I.P.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
is anyone taking on the challenge of deleting both?
In my opinion, after having deleted just the front, I think deleting both resonators would probably introduce quite a bit of Drone into the cabin without modifying the rear muffler section. If you delete both resonators you will essentially have a straight pipe exhaust anytime your electronic valve is open and not pushing air through the 2 bigger side muffler chambers. The muffler on the center exhaust exit is TINY, it is actually smaller than both of the resonators.

D.I.P.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Props for being the test subject. This confirms I wont be going through the hassle of doing this if I get my CTR. I'll just go aftermarket.
Understandable, this mod is only going to be for those who are looking for the absolute MILDEST sound upgrade. IMO this is the bare minimum that this car should have sounded like from factory and the fact that we have to go through this hassle just to improve this one (important) aspect of an otherwise fantastic car is a huge fail on Honda's part. I have a really hard time believing the standing narrative that Honda did this due to noise standards around the world. There is obsoletely NO WAY that this car would fail any noise standards anywhere in the world with just the front resonator eliminated.

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Understandable, this mod is only going to be for those who are looking for the absolute MILDEST sound upgrade. IMO this is the bare minimum that this car should have sounded like from factory and the fact that we have to go through this hassle just to improve this one (important) aspect of an otherwise fantastic car is a huge fail on Honda's part. I have a really hard time believing the standing narrative that Honda did this due to noise standards around the world. There is obsoletely NO WAY that this car would fail any noise standards anywhere in the world with just the front resonator eliminated.
Have you test driven the type S to be able to compare? I'm curious how much the tune affects the general sound vs just adding cracks & pops (if at all). At the end of the day imo it's tough to improve the natural sound of an I4, you can add character with pops but the pure sound you can never do too much about

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Sounds great nice job.
Sponsored