• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jester’s Hondata thread

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
This is great that you are testing this MHI upgraded turbo! Also sharing this data as well is very cool!!:thumbsup: Interesting to see the limits of the fuel system with this turbo, I wonder how much more beneficial it would be to have one of the upgraded Hi pressure fuel line with the larger DIA’ hole for a tad bit more headroom… or do you thing that’s just a Band-Aid :hmm: @Jester04
Sponsored

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
This is great that you are testing this MHI upgraded turbo! Also sharing this data as well is very cool!!:thumbsup: Interesting to see the limits of the fuel system with this turbo, I wonder how much more beneficial it would be to have one of the upgraded Hi pressure fuel line with the larger DIA’ hole for a tad bit more headroom… or do you thing that’s just a Band-Aid :hmm: @Jester04
I was literally thinking this last night after reading Jester's updates... "budget" option = fuel line + MHI stage 2?

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
So the fuel line will give you a bit more fuel but you won’t really extract the power with the stock pump. This turbo is just screaming to be pushed. At 23-24 psi it’s laughing at me.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I was literally thinking this last night after reading Jester's updates... "budget" option = fuel line + MHI stage 2?
Budget option so far its looking like upgraded line, XDI pump and stage 2 turbo. Just to be able to tap into the power. At low 20’s for boost is too little for this turbo.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So injectors and fuel pump is a must more or less.
If you want to max it out yes. But I will be testing in steps. By the end of the week Stock fuel system testing will be done and XDI fuel pump will be going in with stock injectors. I think a really good cost efficient combo would be drop in filter, xdi pump, stage 2 turbo, downpipe and intercooler.

That should get you into the 430’s no problem.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Budget option so far its looking like upgraded line, XDI pump and stage 2 turbo. Just to be able to tap into the power. At low 20’s for boost is too little for this turbo.
Did you get the upgraded line or just pump / injectors?

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Did you get the upgraded line or just pump / injectors?
Got the xdi pump and 1400cc injectors. No line as of yet. Still debating if I should purchase one or mod my own. But that will come when I install injectors. Which won’t happen until April probably.

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Got the xdi pump and 1400cc injectors. No line as of yet. Still debating if I should purchase one or mod my own. But that will come when I install injectors. Which won’t happen until April probably.
John over at FK8 TD sells the lines. Not too pricey either IIRC.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
Yeah and JSR does too. I will evaluate it further when the time comes.
I have seen both up close and I would get the JSR one hands down:thumbsup: .. the FK8 TD one looked like a 3rd grader did the drilling and chamfering of the hole :doh:

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I have seen both up close and I would get the JSR one hands down:thumbsup: .. the FK8 TD one looked like a 3rd grader did the drilling and chamfering of the hole :doh:
Agree that is why I mentioned it. If I were to get one it would be that one. But for my goals it might not even be needed I’m not going to push past the 500whp mark. Maybe one glory pull but not for driving around.

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So little update with some data to back it up. I’m still adjusting the fuel curve to bring it in line with the commanded so it’s a work in progress.

Here you can see the fuel pump duty cycle commanding a very conservative 11.5-11.6 AFR. It gets up to the 90’s but it’s holding rock solid. Boost is at around 23-24 psi. I’m going to leave it there boost wise and play with some ignition timing and see if it likes it. The highlighted part of the graph is the highest pump cycle that I saw. Also take into account that the pump does a better job going through the gears. This is way more stressful on the fuel system to go wot at low rpms and have it carry the power all the way through.

11th Gen Honda Civic Jester’s Hondata thread IMG_3317

nezumi

First Name
John Vilios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
You Now have Compressor and turbine maps to adjust in Hondata along with WG.

@Clark_Kent yes I will post all of the data for you guys. Once I move further along with the tune, just to give you an apples to apples comparison of a finished tune on both.

What I can say for now on the basemap is that at 18-19 psi on the stage 2 it feels just as strong as full tuned stock turbo car running 25psi of boost. With a lot more topend and no drop in boost.

But just as a reference stock turbo I have seen about 280’s to 290’s g/s on MAF readings depending on mods. On this turbo I’m already past the 305’s g/s. Injectors are hovering at around 30% duty and on these cars the max is 50% since its Direct injection.

But I promised myself that the car will progress as the business progresses. 100% of the funds from tuning will be put into the car since it takes a lot of effort and money to get you guys the best data. My work money goes to the other priorities.
Hi Jester,

Running Stage 2 turbo with FBO with stock fuel system will run cooler on 18 PSI boost compared to factory turbo running higher boost obviously? . I'm still thinking if I should upgrade to MHI stage 2 Turbo, I only want around 380 WHP but on 93 gas assuming its equivalent to 98 Octane for Australia but not sure if the stock turbo will be maxed out on stock fuel system?

OP
OP
Jester04

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hi Jester,

Running Stage 2 turbo with FBO with stock fuel system will run cooler on 18 PSI boost compared to factory turbo running higher boost obviously? . I'm still thinking if I should upgrade to MHI stage 2 Turbo, I only want around 380 WHP but on 93 gas assuming its equivalent to 98 Octane for Australia but not sure if the stock turbo will be maxed out on stock fuel system?
370-380 is doable on the stock turbo. The cost of the upgrade would not be worth it in my opinion since you can reliably run the stock turbo setup at those levels. In my opinion this car can handle more power without ruining the car. The bigger turbo really breathes a lot better and the car feels strong all across the RPM range. But it’s costly and in your case that you just want around 380 I would stay with a stock turbo setup.

Cheers mate!

98 Octane from Australia is equivalent to US 93oct.
Sponsored