• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
I paid for my 2005 RSX (Integra) Type S 24K out the door!
So whatever Acura is smoking, I want some.
So your justification is that almost 20 years ago you paid half of what costs are today? I don’t understand
Sponsored

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
I think meaning the entry point for a Type S was much lower 20 years ago. $24k in 2005 is roughly $37k today. Granted, the percent performance difference between the base model and Type S was smaller back then.

Preyforsurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR
I was having discussions with people when the Type R pricing came out that they'll just wait for the Type S because it will be the same price as the Type R. I told them they were insane if they thought Type S pricing wasn't going to be in the 50s and I don't normally make "I told you so" posts because those people know. Well I'm making one anyway because vindication feels especially good this morning.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
I was having discussions with people when the Type R pricing came out that they'll just wait for the Type S because it will be the same price as the Type R. I told them they were insane if they thought Type S pricing wasn't going to be in the 50s and I don't normally make "I told you so" posts because those people know. Well I'm making one anyway because vindication feels especially good this morning.
A lot of them have been switching up their opinion too. Almost like they don't want to admit what we've been warning them of for a few months. Next up are the guys who think it will stay at MSRP on mass compared to the Type R.

I hope I'm wrong this time, but so far, it's been easy to predict what'll happen.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
For those wanting MSRP or close to it. Waiting for used ones to show up are your best option, just like the Type R.

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ram, 20 Durango, 00 Cherokee, 99 Trans Am
I personally wouldn’t want either one of these cars used, regardless of price. I want the engine broken in properly myself.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
I need a special cup to gather the tears of disappointment. Their is not $7k+ in value over the FL5, just like how their isn't $7k+ in value between the Si and Integra Aspec. This is coming from someone that almost pulled the trigger on an Integra btw. Aspec is my username for a reason.
They are trying to cash in on the name plate. I actually really like the styling of the Integra, especially the front end and I love the styling of the Type S but there is definitely not that much of an incentive to get a Type S at this cost.

Preyforsurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR
A lot of them have been switching up their opinion too. Almost like they don't want to admit what we've been warning them of for a few months. Next up are the guys who think it will stay at MSRP on mass compared to the Type R.

I hope I'm wrong this time, but so far, it's been easy to predict what'll happen.
It depends on the availability of the Type S, but I doubt it will not have a mark up. I think the main line people were towing was the Integra not getting a mark up. Problem with the regular Integra was its a slightly updated SI, which MSRP'd 10k more than the SI. Which meant even with a moderate markup the SI was still cheaper. All of this added to Integra availability and customer buying power due to the SI. This isn't the same case for the Type S, the CTR is extremely limited in availability and facing markups at or higher than Type S MSRP. Even if the Type S is more widely available than the CTR, CTR customers who plain can't find one will be pushed into the ITS, on top of regular ITS customers, and there being no cheaper alternatives, means the ITS is not going to be in the same situation as the Itegra.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Without ADM the Integra S is a good value for a fun, usable hatch considering todays screwed up market. Hell, Civic Si’s still havemADMs based on what I’m reading and a Type S will wreck it on a track

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Somehow Honda/Acura went from amazing, affordable cars to amazing, hard to find, expensive cars.
At MSRP, the 2017 SI and CTR were incredible as well as incredible bargains. I paid under MSRP for a new '17 SI. I paid new MSRP for a two year old low mile CTR.
Or to put it another way, I spent as much on both cars combined as many have or will spend for one FL5. Let alone Type S.
Still great cars, possibly worth the cost in this world of overpriced new cars, but hardly bargains. Or as attainable for many. Which is a shame.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
It's crazy that people are still willing to finance any car with interest rates this high. Manufacturers found out during COVID that they could make more money by not building as many vehicles, thereby saving on build costs and making more on sales due to low production.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek

I initially thought they were going to stay msrp until i found out there are only going to be 200 of them released initially. That alone encourages markups. I'm not in the market for one now that i've seen it...so, i haven't checked to find out if anyone knows what the predicted production numbers are for 2024. That would give us a big hint.

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Damn I was disappointed when I saw the price jump up that much. I think it doesn’t help due to high pricing already of the type r. It would probably be helpful if only one these model had this level of performance badge. For 52k I have been looking at Supra just debating for losing two seats is worth it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Lots of MSRP dealers out there . If it helps any. All the rumors from dealers say they will get 7 or so additional, not counting the initial 200. Now that 7 I'm not sure if it's model year 2024 or end of this year.
274 Acura dealers in the US.. puts production around 2k a year which matches the initial TLX Type S first few years.
Sponsored