• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

jdOTFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR #0995 CBP
has anyone tracked the bonoss spacers yet? I have a track day coming up on sunday and I'm not sure if I should take them off to be safe
Sponsored

OP
OP
Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
has anyone tracked the bonoss spacers yet? I have a track day coming up on sunday and I'm not sure if I should take them off to be safe
I have not; however, I don't believe in spacers when tracking the car. I suggest removing them for track duty.

jdOTFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR #0995 CBP
I have not; however, I don't believe in spacers when tracking the car. I suggest removing them for track duty.
from what it looks like, people are saying hub centric spacers are safe for track... im just worried about the quality of the bonoss ones... they seem like they're good quality but I'm just not sure if I'd be willing track them

OP
OP
Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
from what it looks like, people are saying hub centric spacers are safe for track... im just worried about the quality of the bonoss ones... they seem like they're good quality but I'm just not sure if I'd be willing track them
Bonoss makes a high quality spacer, so no concerns there. Tensile strength is appropriate and they're hubcenric. So long as the bolts are the correct length (I assume they are) and they're torqued properly you should be good from a safety standpoint, if that's your concern. I remove them for different reasons.

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
I would have no qualms about tracking them as long as they're properly installed/torqued to spec.
There are such things as OEM wheel spacers (Porsche for example) and also the use of hub spacers is very common in motorsport. Spacers just get a bad rep over the years from failures due to poor installation, insufficient thread engagement, and user error.
Having said all that, in my younger years I've used non-hubcentric spacers running less than adequate thread engagement on track and did not have a single issue - don't take this as an endorsement of improper practice but just my 2c

Anyone running the OEM Wheel Locks with the 15mm Bonoss? Any issues?
There would be no issues since the thread diameter and pitch is maintained with the Bonoss spacers.

Last edited:

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
There would be no issues since the thread diameter and pitch is maintained with the Bonoss spacers.
Thanks, my concern is stud length. Some of the Si/Integra folks broke their wheel locks when torqued because the spacer studs were too long.

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
Thanks, my concern is stud length. Some of the Si/Integra folks broke their wheel locks when torqued because the spacer studs were too long.
I would first try to thread the wheel nut on the stud (without the wheel in place) and measure the depth of engagement before it bottoms out on the head.

Tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Supra MK5, 2021 Ram Rebel, Tesla X, BB FL5
1. Year and model:
2023 Civic Type R

2. Wheels/offset:
Front: 19x9.5 OEM Matte-Black Alloy, ET +60
Rear: 19x9.5 OEM Matte-Black Alloy, ET +60

3. Tire size:
Front: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 265/30ZR-19
Rear: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 265/30ZR-19

4. Suspension:
Stock soon to be Spoon Sports Progressive Spring

5. Wheel Spacer Brand and Size:
Front: Bonoss 20mm
Rear: Bonoss 20mm

6. Clearance (i.e., Does it rub? If so, when?)
No rub at any angle

7. Wheel Studs
Front: Stock
Rear: Stock
No need to cut stock studs.

8. Insert photos

11th Gen Honda Civic The FL5 Civic Type R Wheel Spacer Reference Thread IMG_5058

11th Gen Honda Civic The FL5 Civic Type R Wheel Spacer Reference Thread IMG_5057

11th Gen Honda Civic The FL5 Civic Type R Wheel Spacer Reference Thread IMG_5060

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
OP
OP
Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
So I noticed two Bonoss spacers for the FL5:

https://www.bonoss.com/product/bono...64-1-al7075-t6-for-honda-civic-type-r-fk2-fk8

https://www.bonoss.com/product/bono...64-1-al6061-t6-for-honda-civic-type-r-fk2-fk8

Any reason not to get the 7075 ones, which are stronger?

Also, when do you take them off?
AL6061-T6 is more or less the industry standard for high quality automotive wheel spacers. AL7075-T6 is objectively stronger, but you begin to enter diminishing returns and it's overkill. Not necessary IMHO and it's materially more expensive.

If I were to track the car, I would remove them, but I will not track this car so I don't take them off.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
AL6061-T6 is more or less the industry standard for high quality automotive wheel spacers. AL7075-T6 is objectively stronger, but you begin to enter diminishing returns and it's overkill. Not necessary IMHO and it's materially more expensive.

If I were to track the car, I would remove them, but I will not track this car so I don't take them off.
Got it. Maybe just peace of mind.
BTW, are you getting more spray and debris from the fronts down the sides of the car? This is my main reservation.

OP
OP
Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Got it. Maybe just peace of mind.
BTW, are you getting more spray and debris from the fronts down the sides of the car? This is my main reservation.
Yes, I could see that. I suppose it doesn't hurt to go stronger. I'm not aware of the unintended consequences of going the AL7075-T6 route.

I see more spray and debris compared to pre-spacer; however, I've since added Flapfab Stone Guards so I think that helps. The spray/debris isn't awful, but it's noticeable. FWIW, the improvement in the stance is far and away worth the little trouble adding spacers causes. I also have 15F/18R so it's not the same as a more aggressive setup (i.e., 25F/25R). YMMV

sugarl4nd

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5 CW & 2020 FK8 CW
With 15F & 18R, do you see any diminish driving response or sharpness (compared to pre-spacer) ?
Sponsored