• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
In other news : I was told by my local dealer that my CW CTR is arriving today! Next week is my bday too, so maybe they’ll have it ready for the best bday gift to myself ever…well, and thanks to my wife too. Hahaha! It’ll be my first new car since I bought my ‘09 Si (which I just sold last fall in prep for the CTR’s arrival). Loved that car, but it was time. I waited a long time for Honda to release a car I truly wanted to own and give up my Si for. I think my wait is going to be 1000% worthwhile.

As I know people will ask : Yes, I am first in line. I paid $5k ADM up front just a few days after the FL5 reveal (US pricing hadn’t been established yet). I did my research and made the decision I was getting an FL5 and the $5k ADM was reasonable to me to ensure I get one. Did I mention I’ve not had a new car since 2009? Hahaha! I keep cars I like, so again, in my situation the $5k ADM is not a major problem and I don’t care about the residual value 10-20 years later when I still have it in my garage. Other than that, they’re making me buy a $1300 protection package that I know is not great (it’s not ceramic coat or anything like that), but they said they put it on all their cars. Not super happy about it, but whatever. I’m over it. At least I’m getting something for that money and it’s not just straight ADM in their pocket. Other than that, any other accessories I want to add are up to me. I’ve decided to keep add-ons minimal to start with, so I can experience the car from-the-factory as Honda intended for awhile.
My dealer was insistent about some paint protection plan I really didn't want as well. I managed to get them to agree to a 5 year maintenance plan instead. I figured I would get much more value out of that and maybe you could work something like that out.
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
That’s a good idea. Thank you. I’ll see if that’s an option, though I had already agreed (with written signature) that I’d accept their protection package. They were initially going to make me get a LoJack too, but eventually took that off the table because they knew I was pretty pissed about being force fed accessories I didn’t want. They acknowledged that folks who get CTR’s want to do their own customizing and accessorizing. With that stress out of the way, I was OK with “only” eating their protection package. They have the upper hand in this situation even though I know it mostly boils down to an additional $1300 in their pocket (minus maybe 2-3 hours of their labor costs). One good thing about it is that it has a warranty included, so that’s something too I suppose. I have no idea how comprehensive it is, but for $1300 I would expect it to be pretty good. Ideally, I’ll never need to make a warranty claim on it anyway. I kept my ‘09 Si in excellent condition inside and out. This car will be cared for even better.

I used to vtec

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic SI
I could use some advice. I feel like all logic has escaped me when it comes to wanting to acquire a CTR.

A local dealer is selling them for 5k over MSRP (local residents only). I would be 2nd in line and they think they'll get about 1 a year, so I'm looking at a 2 year wait, which I'm okay with. My main concern is that they want $1,500 nonrefundable (only refund if they don't get the car), and it stings a bit to commit to 5k over MSRP during this wild car climate when I have no idea what FL5 prices are going to be like in 2025. Also worries me that I'm committing despite having no idea what color I would get. Then again, it's 5 grand, not much in the grand scheme of things and probably my last opportunity to buy a car like this new.

I really wish I could be content with a cheap hobby like gardening.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Check your state laws but in many states there is no such thing as a non-refundable deposit. They can say that but they legally can’t keep your money.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
That’s a tough call. But if you’re 2nd in line, wouldn’t you potentially get it in 2024? With how limited this car is and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, I think waiting for a deal less than $5k ADM is risking missing the boat altogether. Even in pre-pandemic times the FK8 had dealership markups, but production was also much higher and it wasn’t as difficult to find FK8’s for MSRP. This is an entirely different situation today. Unless something dramatically changes, FL5 production numbers are not going to come anywhere near FK8 production numbers…and that’s why I think ~$5k ADM will remain commonplace. If you have the means and want a new one (not used) get on the waiting list. Do some gardening while you wait.😆

AbeTypeR

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
That’s a tough call. But if you’re 2nd in line, wouldn’t you potentially get it in 2024? With how limited this car is and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, I think waiting for a deal less than $5k ADM is risking missing the boat altogether. Even in pre-pandemic times the FK8 had dealership markups, but production was also much higher and it wasn’t as difficult to find FK8’s for MSRP. This is an entirely different situation today. Unless something dramatically changes, FL5 production numbers are not going to come anywhere near FK8 production numbers…and that’s why I think ~$5k ADM will remain commonplace. If you have the means and want a new one (not used) get on the waiting list. Do some gardening while you wait.

[/QUOTIE]

Well badge numbers are already in the 3400

That’s a tough call. But if you’re 2nd in line, wouldn’t you potentially get it in 2024? With how limited this car is and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, I think waiting for a deal less than $5k ADM is risking missing the boat altogether. Even in pre-pandemic times the FK8 had dealership markups, but production was also much higher and it wasn’t as difficult to find FK8’s for MSRP. This is an entirely different situation today. Unless something dramatically changes, FL5 production numbers are not going to come anywhere near FK8 production numbers…and that’s why I think ~$5k ADM will remain commonplace. If you have the means and want a new one (not used) get on the waiting list. Do some gardening while you wait.

Badge numbers are already in the 3400, idk if this car is going to be as limited as everyone is still thinking. And today a bunch of new cars show in transit. I'm sure he can find one at 5k over MSRP way sooner

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Badge numbers are already in the 3400, idk if this car is going to be as limited as everyone is still thinking. And today a bunch of new cars show in transit. I'm sure he can find one at 5k over MSRP way sooner
Eh....

Not agreeing or disagreeing. I just want to give perspective.

I have seen over 4300 on a car in Japan. I'm curious to know what my car will be. It is now showing that it is in Cali. I live in the east coast. My car was built 11/26.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Badge numbers only detail how many have been made so far, not how they're distributed. Canada has a couple cars with badges in the lower triple digits and some in the high 4 digits. The badge number isn't really a good determinant of how many are on US soil.

Honda has 1500+ dealers in the country and there still aren't enough FL5s for every single dealer yet (some will never get 1).

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Badge numbers only detail how many have been made so far, not how they're distributed. Canada has a couple cars with badges in the lower triple digits and some in the high 4 digits. The badge number isn't really a good determinant of how many are on US soil.

Honda has 1500+ dealers in the country and there still aren't enough FL5s for every single dealer yet (some will never get 1).
Yep. Exactly. Mine, which I should be taking delivery on next week is #875. While I expect production to improve a little bit, FL5 production (and distribution) is not going to reach FK8 numbers according to data available to us and the current state of supply chain. I feel like some folks, at least here in the US, are in denial. I can’t remember if I posted this here or elsewhere, but US Civic sales in 2022 were ~50%-60% LOWER than the average number of Civics sold in the US yearly over the last ~20 YEARS! While I think the situation will improve a little, automakers are saying there’s no end currently in sight for parts shortages. With that in mind, take FK8 sales numbers in the US and cut them in half! That’s probably about how many the US will get during the FL5 production run.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Right. Of course. The higher the ADM that one is willing to pay, the more likely it is they can find an FL5 sitting at a dealership. I think the best case scenario is that ADMs will calm down and average $3k-$6k and we’ll see fewer of these $10k+ ADM cars sitting at dealerships. But for now, that’s not the world we live in.

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
Car has only been out for a couple of months. Hope they keep pumping them out. They're limiting production in Japan to only 400 per month but regular production for the rest of the world.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
That’s correct. But “regular production” for everyone else is still low. What they’re doing is simply sticking to the production schedule for everyone outside of Japan, even though demand in Japan is completely through the roof. To rephrase, they’re saying that Japan’s incredible market demand won’t affect the pre-planned production numbers everyone else is supposed to get.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Got one in my name with Western Honda in Garden City, KS! @AspecR does order ref# S12-40611-0001 show anything as far as an expected ETA etc?

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
@AspecR would you mind please providing an update on these two VINs?
JHMFL5G40PX001155
JHMFL5G49PX001154
Sponsored