• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
After saying they can remove the $1499 Platinum Package (it's a service package) the sales guy got back to me, saying they wouldn't remove it because there is one location in Georgia (about an hour from me) that is included in the service. I asked him to go back to his manager and take it off because I'm not going to get service done at ONE place that might be terrible an hour from me. I also said they need to come down on the accessory packages cost as well. They haven't gotten back to me, I'll likely move on.

Almost every dealer I talk to is doing some combo of bait and switch tactics or the sales guys aren't communicating because I'm getting very different stories every time I talk to someone different. I'm sure Honda doesn't care but it makes me NOT want to buy from the brand.
Time to move on. I've given up on the GA dealers. I've already made peace with the idea I'll be purchasing from out of state. $59K OTD is such an ugly number anyway for this car IMHO.
Sponsored

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
After saying they can remove the $1499 Platinum Package (it's a service package) the sales guy got back to me, saying they wouldn't remove it because there is one location in Georgia (about an hour from me) that is included in the service. I asked him to go back to his manager and take it off because I'm not going to get service done at ONE place that might be terrible an hour from me. I also said they need to come down on the accessory packages cost as well. They haven't gotten back to me, I'll likely move on.

Almost every dealer I talk to is doing some combo of bait and switch tactics or the sales guys aren't communicating because I'm getting very different stories every time I talk to someone different. I'm sure Honda doesn't care but it makes me NOT want to buy from the brand.
Unfortunately there is people that put up with all this crap, just because they want the car. That’s why dealers keep doing it and expect everyone else to comply.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Online I always see people talk negatively about hyundai/genesis dealers, but the Honda dealer nearest to me is so much worse.
Obviously the market was very different at the time but when I bought my Veloster N at the end of 2019 I was able to just walk in, spend maybe an hour negotiating and get it with the Performance Package (back when there were two trims) for $30k flat. The only snag is they didn't have the color I wanted so I had to wait a day for them to trade with another dealer.

The current buyers market is just terrible, especially with the Type R.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Shambolic response by Honda regarding markups

Screenshot_20230124_170110_Gmail.jpg
The NPC style automated response above the one sentence a person decided to type out never fails to make me laugh. I especially like how they emphasized "All" in a larger font like the automated response is in. I don't know if that was intentional. They are correct though; unfortunately.

It seems they don't want to affect the dealers by limiting their supply akin to what GM did to that Florida dealership because it isn't getting the same level of attention. That Corvette markup incident was astronomical and GM had to do something about it to keep the face they want to show. The same would have to happen here, but the hype and level of coverage is lower in comparison. Which sucks :(. Then again, that situation was a $100k markup. And the dealers are being absolute ass-hats but they're "treading carefully" (so-to-speak) to avoid this.

menikmati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX STI, BRZ, FL5
Royal Honda, Metairie, LA - $15k ADM
Bob Boyte - Moss Point, MS - $59,845 before TTL

I've been posting my findings on the Motoring Obsession tracker.

I've also gotten the ambiguous answer of "the price depends on the market conditions when the car arrives" for a couple of in-transit vehicles. I have also had dealers not even wanting to disclose the selling price of the vehicles that have been presold or from previous transactions.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Shambolic response by Honda regarding markups

Screenshot_20230124_170110_Gmail.jpg
What would you like them to say. Their hands are literally tied. It’s been said again and again that dealers are shooting themselves in the foot. Honda already announced that’s they are selling their Sony/Honda EV’s ala Tesla.

menikmati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX STI, BRZ, FL5
Man, starting to lose motivation to buy a type R with all these markups. I guess I’ll try to wait until summer and hope the prices have gone down a bit by then.
I've been actively contacting dealerships for a couple of weeks and already feel turned off from getting one and looking at other options.

It might be best to practice patience at this time.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Man, starting to lose motivation to buy a type R with all these markups. I guess I’ll try to wait until summer and hope the prices have gone down a bit by then.
It's tough. These dealers that are getting these new cars are like "fucking joe schmoe dealership got a first allocation and sold it for 10-15k over, I am going to get 10-15k as well!"

The more stock there is sitting the better chance to snag a better deal.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si

pcar727

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche GT4
I'm browsing the market for a CTR and found a Boost Blue at 6k over MSRP (straight ADM, no accessories). ADM stings but 6k looks lower than most other markups I've seen. Thoughts?
Sponsored