• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Thoughts on the carbon fibre wing?

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
The CF wing looks great but it’s a let down there’s no other CF bits from aside from stick on CF for the interior. I would be nice if the trim pieces were molded from actual CF.
Sponsored

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Utter waste of money IMO unless you got cash to burn.
carbon isn’t going to make that car any faster.
poser move

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
The CF wing looks great but it’s a let down there’s no other CF bits from aside from stick on CF for the interior. I would be nice if the trim pieces were molded from actual CF.
The upgraded interior trim pieces are also made from dry carbon fiber with red threading.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Worth it. Period. You won't save money on an aftermarket one that is legit. The only reason to buy an aftermarket carbon wing is if Honda didn't offer it. But they do.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Does anyone have a link to the article about the technical performance of the CF wing? It's mentioned on the first page but I can't find it...

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The Modulo infomercial is as good as it gets. I have not seen any technical data of the CF Wing, but it does change how the car drives.

You'll hear the change in airflow at the back. The car will rotate with you just like what DK says in the infomercial.

Reactions: MrB

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
It was def 2 pounds lighter than stock. Took about 10 minutes to install. Love that the ride looks more aggressive back there!
11th Gen Honda Civic Thoughts on the carbon fibre wing? IMG_8230

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Do you guys PPF your CF wing, or does it just have too many angles to have it done cleanly?
I did not PPF it and there's no need IMHO. I did have it ceramic coated (Gtechniq CSL + EXOv4 + C2v3).

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
I did not PPF it and there's no need IMHO. I did have it ceramic coated (Gtechniq CSL + EXOv4 + C2v3).
I just picked up the one for the FK8, which is a simpler design (basically just a mid-section replacement). Dropped it off for PPF + ceramic, but only the top surface was done, and some of it wrapped around the edges. Claimed it wouldn't look "clean" if they tried doing it all around the curve-shaped edges front and back. Wasn't too thrilled lol.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I just picked up the one for the FK8, which is a simpler design (basically just a mid-section replacement). Dropped it off for PPF + ceramic, but only the top surface was done, and some of it wrapped around the edges. Claimed it wouldn't look "clean" if they tried doing it all around the curve-shaped edges front and back. Wasn't too thrilled lol.
Have them redo it. They shouldn't tell you what's "clean" and what's not. They should give you options and let you decide.