• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MSRP Only Dealerships For 2023 Civic Type R

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
It's a double-win for the dealer. They inflate the market to get higher used sales now, while feeding the "well, just look at the value of the used fk8 market!" narrative they'll be tossing in with their 20k ADM on their FL5s. 🤣
This simply isn't true.
Sponsored

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Lol, ain't not point to it. Time vs money. It is better to just tell them if they become flexible to an amount you're willing to entertain to call you.

It may feel good to tell them to get fucked but it'll feel better to get the damn car at a price you both can live with.
Is this secretly R** from Honda of Denton? Sounds like some sh*t R** would say...

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
They purchased that vehicle from the auction. I do not know how much they paid for it. If I were to guess it was in-between 48,500 to 49,300.

Depending on if anyone else was bidding for it and what the CR is. Tack on other costs and they own that thing for 52-53,xxxk is my guess. I could be off but I'm damn close. They just put it on their lot and I'm sure they have all the foot traffic so why not ask that and come down if needed. In the end your a business and you are there to make a profit. You also took a risk on buying that car.

My point is that... Dealers don't just pay some super low price. People who own these cars know what they have.

That said.. that same dealer could get an FL5 and send it straight to the auction and make plenty. So when they are selling it to you for 5-10k over MSRP. It's because that's the market on the car.

Look to me.. I'm proud my dealer doesn't do it but I understand why others do. They could sell the FL5 to LeRoy. LeRoy decides he likes it but now wants to buy something else because he has another kid on the way. You think LeRoy is going to just trade his car in for less than MSRP because that is what he paid?

No. He is going to be all like "Carvana told me 49" and why wouldn't he?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Is this secretly R** from Honda of Denton? Sounds like some sh*t R** would say...
Lol.

Seriously though do you not agree? Why not just let them know to call you if they can be flexible.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Id like to know how well off financially is a person that pays 50k for a used type R. I mean I’m by no means rich but like to think pretty smart financially think it’s incredibly stupid.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
They purchased that vehicle from the auction. I do not know how much they paid for it. If I were to guess it was in-between 48,500 to 49,300.

Depending on if anyone else was bidding for it and what the CR is. Tack on other costs and they own that thing for 52-53,xxxk is my guess. I could be off but I'm damn close. They just put it on their lot and I'm sure they have all the foot traffic so why not ask that and come down if needed. In the end your a business and you are there to make a profit. You also took a risk on buying that car.

My point is that... Dealers don't just pay some super low price. People who own these cars know what they have.

That said.. that same dealer could get an FL5 and send it straight to the auction and make plenty. So when they are selling it to you for 5-10k over MSRP. It's because that's the market on the car.

Look to me.. I'm proud my dealer doesn't do it but I understand why others do. They could sell the FL5 to LeRoy. LeRoy decides he likes it but now wants to buy something else because he has another kid on the way. You think LeRoy is going to just trade his car in for less than MSRP because that is what he paid?

No. He is going to be all like "Carvana told me 49" and why wouldn't he?
Who TF is LeRoy?

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Id like to know how well off financially is a person that pays 50k for a used type R. I mean I’m by no means rich but like to think pretty smart financially think it’s incredibly stupid.
honestly I considered buying an LE for $55k OTD last week with 72 miles. But I then was like I’m literally paying $10k over for a nearly 2 year old car that is used

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
When I look up what I thought that dealer paid.... Under 10k CTR 2021 with a CR or 4.5 or higher was 48,500 plus at the auction.

I would never, ever.

I'm curious how insurance companies handle this. Anyone with insight into how they work want to chime in? If you want to replace your Type R. How do they assess the value of it?

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Allow me to elaborate the facts.

Inflate the market to get higher used sales now
-Dealerships leverage their new and used inventory all the time...since the large majority of cars are still purchased from independent dealerships and re-sellers, that leverage is used to inflate the value of used cars upward - big companies do this all the time, but especially dealerships since they get to have a say in both the used and new market prices.
-Dealers are independent by definition, but still work together as a lobby. This is why companies like Tesla are having such a hard time pushing in their direct buy from the manufacture approach - Dealerships and their lobbyists are actively working to shut them down. They want to continue driving up the price of cars and staying the middle man to make profit. The Car Dealer Lobbyist group remains one of the most powerful middleman lobbyist groups in the US today.

"well, just look at the value of the used fk8 market!"
-Dealers, just like any other predatory lender, are looking to buy low and sell high - to that end, they don't care if the buyer can afford the car, they only care if they will buy it. Dealer salesmen use this as a tactic to help smooth over the buyer in believing they are getting a great deal from a market they are actively part of buying and selling into.
-Whether the dealer purchases the car private or auction, that purchase was made to make $$ on, plain and simple.

TLDR:
You can defend dealers all you want, but at the end of the day, they are a business looking to make $ from buying low and selling high using leverage as middlemen in a market they are actively involved in manipulating. They have powerful lobbyists in place to protect that leverage.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Allow me to elaborate the facts.

Inflate the market to get higher used sales now
-Dealerships leverage their new and used inventory all the time...since the large majority of cars are still purchased from independent dealerships and re-sellers, that leverage is used to inflate the value of used cars upward - big companies do this all the time, but especially dealerships since they get to have a say in both the used and new market.
-Dealers are independent by definition, but still work together as a lobby. This is why companies like Tesla are having such a hard time pushing in their direct buy from the manufacture approach - Dealerships and their lobbyists are actively working to shut them down. They want to continue driving up the price of cars and staying the middle man to make profit. The Car Dealer Lobbyist group remains one of the most powerful middleman lobbyist groups in the US today.

"well, just look at the value of the used fk8 market!"
-Dealers, just like any other predatory lender, are looking to buy low and sell high - to that end, they don't care if the buyer can afford the car, they only care if they will buy it. Dealer salesmen use this as a tactic to help smooth over the buyer in believing they are getting a great deal from a market they are actively part of buying and selling into.
-Whether the dealer purchases the car private or auction, that purchase was made to make $$ on, plain and simple.

TLDR:
You can defend dealers all you want, but at the end of the day, they are a business looking to make $ from buying low and selling high using leverage as middlemen in a market they are actively involved in manipulating. They have powerful lobbyists in place to protect that leverage.
Ugh...

This isn't what I was talking about.

My point is that the market value of the car increased. It's supply and demand.

There are less new cars. There is a chain reaction to that. I'll gladly explain it to you but this is a topic I have discussed before. It really isn't nothing more than that.

I know that it seems all appealing that the wealthiest person in the world has a business model that is direct to the consumer and feels really good inside to you since you can't negotiate it...

But did it ever occur to you that having dealerships creates competition amongst themselves and helps keep costs low?

Auto sales have got to be up there with the most competitive businesses period. Every other commercial on TV or advertisment you hear or see is about a car. Where you are going to start losing that leverage is these mega dealers purchasing up all the other ones. Competition is good for the consumer.

Before you go on hating. Just remember... That dealership may have 100 employees at one store. That's 100 families that depend on that business to provide to them a stable and safe working environment. That's pressure. May seem small to some but it's a big deal. Dealers also donate in the community. I could tell you plenty of stories that Tesla simply isn't and can't do for their customers that we have and will continue to do.

Powerful lobby? Yes of course. Lots of money flows through it. It's no different than any other business out there. We can totally go down the political avenue if you please. I'd love to discuss outside of this forum. Oh and let us not act as if Elon and friends doesn't lobby.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Might not be well off financially...

type r homeless.jpg
Sad but not unusual living in California due to housing shortage and high rents. Still better than being homeless AND without a car.
Sponsored