• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I don’t think there is anything wrong on their part it was the $15k adm that was mentioned. There will always be a premium on immediacy but Im confident that those later in line at Beurkle are under $10k for sure. Beurkle is good dealer.
oh yeah 100% agreed.
Sponsored

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITS, C8 Z06; great pairing
Had a local dealer tell me 0 ADM over the phone but they do have a negotiable accessory package that I would have to purchase. Rushed into the dealer and they tried to hit me with 20k ADM + accessories. Talk about bait and switch...I have 9yrs experience working in dealerships and I've never pulled shady shit like that before.
was the person you talked to at a call center? i had someone at a call center promise me a test drive in a camaro ZL1 1LE. i drove 40min to check it out and didn't get a ride. then the salesgirl said "if we run your credit, you can drive it" .. but then that didn't work either. i was so mad. deep down i wasn't surprised bc it's not a car they want people to test drive but i was very tempted to buy it ... but bailed and went a different direction after that very annoying interaction. how hard is it to just be a straight shooter?

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Great advice. I only ever use Navy Fed and never took the chance to see what else is out there aside from what the dealer offers.

I have two routes in mind. Keep the cash on the trade and start fresh with the FL5 or just keep what I have and wait like you said. Maybe hold for the refresh.

There's also a question i have that may impact this...

What do you think is the likelihood of Honda raising the base MSRP over the life of this FL5 model?

Last edited:

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
There's also a question i have that may impact this...

What do you think the likelihood of Honda raising the base MSRP over the life of this FL5 model?
I was looking at this data not too long ago. Honda, like most manufacturers, will raise the MSRP over the production run with or without minor lifecycle improvements. For example, the FK8 MSRP increased by 8.2% from 2017 to 2021. No one can say with 100% certainty what the price hikes all be but it's highly unlikely the MSRP remains static throughout the production run.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Considering model year is more like 2016-2020, inflation was a 8% over that time period than Honda did a good job keeping the cost in line. I guess the big bump in FL5 help make up for the additional 17% inflation over the two short years of 2020-2022. Thank wasteful government spending during Covid for that.

I was looking at this data not too long ago. Honda, like most manufacturers, will raise the MSRP over the production run with or without minor lifecycle improvements. For example, the FK8 MSRP increased by 8.2% from 2017 to 2021. No one can say with 100% certainty what the price hikes all be but it's highly unlikely the MSRP remains static throughout the production run.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Something I've come to find in my ctr search - sales guys just make up prices. You can call call the same dealer, talk to three different people, and get three different prices. Some dealers did a good job communicating the price of a ctr with their staff, but many did not. I've called many dealers on that allocation map and have been given a totally different price than what someone else has documented only a day or two prior.
Yeah I had the same thing, this is why you should speak to ask to the GM. They generally have the solid details since they are higher up.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Yeah I had the same thing, this is why you should speak to ask to the GM. They generally have the solid details since they are higher up.
Yes, that has been my advice as well -- as I also prefer to speak directly with the GM *if* I am truly serious.

I don't usually bother the sales mgr if i'm not actually thinking of negotiating.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
was the person you talked to at a call center? i had someone at a call center promise me a test drive in a camaro ZL1 1LE. i drove 40min to check it out and didn't get a ride. then the salesgirl said "if we run your credit, you can drive it" .. but then that didn't work either. i was so mad. deep down i wasn't surprised bc it's not a car they want people to test drive but i was very tempted to buy it ... but bailed and went a different direction after that very annoying interaction. how hard is it to just be a straight shooter?
Ugh, what bullshit. If you pulled up in an expensive piece of kit, I'm sure they would allow you to test drive it then. Shame really...