• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Based on user name you can likely tell what we do. But there will be many members of media buying these cars. Some for just clicks others because they love it. I got an allocation before driving it based on discussions from insiders. Now that I have driven it and spoken with Chief Engineer I am confident in my choice.

Our launch video will have driving impressions then when my personal car is delivered we will be answering technical questions. As you may already know there are many similarities to FK8 so it's not a ground up re-think but slightly different approach.

I will be posting in here and following the community to see what's going on along with working with King Motorsports/Mugen who was co developing a race car in Japan with Honda Engineers. So we have lots of information to contribute and also learn from other owners.

If you have questions I will try and answer them also trying to stay in touch with Honda about issues problems and of course dealer abuse. Regional reps are keeping a close on dealers who are doing mark up BS to make sure allocations go to those not playing games.

11th Gen Honda Civic πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Media Launch Questions for savagegeese? image-20221110-173211 (1)

11th Gen Honda Civic πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Media Launch Questions for savagegeese? image-20221110-173211 (2)

11th Gen Honda Civic πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Media Launch Questions for savagegeese? 20221110_135932.JPG
Sponsored

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Although there are ways of getting the OEM accessories from Japan for the JDM version of the FL5, will there be a future availability for the accessories like the side view mirror light and others apparently exclusive in Japan? I also wonder if the mats are different when compared between US and JDM. I guess these are little things and nothing too important, I just think the car is amazing as it is and want to make it look even better.

I apologize ahead if this is already answered on the forum, it's a lot to keep up with. Keep up the awesome work! Been subscribed since the first FK8 review.

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
Its the goose!

Any hints on the color your getting?

Trilly_Loomis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Passport
Hello from a fellow IL resident! can't wait to see and hear some impressions, also
"and of course dealer abuse. Regional reps are keeping a close on dealers who are doing mark up BS to make sure allocations go to those not playing games."

If this is true then thank you for figthing the good fight, and if you could also pull some strings to get a few more CBP into the state that would be great! πŸ˜‚

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Amazing, happy to have your hear @savagegeese. What are you planning to do with the FL5? Curious, cause you just got the GR86 as well.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Hells yes, this is awesome! Curious to hear what you have to say about the FL5, it being likely the last one or at least last ICE based model.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Although there are ways of getting the OEM accessories from Japan for the JDM version of the FL5, will there be a future availability for the accessories like the side view mirror light and others apparently exclusive in Japan? I also wonder if the mats are different when compared between US and JDM. I guess these are little things and nothing too important, I just think the car is amazing as it is and want to make it look even better.

I apologize ahead if this is already answered on the forum, it's a lot to keep up with. Keep up the awesome work! Been subscribed since the first FK8 review.
So basically the JDM part catalog access is based on US product planners. I was told over the life cycle they will add more as dealer options but nothing short term. If you have specific parts I can pass it along to them. As of right now you will have to import any of those items.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
@savagegeese Glad to have you here, been a fan of yours for years. Patiently waiting for your video, I do believe you and your team make the best car review videos on YouTube currently.

Do you plan to track your FL5?

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
RE

Red by choice. My first Civic I bought from 90s was red so this is a full circle decision.
Same brother. πŸ’ͺ Glad to know you won't need the barf bag this time around.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I currently have a 21 Fk8, Im in IL and currently have A couple of dealer leads asking a 10k markup for the FL5 From your perspective is the FL5 worth this price difference from the FK8? I feel that I could haggle them down from the 10k, but not sure if it’s worth all the hassle.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Hello from a fellow IL resident! can't wait to see and hear some impressions, also
"and of course dealer abuse. Regional reps are keeping a close on dealers who are doing mark up BS to make sure allocations go to those not playing games."

If this is true then thank you for figthing the good fight, and if you could also pull some strings to get a few more CBP into the state that would be great! πŸ˜‚
I had long discussions about this and will address it in my main video. The long and short of it is the Civic is not a GT3 or Z06 Vette, Ferrari. Those who are getting into cars or love them need cars like Type R and not everyone has insane money for sports cars. I know personally dealers who have made more money this past year with markups than any other year in history.

They play these short sighted games by damaging brands and hurting the future generations of buyers who will remember the games they played. It's a broken system and one the manufacturers can't fix right now.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
I currently have a 21 Fk8, Im in IL and currently have A couple of dealer leads asking a 10k markup for the FL5 From your perspective is the FL5 worth this price difference from the FK8? I feel that I could haggle them down from the 10k, but not sure if it’s worth all the hassle.
To be honest we are talking about a 44k Civic. The car is good but it's not a 50k car on any planet. And while I understand the bug up peoples ass to get this car it's not worth that money once dealers are sitting on more inventory it will drive down prices.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
So basically the JDM part catalog access is based on US product planners. I was told over the life cycle they will add more as dealer options but nothing short term. If you have specific parts I can pass it along to them. As of right now you will have to import any of those items.
I'm hoping to get the carbon fiber center console cover, side panel covers, the red side view mirror caps, and the "Type R" projection on the side view mirrors when the car is unlocked or doors opened. I'll be on the lookout for any hookups as we get taxed differently for U.S. mainland products in Puerto Rico. Would it one day populate the pages dealers use to order these parts? I know the wing, shift knob, etc. are available. I hope some of these questions can be addressed by them if you are able to ask.

Thanks again. You guys are awesome.
Sponsored