• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Savagegeese commented the Bose on the Civic Hatch is as good as the one on the Mazda 3 premium (which they liked). So as long as the type R's is as good as the regular hatch's we should be golden.
So glad car companies are putting nice sound systems in cars these days. The HK system in our Ascent was awesome (better than the Bose in Mazda's CX9, but it was a paid option vs the standard Bose). The B&W system in my Focus is also really good.

The 2020 Si stereo wasn't half bad either, nice step up from the Sport hatch, hopefully the Bose is better.
Sponsored

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Thanks for pointing me back to this channel. I'd dismissed it a while back since some of his work a few years ago was kinda cringe inducing.

But credit where credit is due. I hate my own voice on camera so props for him finding a better presenting style and putting decent content together. All of his recent Japan visit videos are quite good.

Agreed, Spoon know their way around a K20C1 by now. If he says there will likely still be some limitations in cooling I'll remain cautiously optimistic.
Really dont like how we are on this topic but whoever started the overheating discussion completely left the biggest piece of info from the conversation. The guy literally says that the FL5 has a significant higher capacity than the FK8 in terms of performance.

Also the engine itself will always suffer from overheating because of the integrated exhuast manifold. Getting rid of that alone would alleviate the problem, but you can't because its part of the engine so you have to work around it

Nismohks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Keiichi Tsuchiya did a back to back drive earlier this year and the FK8 was faster. He does provide commentary on both cars.
His YouTube channel is drift king television if I remember correctly
Hi could you post a link for the video please . I had a look on his channel but didn't find the video you mentioned. Thanks

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Awesome shots, especially the rolling one. Keep’em coming along with any new observation/thoughts on the car.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
Great photos! I also want to hear your impressions overall after the miles you’ve driven. Maybe an update on the modes?

OP
OP
crash___

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
Great photos! I also want to hear your impressions overall after the miles you’ve driven. Maybe an update on the modes?
i'll may do another one, i'm almost at 1,000 miles. still not used to be very careful when getting in and out of the car haha

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Congratulations, Thats awesome! But 14k over msrp ?? 😅😅 yikes!

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
@crash___ Did you drive the FK8 in the video? The FL5 seems lower in the video and seems to have better stance.

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR - 2022 MDX Type S Advance
@Crash, cool video of the 1st and 2nd gen CTR's and thanks for posting.

One question and it centers around the curb weight of the FL5 as the Honda USA website lists the curb weight at 3,118# but recently Honda Auto News listed the FL5 curb weight of 3,188#.

Obviously power to weight ratio for any performance vehicle is paramount therefore wondering if you would be able to get to a CAT scale in your area and confirm the weight of your new FL5 with a full tank of fuel in it?

After taking delivery of my 2018 GT350R Base Model back in the day the first thing that I did was head to the nearest CAT scale and weighed it on a truck platform scale in both directions with the weight coming exactly the same at 3,620# for both scale weights.

Getting back to the curb weight of the FL5, I suggest that the weight of this new model will be the 3,188# and not the 3,118# as listed on the Honda USA website.

Thanks again for posting the video of the CW FK8 and FL5 models!

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 87 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Thanks for posting up your impressions! Very cool to hear the comments about the FL5. I am an FK8 owner and daily an 11th gen Si, FE1.
• The Bose system is a huge upgrade to the crappy system in the FK8.
• The higher final drive ratio of the FL5 might actually be better for acceleration. The FK8 is difficult to get going off the line. Tires do not like to hook-up. You need to baby it to get moving and not lose boost. Once moving though! I autocross my FK8 and launching is most challenging. Even with 19" wheels and RE71's.
• The 11th gen chassis Si is noticeably stiffer than the 10 gen FK8, so I'm guessing the FL5 is even better as it is stiffened more than an Si.
• The screen on the dash is actually nice. Less glare than the 10th gen with the angle on the screen. The 11th gen display is way more responsive and quicker to synch with my iPhone. I can be listening to Pandora or Spotify and still have Waze up for my map and speed trap notifications.

I like the FL5 and think it is an amazing car. I'll be sticking with my FK8 because of the silliness of the current market pricing.

Enjoy your FL5. You will always remember this car!
Sponsored