• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I like the front on the DE5 more than the FL5 but that's about it. IMO even if the tacked on flares aren't actually tacked on they still look like an afterthought. Compared to the FL5 where they were integrated into the door and sheet metal of the quarter panel. The styling of the flares reminds me of a few Dodge's that I don't find visually appealing.

The area they failed is the rear where the gloss black goes up to the license plate area. They could have just left that out and it would have looked great. I honestly don't understand why they did what they did.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I like the front on the DE5 more than the FL5 but that's about it. IMO even if the tacked on flares aren't actually tacked on they still look like an afterthought. Compared to the FL5 where they were integrated into the door and sheet metal of the quarter panel. The styling of the flares reminds me of a few Dodge's that I don't find visually appealing.

The area they failed is the rear where the gloss black goes up to the license plate area. They could have just left that out and it would have looked great. I honestly don't understand why they did what they did.
I think with a non-color matching license plate to break that up you won't notice it as much.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe with a tinted rear window it will help even it out. I just feel like they could have left the license plate area body color and just have the parking sensors visible in the color matched area. It seems like the only reason they did gloss black was to hide the parking sensors like the front but it's a massive area that looks lopsided.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2024 Acura Integra Type S World Premiere! 2024acuratypes-rear

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
That said, I was also considering the G87 BMW M2 and that car has been getting absolutely hammered by the peanut gallery. This car is getting a downright joyous celebration in comparison.
Call me crazy, but the G87 is my favorite BMW in years. I’d much rather have one than a previous-gen M2. Which goes to show, the age-old adage of beauty being in the eye of the beholder is true.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Why is this such a big deal? The car looks great. If you don't think it does, I don't think "fully integrated" fenders would do it for you, either.

It's a $50k car. There are going to be compromises.

Know what else is $50k? A Ford Explorer. In fact, it's not difficult to find them over $60k... and I could go on... I just checked and yep, first couple Subaru Ascents I saw eclipsed $50k... seriously, just stop to think about what $50k gets you in today's market.... sad to say, it really isn't much.

A great, track-capable driving experience with some luxury amenities and an appealing design for $50k is amazing in this market. The fact that I can also get my 75 lb dog in it plus his cage and luggage and another whole ass person makes this an EXTREMELY compelling car- even without memory seats, ambient lighting, or a usb charger in the rear.

I'd even argue this car is NOT intended to be a family car. It's just a practical sports car that can do family things occasionally. If you truly need a "family car" then you would look at the a-spec, or a TLX, or any number of other cars that won't drive or look like this, and aren't available in a manual.

I'm just hoping all of the vocal commenters with negative opinions of the car stay away from it so I can avoid an ADM. Even if they do, I don't think they're going to have a problem selling this car.

That said, I do of course hope some of this stuff makes it into production, but I haven't lost sight of how much car $50k gets you.

Also let me remind everyone that the average asking price of a used CTR is hovering around $61k, last I checked. If you can actually get this car for $50k, it will be a bargain.
Uhh, I couldn't care less if it was tacked on or not TBH. Was just calling it out haha

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Uhh, I couldn't care less if it was tacked on or not TBH. Was just calling it out haha
Yeah, your post was just like the 12th time I'd seen it referenced and it was the breaking point.

Call me crazy, but the G87 is my favorite BMW in years. I’d much rather have one than a previous-gen M2. Which goes to show, the age-old adage of beauty being in the eye of the beholder is true.
Yeah the F87 has a lot of fans. I see some similarities with what happened with that car and this ITS. F87 guys would go out of their way to express how much they disliked very specific elements about the car. Let's just call a spade a spade... if you have a vested interest in disliking something, you're gonna find reasons to dislike it.

For example- F87 M2 Competitions have been trading at or over MSRP for 3-4 year old used cars for quite some time now. And then the G87 comes along at the same price point...

Much like folks who have admitted to paying as much as $20k(!) over MSRP for a CTR. Personally, I don't think that's a valid opinion. It's more or less impossible to remove bias in that scenario.

Hell, even if you paid MSRP for a CTR; you're going to have feelings attached.

I went through the same thing when the 718 GTS 4.0 was announced. I had a 981 GTS at the time that I got for a smoking deal. It was paid off! I looked for any and every reason to not love the new car. It didn't work, but in my own mind I was convinced it was not a worthwhile upgrade.

I held out as long as I could (pretty much until the next generation was announced to be all-electric...).

It's just an anecdote but I'm just saying. I take EVERY opinion from a current owner of a previous gen car with a huge grain of salt.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Every opinion in life comes with some degree of bias. Not even directly tied to the car that someone currently owns. Mine comes from decades of owning Honda cars which I'll try to explain below. I knew that the Integra Type S would be VERY similar to the Civic Type R and still made the decision to move forward with my FL5 purchase.
  • My first real car when I was 17 was an Integra that I owned and built for about 6 years. In my mind the Integra doesn't hold the same place in my heart as Civic does when it comes to branding. Civic seems timeless. Integra seems trendy. My good friends think I'm crazy but I have a hard time explaining why it doesn't seem as special to me as a longtime Honda fanboy.
  • I HATE that they stamped the Integra name into the front and rear bumper. This was a thing you did in the late 90's if you were a car manufacturer. Not 2023. It is extremely off base and I have a hard time believing that anyone that loves Integra branding would find that to be important when it comes to buying this car.
  • The seats are hideous. They should have done a consistent material or color at least.
  • I've already expressed how much I dislike the rear bumper design. It could be something that grows on me or maybe only looks bad directly from the back. There are angles of the FL5 that I don't love that will likely grow on me. It's just part of modern car design being ahead of what we all want. :)

Last edited:

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Also let me remind everyone that the average asking price of a used CTR is hovering around $61k, last I checked. If you can actually get this car for $50k, it will be a bargain.
Carmax shows 13 used CTRs, all from $38k to $48k.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Every opinion in life comes with some degree of bias. Not even directly tied to the car that someone currently owns. Mine comes from decades of owning Honda cars which I'll try to explain below. I knew that the Integra Type S would be VERY similar to the Civic Type R and still made the decision to move forward with my FL5 purchase.
  • My first real car when I was 17 was an Integra that I owned and built for about 6 years. In my mind the Integra doesn't hold the same place in my heart as Civic does when it comes to branding. Civic seems timeless. Integra seems trendy. My good friends think I'm crazy but I have a hard time explaining why it doesn't seem as special to me as a longtime Honda fanboy.
  • I HATE that they stamped the Integra name into the front and rear bumper. This was a thing you did in the late 90's if you were a car manufacturer. Not 2023. It is extremely off base and I have a hard time believing that anyone that loves Integra branding would find that to be important when it comes to buying this car.
  • The seats are hideous. They should have done a consistent material or color at least.
  • I've already expressed how much I dislike the rear bumper design. It could be something that grows on me or maybe only looks bad directly from the back. There are angles of the FL5 that I don't love that will likely grow on me. It's just part of modern car design being ahead of what we all want. :)
See, great point. To me, all of your complaints come from a place that is completely irrelevant to me. Even in a vacuum, I don't agree with any of them. You saying you cut your teeth on an integra as your introduction to fun cars makes even less sense.

Thanks for providing a valuable data point that proves my hypothesis lol.

yes, is he talking about uses FL5s? Not sure the point of that, the only used ones at this point would be flippers.
Yes, I guess I should have specified. The point is that the "true value" of the FL5/DE5 platform on the open market appears to be north of $60k (I know these are asking prices, I don't think people are still actually paying that but who knows). Which, interestingly enough, puts it right about on par with what the MSRP is in the UK... Which proves out a couple things- first, people are finding value despite shortcomings of it being "just a Civic" or "can't be a sports car if it's FWD"... before you even get to the lack of "creature comforts you'd expect out of a $60k car".

But the point was more or less to dismiss the concept that because Acura is going to charge nearly $50k for this car, that perfection is to be expected. The market speaks the loudest, as it is a lot harder to pony up $60k than it is to type out a feverish hate comment on a message board.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
My only "minor" disappointments with the ITS so far is:

1. CTR seats look more special
2. Tacked on fenders

I actually like the look of the tacked fenders, I just dont like them actually being tacked on for longevity and cleaning purposes. I get the impression that dirt is slowly going to accumulate there and eventually start peeling part of the tacked fender off.

The seats aren't bad, and its more that the CTR seats look REALLY good.

We'll see what the MSRP price ends up being though. Because all of this is assuming the price is competitive.

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
I actually like the look of the tacked fenders, I just dont like them actually being tacked on for longevity and cleaning purposes. I get the impression that dirt is slowly going to accumulate there and eventually start peeling part of the tacked fender off.
I believe it's just the look.

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
yes, is he talking about uses FL5s? Not sure the point of that, the only used ones at this point would be flippers.
A few have already popped up in my local area by dealerships. By people who live the YOLO life and couldn't make their first payment. Just look at your favorite used car search engine. You'll see FL5's with 1000+ miles posted for $58k+ at dealerships. Happens with every hype car in an era of lenient lending policies.

As for the ITS, not sure why everyone is so worried about MSRP. In the real world it'll be similar to possibly cheaper than the CTR for a zero work local deal with Acura's not commanding a huge demand in general after whatever markups and dealer required packages. Really, the only thing you lose is the wing, seats/carpet and R+ gauges unless something about the chassis reinforcement comes out. It's 31 lbs, more usable drive modes, more convenience features for essentially the same price with basically the same performance (slightly lower spring/damper rate). Aesthetics is always going to be in the eyes of the beholder, but the front lip to the brake duct and rear diffuser is definitely more aggressive than the CTR.
Sponsored