• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
They're sitting cause they're overpriced. A $50k FWD manual only Integra will also be overpriced. There's a pretty small pool of buyers willing to pay $50k for a 6mT FWD car.

This would have been a huge hit with SH-AWD and optional DCT.

Like a lot of people in this thread, I think it looks cool, and I'm even happy with FWD and 6mT. But $50k? That's a lot of money.
I mean I think we are speculating on price. I'm sure it isn't far off that. However the car will likely have some additional reasons to justify the increase in cost. Have to wait and see.
Sponsored

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Right...the TLX-S is probably the better deal for 56k with the SH-AWD but even then a close to 60k price point for 355 HP isn't something to get overly excited about.

Cars are a preference, I don't judge anyone how they spend their money. What one might consider a waste of money might be a dream car for someone else. The main point I was trying to get through is that after all the complaining about the CTR and markups, it's unrealistic to think that this car is going to be a better bargain, or an alternative. It'll be a CTR with more luxurious options, therefore increasing the cost. Minimum of 5k more before markups, I'm leaning more towards 7k more.
I think it’ll be less popular than the Type R so markups will be less.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Calling it now MSRP for it will be around 48k

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Local Acura dealer has two people already on their 1k non refundable deposit waitlist so far. MSRP + 2,995 in accessories.
Lucky. I put a deposit down months ago and there were already 30+ paid deposits ahead of me. Hopefully Acura pumps out a lot of these because the low quantities of the Type R in Canada don’t look promising.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
This is awesome. A Civic Type R and an Integra Type S (Basically a Type R) is back out together soon. I hope this provides the variety people were wanting. I can't see how this won't be marked up even more than the FL5... So many dealers have let us down by saying they'll sell at MSRP at first to then reveal a bait and switch.

But I don't want to add anymore price speculation like we did for the FL5. However, I can say that with owning mine, I love the exhaust note but it could be a little better to give off the aggressive sound that most of us are waiting on the aftermarket for. There was a statement made by user: Integra23 on the Integra forum and he posted this text from someone who heard the exhaust note apparently.

I'm waiting on Spoon to get some products out but if the Integra comes with a better exhaust note, I'm really excited for the people waiting on the Integra to come out.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2024 Integra Type S Officially Announced! + First Drive Reviews! Screenshot_20221205-211658

Last edited:

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Pretty bold for sure, but I think we know what to expect for the most part coming from the FL5. Obviously going to be differences, but the we kind of know what to expect. Hell many of us put deposits on the FL5 proto lol
I put my deposit on the CTR when it was driving around with cardboard boxes taped to it…🤪

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
This is awesome. A Civic Type R and an Integra Type S (Basically a Type R) is back out together soon. I hope this provides the variety people were wanting. I can't see how this won't be marked up even more than the FL5... So many dealers have let us down by saying they'll sell at MSRP at first to then reveal a bait and switch.

But I don't want to add anymore price speculation like we did for the FL5. However, I can say that with owning mine, I love the exhaust note but it could be a little better to give off the aggressive sound that most of us are waiting on the aftermarket for. There was a statement made by user: Integra23 on the Integra forum and he posted this text from someone who heard the exhaust note apparently.

I'm waiting on Spoon to get some products out but if the Integra comes with a better exhaust note, I'm really excited for the people waiting on the Integra to come out.
Screenshot_20221205-211658.png
I’m very curious to know what makes the exhaust go boom? Probably not worth the money but I wonder if one could swap the muffler and tailpipe section from the Type S to the Type R. I love the look of the equal sized triple tips of the Type S as well.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
I’m very curious to know what makes the exhaust go boom? Probably not worth the money but I wonder if one could swap the muffler and tailpipe section from the Type S to the Type R. I love the look of the equal sized triple tips of the Type S as well.
I was thinking the same thing.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
IT will share the same suspension with the CTR but it will be tuned less for track duty and more for the street aka softer and more compliant.
This is going to be interesting to watch unfold. Most the early reviewers are complaining that the CTR is to stiff on the track and are miffed that you can’t run individual mode and the traction control off so as to get the suspension in comfort mode.

If Acura sorts that complaint about the CTR on the Type S it could pay dividends on the track.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Likely better sound dampening, and leather seats, which will probably add to the weight increase, but im sure it'll be way more focused on luxury and comfort.
I just checked and the weight difference from the Civic hatchback and the Integra ASpec is barely over 100 lbs. I can’t see the weight difference between the CTR and the ITS being much differen. I think that negligible in the grand scheme of things.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
If this thing had SH AWD...

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
I just checked and the weight difference from the Civic hatchback and the Integra ASpec is barely over 100 lbs. I can’t see the weight difference between the CTR and the ITS being much differen. I think that negligible in the grand scheme of things.
Yeah I figured, Kirk Kreifels had, im guessing an estimate, at 3400lbs in his ITS video, and I think that just messed with my brain lol.

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I'm not excited to see peoples reactions when the price is dropped, thinking that this is going to be an alternative to the CTR. This will have a 50k+ MSRP so all peoples complaints that exist with the CTR should in theory exist on the Integra. "50k puts you in a whole different level" blah blah blah.

Oh and those who don't think this will have a mark up because the regular Integras are sitting on the lots, good luck. The Integras 38k model is a decent car but the base models aren't that great with options, that's why they are sitting.
Talked to my local Acura dealer yesterday and I asked him some questions on the type s. He said that they don't do markups instead they do a package that contains all weather floor mats, wheel locks and one other accessory. He said that the package is about $750. He also said that most Acura dealers don't do markups because you have to build and order the car online. I know things can change but if what he said is true then only a few Acura dealers will do markups.
Sponsored