• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
assuming everyone in here is Canadian, i was in another thread but seems to be mostly US folks...i placed a deposit back in oct 2021 at Ontario GTA dealership and initially after the reveal was told that the way it works by the sales rep and later sales manager, when mothership Honda opens up orders all the dealerships would submit their orders prioritized based on deposit date... mind you could include those that ordered the LE fk8, and then Honda would give each dealership it's allocation and then the dealership should contact those are at the top of the list.... today i spoke to some other sales rep same dealership and they said that honda told them that consumers would have to order online through their website when it opens and didnt say when and to through online order consumers get to choose which dealership...and he seemed pushy to give me a deposit refund, to me that doesnt sound right not sure what you guys think, i plan to go in person and talk to the same sales rep i have delt with in the past to try and get a straight answer
Sponsored

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
I was #3 on the list at Carter Honda in Vancouver and just had my deposit refunded. Said they're only getting 1 car for certain for 2023, and that they're not allowed to hold onto people's deposits for 2024 and beyond.

They said they're going to keep track of what order people originally put their deposits down, but who knows how that'll go.

Shit sucks.
Ok, that is interesting

I've been on the waitlist at Carter since forever and they straight up refused to take a deposit.

When did you put your deposit down if you don't mind me asking?

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
here is a great example of how this misinformation these are two different dealership websites in Ontario
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want Screenshot_20221023-002443
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want Screenshot_20221023-003018

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want Screenshot_20221023-003018

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want Screenshot_20221023-002443

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
If someone gets news in Canada please let us know so we can bother our dealerships as well. So far no news from me. I did reach out to someone today he told me they don't know anything yet and I'm #4 on their list. So still pretty vague!

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5-17224, ITR 01-1189, Elise, E61, 190E 2.3-16
Update from one of my friends: They said that their dealer is getting 3 the first year.

My dealership said they dont even think they're getting 2 over 3 years...

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5-17224, ITR 01-1189, Elise, E61, 190E 2.3-16
Village was the one with 3. They have a waitlist of 10+.

Im dealing with Okotoks

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
just spoke to 2 or 3 different dealers today
the one that has my deposit over a year ago continued to say we can't get you the car... Honda informed them last month due to various stipulations and holding deposits etc.. to basically have customers order the car through honda.ca when it goes on sale and to start refunding ppl

The other dealership i called, just to compare if this news is the same across the board, told me a different story... that they are not taking deposits but people came in to be put on a waitlist and they currently have 25+ people

a 3rd dealership asked for 1k-2k deposit minimum to get me on the list

so here is my hypothesis so far... those that are taking deposits those reps don't know what's going on and they are ok with holding cash inside their dealership specially if it's small and hurting

those that are holding a waitlist without a deposit know they are getting some allocation perhaps 3 or 5 over 3 years and they are gonna go down the list

those that want to refund the deposit and asking customers to go online, they know they are not getting allocation

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 ITS
Weird because all dealerships I spoke with required a deposit to be on a waitlist. No one said they’ll do waitlist with no deposit nor has anyone said you need to order via Hondas website directly lol. There’s definitely inconsistent info among the dealer network but those sales reps don’t align with any others I’ve spoken to in the gta.

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Village was the one with 3. They have a waitlist of 10+.

Im dealing with Okotoks
T&T told me 5 over 3 years. I'm at 20+ with them though. Thought I'd put myself on there just in case anyways LOL

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
If you are 1 to 3 on a waitlist you should def have a deposit in. Ya sucks to be in GTA, i put myself on a waitlist this August in Halifax and I'm only #4 on list. Can you guys buy out of province? I'd drive from ON to Manitoba to get mine tbh.
Sponsored