• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Thanks for sharing the news! Ya I think someone already said it here nicely, and looks like some dealers are not being proactive and not requesting a car from Honda Canada. And well if you snooze, you loose. Try to make sure your GSM is requesting those cars and fighting for you to get one. And of course deposit helps cuz no dealer will put an order without a deposit. Well, i guess it would be safe to do for a type r but still.
Sponsored

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Did you get in touch recently? If not, it doesn't hurt to email them or give them a quick call.
I'm in west GTA.

Finally got in touch. Was told they're getting 7 over three years. 3 for first year coming between Dec and Mar. Looks like a winter delivery but I'll take it over a more vague update or no cars. This is also close to their 8 car guestimate from a few months ago.

Of course this doesn't mean actual allocations. He said they really don't have a date or any other details. Also, no info on accessories yet other than pictures on the internet.

They've stopped taking deposits a while ago. Was at over 15 back in July. Said he gets bombarded daily about the car.

I asked about the lottery system. Doesn't seem to be a thing that he's aware of. So I guess if you're at the top or near the top, be patient. Hopefully it all works out.

My one theory about the lottery system is that it's a new secondary system for those that can't get one through dealers, to have a chance at getting the car. I find it odd that multiple dealers in at least 2-3 provinces, would all say the same thing, unless they're all owned by one dealer group. It had to have started from somewhere and multiple dealers got the same message. If it was a lie, there should be at least some variation or inconsistency.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Good to hear. Hope you're close to top of that waitlist... It does help living in a small province, sure we will never get as many cars as GTA, but it is hell of a lot easier to get one. I still recommend people to look outside of province. Maybe not big cities like Winnipeg and Regina, but Brandon and Moose Jaw def would be on my list.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
My sales person just confirmed last night that they have allocations. 5 over 5 years. I thought itā€™s 3 year run but whatever at least he confirmed it. Iā€™m in AB
CGY or EDM?

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
Yyc, I think they will have details soon. Should reach to your dealer to confirm if they getting any.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Yyc, I think they will have details soon. Should reach to your dealer to confirm if they getting any.
same I did last week, good news on my end no official number on how many !

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
hope you guys get get them

out of desperation I started reaching out to out of province dealerships mainly on east coast... almost every single dealership I spoke to confirmed they got allocations but very scarce something like 1 or 2 and most have already been spoken for or one in late 23 and one in 24 or 25

starting to lose hope here in Ontario, I have put a deposit a year ago and even lined up a shop to do ppf tints and ceramic on the car the day i sign the papers, but mentally starting to accept defeat ...really wanted it brand new a car like that you want brand new ... the US seems is getting the most but those guys are all dealing with mark ups making the car min. 60-70k usd walkout which means it's 70-80k cdn but luckily for us whoever ends up getting one here in canada will most likely be looking at 60k walkout

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
if you put deposit year ago means you are way ahead lot of ppl here. unless you put deposit on a small dealership that wont get any.

alTypeR

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ND2, 2022 CRV
No news from my dealer. I was dealing with the leasing manager, they didn't even reply to my last email. But Honda Canadaā€™s face book page has just updated their profile photo with a CW Type R. Not sure of that is a glimmer or light ā€¦. Didn't they say the embargo is lifting this Friday? Will be glued on youtube lol

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
if you put deposit year ago means you are way ahead lot of ppl here. unless you put deposit on a small dealership that wont get any.
according to them at the time of taking my deposit they claimed to be one of the top 5 in Ontario, i am keeping calm and collected to speak with the store manager

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Good spot on the Honda Facebook image updates. And yeah, signs point to tomorrow, the 27th, being the day. The Straightpipes YouTube account said to look for their review tomorrow. I assume that means prices will finally be released? Itā€™s fun watching the main deposit thread blowing up with VIN #s for US dealers, but definitely feeling jealous up here in the great white north!

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Itā€™s fun watching the main deposit thread blowing up with VIN #s for US dealers, but definitely feeling jealous up here in the great white north!
Well, at least we got MSRP going and don't have to participate in a bid war!

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5-17224, ITR 01-1189, Elise, E61, 190E 2.3-16
Well, at least we got MSRP going and don't have to participate in a bid war!
Well not exactly. I know of atleast one dealership that will sell the FL5 as a "used car" and have interested buyers partake in a bidding war.
Sponsored