• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealer Markup Average

mustafahmir

First Name
Mustafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic LX
Now that the car has been selling for a few months, what are the markups you guys have been seeing? If 11th gen si owners would like to share
Sponsored

BallisticSquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EX Hatch, 2020 Si Sedan, 2023 Si
In my area (Northwest NJ), the dealers are asking $5k markup, except for the dealer around the corner from me that was asking $3k. Because I was a returning customer and I was local, they knocked the markup down to $1400. It still irked me to pay over MSRP, but it's the reality today if you want certain cars. There is one dealership that apparently doesn't markup, but they have a waiting list for cars that they may get one day.

The other dealers that had them on the lot with $5k markups have all sold. So they are moving them even with the markup.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
I'm wondering if i got lucky on my Si... I haggled with the dealer down to 31.5?
31.5 is a great deal, especially California. Of course you'll have all these individuals who don't understand how the economy works telling you anything over MRSP is a a waste but this is a deal.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Was able to get ours at MSRP out of WI
You go to WIlde Honda? When I lived in IL I bought from them and had a great experience and heard they continued to be an MSRP dealer even through the pandemic.

I think the key to MSRP is stay away from the most densely populated areas and try to actively build a relationship with the dealer, especially if you haven't done business with them before.

I would genuinely be shocked if anyone in the country had a story like, "I cold-called a dealer and they said they would sell it to me at MSRP so I bought it!"

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
You go to WIlde Honda? When I lived in IL I bought from them and had a great experience and heard they continued to be an MSRP dealer even through the pandemic.

I think the key to MSRP is stay away from the most densely populated areas and try to actively build a relationship with the dealer, especially if you haven't done business with them before.

I would genuinely be shocked if anyone in the country had a story like, "I cold-called a dealer and they said they would sell it to me at MSRP so I bought it!"
Got ours from Kocourek Honda of Rhinelander

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
I was able to get mine last December at MSRP with required $800 protection package in Portland OR.

I know this was an amazing deal because I was back at the same dealer a few weeks ago and asked them if they were still selling Si's at MSRP and they said they do $5000 markup on Si's and $10000 on Type Rs. I told the salesman about my buy last year and he couldn't believe it.

OP
OP
mustafahmir

mustafahmir

First Name
Mustafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic LX
I was able to get mine last December at MSRP with required $800 protection package in Portland OR.

I know this was an amazing deal because I was back at the same dealer a few weeks ago and asked them if they were still selling Si's at MSRP and they said they do $5000 markup on Si's and $10000 on Type Rs. I told the salesman about my buy last year and he couldn't believe it.
Nice work!

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
It is not my intention to ruffle feathers, but I just wanted to give some perspective on two different buying experiences.

I replaced my '22 Si with a Tesla Model 3 (no, it's not as fun, but it is an amazing daily) and the buying experience was sooo refreshingly easy and pleasant. It was like buying an iPhone. I found a car in the color I wanted in local inventory, price listed clearly on the website. I put down a deposit online, and a few days later I went to the Tesla service center to pick up my car. Sent the rest of the money through bank transfer, signed the papers, and drove away in less than 20 minutes.

Compare that to my recent experience helping my mother buy a '23 CR-V Hybrid - Not even a low-production enthusiast car like an Si or god forbid a Type R - calling a half dozen dealers in our area and getting a thousand different versions of markup stories and typical dealer nonsense. "Oh, we're $5000 over but we include our 10 year dealer warranty" or "$3000 over and you gotta wait six weeks, you have two color options". Finally after weeks of back and forth we got a dealer to sell at $1000 over MSRP in the color she wanted. Again, this is with a damn CR-V, as mainstream a vehicle as it gets! In all the CR-V Sport Touring before taxes and fees (MSRP plus markup) was about $41,500.

The Tesla was $42,900, barely more than the CR-V. Add on top of that that we got $7500 in Federal tax rebates and $2500 Oregon state tax rebates for the Model 3, it actually cost about $35,000 out the door, taxes and fees. I know many of you are paying that or more for the Civic Si.

This is not meant to be a post about whether the Civic Si or the Model 3 is the better car, obviously that depends on the situation. I love both cars in different ways. My point is that if you're frustrated and disgusted with the current new car market, there are other options out there if you're willing to be flexible.

Last edited:

213374U

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si; 2000 Land Xruiser
Markup on mine was a package the dealership throws on which covers the battery and keyfob for life, along with the first year or two of maintenance, for ~$1500. MSRP + that +TTL and delivery, I was out the door just under $35K.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Only 1 dealer I could find that would sell for MSRP plus tint in Phoenix. I did have dealers I contacted before that trying to suck me off to come buy their overpriced Si after I had already done my deal and I LOLed at them.
Sponsored