• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does any1 feel Honda will finally listen, and the 11th gen Si will be a huge improvement power wise?

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Whats this obsession with coupes, I dont get it? Sure most of them look better than Sedans but you're paying the same money for less trunk space, interior space, harder egress and ingress etc. Are looks more important than the things I mentioned? Please fill me in..
Yes mostly looks. I want a car that’s as sporty and small as possible without getting too uncomfortable(ie Miata), and a coupe fits that nicely. Also it’s my personal fun car to take out at my leasure, and with it I don’t want or require trunk or passenger space. I still consider the Si coupe having too much useless space for my needs, such as the back seats. The family has other larger cars for Costco and people hauling
Sponsored

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
that shits unbelievable. when i was a teenager (90s) every teenager coulnnt wait to get their license and drive. it was like the key to freedom.

of course that was a much different (better) time to live in. up to the early 2000s. i miss those years like crazy and what life was like back then *tear*
We also had games like the original Gran Turismo that for me at least further ignited my passion for cars also.

Also everything is way more expensive nowadays, houses, cars, etc...but hey good credit/bad credit someone will sign you loan lol

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
Yes mostly looks. I want a car that’s as sporty and small as possible without getting too uncomfortable(ie Miata), and a coupe fits that nicely. Also it’s my personal fun car to take out at my leasure, and with it I don’t want or require trunk or passenger space. I still consider the Si coupe having too much useless space for my needs, such as the back seats. The family has other larger cars for Costco and people hauling
I feel the same way. We have a large sedan (Malibu) for when we need to carry stuff or people. I had zero requirements for passenger or cargo space, and I could have done with much less than the coupe offers.

I regularly think about what it would be like if they focused even more on styling instead of maximizing interior space in the coupe.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
I feel the same way. We have a large sedan (Malibu) for when we need to carry stuff or people. I had zero requirements for passenger or cargo space, and I could have done with much less than the coupe offers.

I regularly think about what it would be like if they focused even more on styling instead of maximizing interior space in the coupe.
Haha me too. I’m always thinking a few inches could be taken out of the rear overhang behind wheels and rear seat legroom. The roof would then sweep back earlier, plus bonus would have a lighter car.
But, I have no complaints, as it’s a beautiful car as is :)

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Personally, the coupe looks like a sports car and feels like one from the drivers seat imo. The sedan just looks like well, a sedan. My children are 18 and 15 and I have no need for 4 doors nor a huge trunk. Almost a year now and have not regretted it one time and to this day, I’m so happy I got the coupe every time I park it and walk away and every time I walk up to get in. It looks and feels like a sports car which is what I wanted. Something I just don’t get at all from the sedan. With that being said, my 2 previous Si’s were sedans.

Oh, and how it looks does matter- of course it does.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
I didn't read the other posts but will add my 2 cents on the original topic...

Honda is in a bit of a conundrum in that they don't have an efficient powertrain to address the 220-240 HP range. It's almost guaranteed that they won't go backwards in the Si's fuel economy numbers. And it would be very difficult to get the 1.5T's fuel efficiency in the 2.0T.

I think they'll further tweak the 1.5T for another 7-10 HP. It's a good motor but needs a little more breathing capacity up top to give it some real character. If Honda adds variable lift and pairs with a slightly larger turbo, I could see that happening.

Regardless, I think the 2021 ILX will tell us a lot of what's to come...

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Ehh I’m expecting more of the Typical Honda upgrade cycle. AKA Honda will keep making the same car while the competition surpasses it.

Last edited:

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
yeah i forgot about the 86. nice car, rwd, but way slow. too much money for how slow it is. i know power isnt everything but its still something. while its nice and small and light i still am not totally in love with its looks.
I agree that it is too slow for it's price tag, but if you can find a 1-2 year old slightly used one, I believe it is well worth the money.

golfer883

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I am okay with 210-215hp, but that is if they add 100lbs to the overall weight. I don't see them putting in a detuned Accord engine into the SI for under $28k. Might compete with the Golf GTI, but really that is the only car that is beating the SI, but the SI beats it by a couple $1000. Now that the Focus ST is gone, the 205hp 10th gen SI is probably the best performance FWD car for under $25k.
I don’t think they will ever increase the hp much from where it’s at, look at its history. They like to keep the price low.

Have to remember though, gti came out few years before current si. The next gen gti is suppose to be 250hp

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
I don’t think they will ever increase the hp much from where it’s at, look at its history. They like to keep the price low.

Have to remember though, gti came out few years before current si. The next gen gti is suppose to be 250hp
the 7th gen si to the 8th gen si was a significant bump in hp.

the current gti is already slightly faster than the 10g si because of the torque.. but thats the only advantage it has over the si.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
I agree that it is too slow for it's price tag, but if you can find a 1-2 year old slightly used one, I believe it is well worth the money.
i would never buy a used 86/brz as you know the person who owned it before trading it in abused the hell out of it.

golfer883

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
the 7th gen si to the 8th gen si was a significant bump in hp.

the current gti is already slightly faster than the 10g si because of the torque.. but thats the only advantage it has over the si.
More than just torque, gti with premium fuel has 228hp and 258 torque, according to their website and this car is outdated, debuting in 2014 for model year 2015.

New gen si has 205 hp and 192 torque and was just released.

If they were going to increase hp on si, they would of done it on the generation they just released. It’s going to be really behind the gti when the new one is released soon.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
i would never buy a used 86/brz as you know the person who owned it before trading it in abused the hell out of it.
No risk, no reward. It's just like tuning your vehicle and hoping that nothing goes wrong with your engine or clutch.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
I drove a 2014 FRS with a slush box trans a couple of months ago and it didn’t feel slow to me. I was surprised based on the torque numbers. A performance pack BRZ with manual trans would be plenty of fun. Of course it costs $30k and I wonder if Subaru/Toyota will spend the money on a redesign for a dedicated platform. I doubt it.
Sponsored