• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I HOPE HONDA HEARS THIS ABOUT FL5 PRICING!

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
This:
1. Someone may genuinely need a car. Nobody needs an FL5. They just want an FL5. If they overpay for it, that is on them. Period.
2. MSRP literally stands for Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price.

That said, I hope you find your FL5 at a price that works for you and it provides you with years of fun and faithful service. Or you can do what I did - I paid the full original MSRP for an '18 FK8 purchased in 2020. No regrets.
Sponsored

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Are you upset used FK8ā€™s sell for over their original MSRP? Stop venting about FL5 markups when literally every car is overpriced at the moment. This shit is getting old.
Couldnā€™t agree more with this statement. The car market is just crazy in general, new or used. The way I see it, if it bothers you that much just donā€™t buy it. Period. Stop complaining. Gets old and annoying.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Couldnā€™t agree more with this statement. The car market is just crazy in general, new or used. The way I see it, if it bothers you that much just donā€™t buy it. Period. Stop complaining. Gets old and annoying.
My BMW dealer in NJ sells all their M products from M2-4 all MSRP you just have to order them and itā€™s in the contract dealers definitely can be good and theyā€™re not every car itā€™s just Japanese cars where people always overpay

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
My BMW dealer in NJ sells all their M products from M2-4 all MSRP you just have to order them and itā€™s in the contract dealers definitely can be good and theyā€™re not every car itā€™s just Japanese cars where people always overpay
I work at a Ford dealer and we also honor msrp. The customer has to place a special order and just wait for it to come in. Typically most vehicles take 4-12 months to build. So if the customer waits, when the order arrives they can purchase at msrp. Most people how ever don't want to wait and rather drive it now vs later and will pay over msrp. The thing with this type r is that I personally couldn't get it special ordered. Not sure who could. Nor do I know if the dealer would honor msrp if it was special ordered. So yeah, that's my input on what I have seen on both sides.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yep. Regular, non-niche, vehicles can be ordered and MSRP honored. Iā€™ve seen this at the local GM dealership. Want a brand new Denali truck at MSRP and willing to wait for it to be built and delivered? No prob! Type R and even the Si are niche, limited production, vehicles (especially the Type R). One can probably go get a normal Civic with automatic trans at MSRP. I havenā€™t checked, but thereā€™s no way theyā€™re selling regular Civics at $5k+ ADM. A year or so ago that was a problem, but I doubt it to be the case anymore.

evped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic EXL
Yep. Regular, non-niche, vehicles can be ordered and MSRP honored. Iā€™ve seen this at the local GM dealership. Want a brand new Denali truck at MSRP and willing to wait for it to be built and delivered? No prob! Type R and even the Si are niche, limited production, vehicles (especially the Type R). One can probably go get a normal Civic with automatic trans at MSRP. I havenā€™t checked, but thereā€™s no way theyā€™re selling regular Civics at $5k+ ADM. A year or so ago that was a problem, but I doubt it to be the case anymore.
Sport Touring Civics are hard to come by at MSRP.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, itā€™s probably a YMMV thing with Honda and other brands depending on where you live. Supply vs demand as always. But whatā€™s the avg ADM seen on a Sport Touring? I still doubt itā€™s $5k+ across the US. For awhile there, virtually all new vehicles had ADM. I have to think this has settled down some, though admittedly, my experience and research is limitedā€¦as I only really care about the prices of vehicles Iā€™m interested in buying or if Iā€™m helping family with vehicle price research. šŸ˜„
Sponsored