• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Integra exhaust

me_kden

First Name
Kaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I was watching the recent savageese video on the new integra type s. It seems like if I were to remove the front chamber on my FL5 it’d essentially sound the same as the integra?
11th Gen Honda Civic Integra exhaust IMG_1329
Sponsored

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I was watching the recent savageese video on the new integra type s. It seems like if I were to remove the front chamber on my FL5 it’d essentially sound the same as the integra?
IMG_1329.jpeg
Saw this as well. You should honestly just ask him.

Idk if it would be the exact same but it'd be pretty similar, since I think the muffler design is different and I think the valve is still programmed to open up at high RPM in +R mode. From the sound clips I saw of the resonator delete, it does sound pretty close to what the Acura Type S sounds, although I haven't herd them both in person.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, Car and Driver noted that the Type S does not have the front resonator, but didn’t provide further details about how the ITS gets its sound.

Apparently the reason the FL5 has such a tame exhaust sound has to do with strict laws and regulations some countries have (keeping in mind it is a global car). The ITS is NA only. We don’t have such strict sound pollution laws here…and so the ITS sounds more aggressive out of the box.

Last edited:

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
IMG_1329.jpeg
Holy crap... you and I think alike. I was going to post the same exact still image from that video to ask what you asked.

It's interesting that the ITS doesn't have the front resonator, while pretty much all of the people in the forum here that perform a resonator delete on the FL5 remove the larger resonator in the middle. I'm not sure if anyone has only removed the front resonator on the FL5.

OP
OP
me_kden

me_kden

First Name
Kaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Holy crap... you and I think alike. I was going to post the same exact still image from that video to ask what you asked.

It's interesting that the ITS doesn't have the front resonator, while pretty much all of the people in the forum here that perform a resonator delete on the FL5 remove the larger resonator in the middle. I'm not sure if anyone has only removed the front resonator on the FL5.
I desperately want to make this car sounds how it deserves. But love the look of the stock exhaust, hoping somebody knows the answer to this 😅

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
The engine calibration is quite a bit different in Sport+ so the resonator delete probably won't make that big of a difference.

I'm sure Hondata will figure out how to accomplish this but it might not be tied to the modes. This could be why there is no "Engine Sound" setting on the ITS since it's tied to the actual calibration in that mode and not just a valve/piped in noise like the Type R.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Definitely has to be the way it's tuned along with the resonator delete. But I still like those equal exhaust tips....

11th Gen Honda Civic Integra exhaust spongebob-ice

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Thestraightpipe mentioned that in addition to resonatoe delete, a tune was added for pops and burbles, which doesn't happen when car is stationary in neutral. That's not everyone's cup of tea so resonator delete would be a pretty cheap mod for some happiness for the ears.

OP
OP
me_kden

me_kden

First Name
Kaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Thestraightpipe mentioned that in addition to resonatoe delete, a tune was added for pops and burbles, which doesn't happen when car is stationary in neutral. That's not everyone's cup of tea so resonator delete would be a pretty cheap mod for some happiness for the ears.
Good to hear, I may try and go to a shop sometime in the very near future and get this done, does anyone know a good shop in the northern Detroit area?

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Good to hear, I may try and go to a shop sometime in the very near future and get this done, does anyone know a good shop in the northern Detroit area?
I'd be careful of doing a resonator delete unless you can find some good companies that sell resonators. Idk any right now because im new to the CTR scene. You don't really want to use a straight pipe as a resonator, especially since these cars are 4 cylinder engines it'll make it sound way too raspy.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Looks like there's more to it. +30 lbft at 2k-3k rpm and +15hp peak compared to FL5. That's a lot more than +5hp in the specs. I'm sure this also adds to a bit of that exhaust note.