• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Drawing inspiration from @Tuxedo Mask and his unfortunate incident here...something very similar happened to me last night.

While he lasted 3,500 miles, I only lasted a whopping 179...😭😭😭

Just like in his case, a driver ran a red light and hit me. Fortunately, nobody was hurt, and the other party admitted fault and that was recorded in the police report. I was approaching an intersection when an oncoming car suddenly decided to make a left turn. Not sure how that happened, since he had a red arrow. I slammed on my brakes and actually very nearly avoided the accident (the CTR brakes are amazing - when I first saw the car turning into the intersection, I thought it was going to be a very nasty high speed collision, but I was able to get down to about 20-30 MPH before the collision and turn a bit sideways to avoid a head-on hit).

Air bags did NOT go off and the damage appears contained to the front bumper and headlights, so hopefully not too bad of a fix.

But I think I have the sadder backstory: I purchased my car about a month ago, and drove it straight from the dealership to the shop to get tinted windows and PPF. Due to a variety of delays from COVID and staff shortages, it took them a full month to complete the work. So I finally picked up my car yesterday, and took it out at night to celebrate and get acquainted with it....and got hit almost immediately. Back to another tortuous wait as I wait for the body shop to do the repair and for insurance to sort everything out, sigh...

11th Gen Honda Civic It was fun while it lasted... (AGAIN). Another FL5 red light accident 20230425_002527

11th Gen Honda Civic It was fun while it lasted... (AGAIN). Another FL5 red light accident 20230425_002536

11th Gen Honda Civic It was fun while it lasted... (AGAIN). Another FL5 red light accident 20230425_002545

11th Gen Honda Civic It was fun while it lasted... (AGAIN). Another FL5 red light accident 20230425_002555

11th Gen Honda Civic It was fun while it lasted... (AGAIN). Another FL5 red light accident 20230425_002558

11th Gen Honda Civic It was fun while it lasted... (AGAIN). Another FL5 red light accident 20230425_002607
Sponsored

Last edited:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Glad it wasn’t worse and looks like the car should be a pretty easy fix. When I drive my car I’m watching EVERYONE super carefully. People are awful/crazy drivers where I live.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Know a guy that had his Charger hit 11 times until it was finally totaled. He bought it back as a salvage fixed it up and then the ball joint failed and caused him to hit a curb which was the final nail.

SPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic EX
Man that is painfully unlucky sorry that it happened. Mine arrived at the dealership with transit damage to the front bumper in mid March and parts are expected to arrive late May, just to give you an estimated wait time. Hopefully it's a quicker fix than that for you🤞

OP
OP
ScumbagRob

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Man… will the detailer apply new PPF at a discounted rate since you literally just had it installed?
My detailer is awesome and already gave me big discounts since I'm a repeat customer.

Since I'm not at fault and the other driver's insurance company is covering all repair costs, I told my detailer to invoice them the standard (undiscounted) amount for the new PPF 😛

ChiroCale

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Ridgeline
Drawing inspiration from @Tuxedo Mask and his unfortunate incident here...something very similar happened to me last night.

Just like in his case, a driver ran a red light and hit me. Fortunately, nobody was hurt, and the other party admitted fault and that was recorded in the police report. I was approaching an intersection when an oncoming car suddenly decided to make a left turn. Not sure how that happened, since he had a red arrow. I slammed on my brakes and actually very nearly avoided the accident (the CTR brakes are amazing - when I first saw the car turning into the intersection, I thought it was going to be a very nasty high speed collision, but I was able to get down to about 20-30 MPH before the collision and turn a bit sideways to avoid a head-on hit).

Air bags did NOT go off and the damage appears contained to the front bumper and headlights, so hopefully not too bad of a fix.

But I think I have the sadder backstory: I purchased my car about a month ago, and drove it straight from the dealership to the shop to get tinted windows and PPF. Due to a variety of delays from COVID and staff shortages, it took them a full month to complete the work. So I finally picked up my car yesterday, and took it out at night to celebrate and get acquainted with it....and got hit almost immediately. Back to another tortuous wait as I wait for the body shop to do the repair and for insurance to sort everything out, sigh...

20230425_002527.jpg

20230425_002536.jpg

20230425_002545.jpg

20230425_002555.jpg

20230425_002558.jpg

20230425_002607.jpg
Shitty man! Sorry :(

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Ain’t no way bro. I can’t stand shitty drivers.. good thing those brakes rock. I guess it could have been worse. Good to hear that you’re fine. Though being hit sucks, it was “light” damage.. with it being a person running a red light and all.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c

20230425_002527.jpg

20230425_002536.jpg

20230425_002545.jpg

20230425_002555.jpg

20230425_002558.jpg

20230425_002607.jpg
It's always seems that it's always the other person fault in these senerios .......sucks to be you.

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I’m sorry that had to happen to you.. I’m glad you’re alright and it wasn’t as bad as what it could have been due to your quick thinking. I drive my CTR very carefully and rarely due to this, i’m watching everyone closely lol. Sending my prayers 🙏🏼❤

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Glad you are safe. Honestly driving these cars around are very sketchy right now since there is a recall/stopsale for the driver seat and currently no fix.

Really don't want to see anyone get seriously hurt because of it. Its on my mind whenever I drive.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, FK8 2021
Someone turned into my fk8 back in january. did not use the blinker nor check the blind spot.
shitty drivers everywhere.

Glad it seems to be purely cosmetic though! hope you get to drive it soon. FL5 looks so much better in person.
Sponsored