• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MSRP Only Dealerships For 2023 Civic Type R

cerberus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
How much of a long shot will it be to find a 23 CTR at MSRP? I don’t mind driving a long distance to pick one up.

I am in North Carolina and plan to start calling dealerships in the state if they sell at MSRP. Is this a waste of time or is there a decent chance to find one?

Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Getting in this late? Good luck

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
How much of a long shot will it be to find a 23 CTR at MSRP? I don’t mind driving a long distance to pick one up.

I am in North Carolina and plan to start calling dealerships in the state if they sell at MSRP. Is this a waste of time or is there a decent chance to find one?

Thanks for any advice!
probably not the first year. Better luck next summer fall when we're in the mist of one of the biggest financial slow downs.

WattUpD

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S

Thanks for any advice!
Unless you work at the dealership or know the GM personally I doubt it since everyone else is also looking for MSRP across the states. I called over 20 dealers in Nor and So Cal area offering $5k ADM over MSRP none of them are willing to negotiate they are firm on their markup 10k lowest for majority of the dealers, 12k for couple, 1 wanted 15k 3 of them wanted 20k and 30k for 1 in the Bay Area. GL in your search tho

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Unless you work at the dealership or know the GM personally I doubt it since everyone else is also looking for MSRP across the states. I called over 20 dealers in Nor and So Cal area offering $5k ADM over MSRP none of them are willing to negotiate they are firm on their markup 10k lowest for majority of the dealers, 12k for couple, 1 wanted 15k 3 of them wanted 20k and 30k for 1 in the Bay Area. GL in your search tho
wouldn't even bother looking for one in Cali. Go to some obscure small town in a fly over state.

cerberus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Thanks for the reality check guys!

If I’m willing to wait for a 2024, what is the best way to find an MSRP dealer and getting on their list now for a following year allocation?

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit

If I’m willing to wait for a 2024, what is the best way to find an MSRP dealer and getting on their list now for a following year allocation?
Wait until unemployment rate picks up and economy in full recession, you should be able to pick one up for MSRP with ease. But exact timing is anyone’s guess. Just watch the news, especially regarding US car sales from quarter to quarter. Good luck.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Wait until unemployment rate picks up and economy in full recession, you should be able to pick one up for MSRP with ease. But exact timing is anyone’s guess. Just watch the news, especially regarding US car sales from quarter to quarter. Good luck.
There are double digit up ticks on repos, cars are not getting sold at auctions and interest rates are spiking on all loans. Banks will start tightening standards, I just don't see them loaning 120% value of the car.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150

Personally what I did was just Google " all honda dealers in [insert state here]". Dealrater.com popped up and I just went to each dealers website individually, created a copy pasta message and went to the 'leave a message for us and we'll get back to you' portion of each page. Make sute your info is right and hit submit.

I contacted roughly over 200 dealers in about 3 days using that method (you could easily do that in one day). What will end up happening is you'll start getting calls/messages/emails. Have conversations with each dealer on an individual level. Tell them what you're looking for and make sure they know they do not need to explain anything to you about the CTR as they are probably tired of explaining to everyone else. Then proceed to ask each 3 specific questions.

1. Does your dealer have a running list?
2. If so, do you require a deposit to be on the list (convo might last a minute on this question.) if they do make sure they deal with out of state, so everything under the sun is clear. Dealers do not deal OOS
3. Ask them what their mark up is. If they say they don't know maybe ask about markups they do on the Si or 10th gen type r. That'll possibly give you an idea of where they might sit.

After all that, if the stars align then you might have an opportunity to put a deposit down. Whatever you do, be 100% sure you get any verbal deal in writing or email. While that still might not 100% guarantee your position or payment, it's the most solid way of finalizing your deal. However most dealers will tell you they have no info and will call you back when they do.

Hopefully, you can find something, but I'm sure it will be difficult. Of the 200 I contacted only 2 had any reasonable reality of me putting a deposit down for a markup I'm comfortable with. One did put me down for no deposit but im not holding my breath. The higher youre willing to pay. The better the chances.

Good luck buddy

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
My dealer has this on their email signature, I'm definitely going to leverage this hard even though I signed up for $5k over...

1663563644007.png
Get ready for +20k in accessories. Heard that bumper oplique is selling at a $10k premium.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Get ready for +20k in accessories. Heard that bumper oplique is selling at a $10k premium.
lol, I bought my Si at MSRP with them last year and am locked in writing at $5k over right now. I’m thinking I’ll get them to let me buy that amount in accessories and warranty and what not, especially since I’ll be trading an Si w 5-6k miles… but who really knows at this point?!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'll try and get some info for you all from Hamilton Honda in NJ, got my FK8 there new for $500 over MSRP
Lol! $500 dollars. At what point are you just charging over MSRP just to make people hate you.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Lol! $500 dollars. At what point are you just charging over MSRP just to make people hate you.
Not to mention he overpaid by a mile during the 2020 depression. You could’ve gotten an FL5 pre-order for under MSRP and signed by the CEO of Honda during that time.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (Sonic Grey Pearl)
Not to mention he overpaid by a mile during the 2020 depression. You could’ve gotten an FL5 pre-order for under MSRP and signed by the CEO of Honda during that time.
How did I overpay? i was fine paying the $500 over since most of the prices around me were thousands over.
Sponsored