• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Whats the ADM looking like nowaday now that its tax season? Still cannot find a CW or RR at MSRP.
Good news and bad news--you're looking for the most common color (CW), and the least common (RR). As far as deals at or close to MSRP, they're out there, but not easy to find. If you're not finding them, I'd increase your search radius.

Edit: For what it's worth, there's a Certified Used model near Cleveland in Championship White with 235 miles for $48,755: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...Code=CIVIC|Type R&zip=43081&clickType=listing

For anyone planning to eat ADM, this is a markup that does actually get you something--Honda's Certified Used warranty is GREAT. That said, it's technically used. Tradeoffs are everywhere.

Last edited:

I used to vtec

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic SI
I agree it's ADM and FYI I don't justify it but since they've already done it you can't ask for it to be removed. I would much prefer to apply something of my choice but it's the games that are being played. Most of the dealers I spoke with were adding ALL of the accessories on top of a 5 to 10k markup. Ridiculous
Just for future reference, if you have the leverage, you can absolutely decline something already put on the car and the dealer may eat it. Particularly spray-on BS like this because the cost of it is 95% profit and they would lose very little if you refused to pay for it. Even doc fees are negotiable. It's all a game and all that matters is the final number. However they get there is irrelevant.

JPoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CTR '23 GR Morizo
Just for future reference, if you have the leverage, you can absolutely decline something already put on the car and the dealer may eat it. Particularly spray-on BS like this because the cost of it is 95% profit and they would lose very little if you refused to pay for it. Even doc fees are negotiable. It's all a game and all that matters is the final number. However they get there is irrelevant.
Thanks! I had already negotiated 5k off. My OTD with tax was 2k more than if I paid MSRP so I don't feel bad about it. Plus I paid cash.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I love how some folks here who paid an ADM and are also endorsing "their" salesperson who is again charging ADM. ADM salespeople are not friends. A few months ago, that may be the only game in town. But hang in there for the eventual MSRP deal during the spring/summer. There is just a lot of inventory on the ground and coming in.
People endorse or refer for the pleasant transaction despite the ADM. Not because they made a friend. Everyone negotiates differently and come from different circumstances. Same sales person doesn’t mean the same deal. At the very least the person is good to deal with.

UclaGuy

First Name
Webster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Ioniq 5
Based on relative inventory, now is a significantly better time to buy vs July. There is easily well over the July number of 400 in inventory. There are at least 600 new CTRs available on dealer lots (50% increase in 6 months) not to mention the in transit units. Another thread debating accuracy is moot, it’s all relative, and inventory is unquestionably better now vs July
Why is inventory better now than in July?

Will less vehicles be shipped to the US as the year goes by?

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USA-367, 2011 Civic Si
Why is inventory better now than in July?

Will less vehicles be shipped to the US as the year goes by?
The inventory is better now for a few reasons but I think a major explanation is because production has clearly ramped up. They are up to nearly 20k global units shipped since releasing the 2023 model year, and we're only in the second model year of the 11th gen with many months of production still to go on the 2024 units. To put it in perspective, it wasn't until the third model year that Honda achieved this amount of global units on the FK8.

Another thing that is worth noting, this Bring a Trailer auction for a brand new, dealer-listed 2024 CTR failed to reach MSRP:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2024-honda-civic-type-r/

This is an incredible sign of where the market is pricing these vehicles at, especially for those willing to pay for a non-local market unit and buy out of town or out of state.

Not even a year ago, folks were paying to have these cars shipped from out of state or were driving out of state to obtain a new CTR for $10k over MSRP, case and point:

If you are in the market for a brand new CTR, there has literally never been a better time to buy than right now going back to 2017

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USA-367, 2011 Civic Si

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
The BAT car with fees added would be $49k. Fee is $5k on top of bid price I believe.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Thanks for clarifying fees CK.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
This is an incredible sign of where the market is pricing these vehicles at, especially for those willing to pay for a non-local market unit and buy out of town or out of state.
Take BaT results with a grain of salt--it's an indicator of where the BaT market is, not necessarily the market as a whole. Vastly more FL5's have sold above MSRP through dealerships than BaT, and BaT is going to attract a slightly different consumer altogether given the risks and costs involved.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
I’m so happy for the enthusiasts that prices are coming down. Would love to get one used for my kids when they’re driving age.
Sponsored