• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USA-367, 2011 Civic Si
Take BaT results with a grain of salt--it's an indicator of where the BaT market is, not necessarily the market as a whole. Vastly more FL5's have sold above MSRP through dealerships than BaT, and BaT is going to attract a slightly different consumer altogether given the risks and costs involved.
this BaT listing was through a Honda dealer, brand new, never titled. There was no difference from buying on this auction vs. buying in person...except that it wasn't bid to the reserve price. Zero risk from a buying perspective...except not seeing it in person, which people have been doing all along (buying out of town, out of state, etc.).

edit:
here's the dealer link for the same car as the VIN from the auction https://www.leadcarhondayorkville.c...c+Type+R-7fef92d30a0e083279169cf012068752.htm

Point being, this was a dealer auctioned car, which comes with the security of buying from a dealer
Sponsored

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus ES350 / 24 CBP Type R R-19500
I got my msrp type r no add ons! If you’re close to Cincinnati oh, look up Honda East! Ask for Brady. They got a boost blue coming in!

UclaGuy

First Name
Webster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Ioniq 5
Whats the ADM looking like nowaday now that its tax season? Still cannot find a CW or RR at MSRP.
Lowest I could find for RR in cali was $5k adm and they both sold(Fremont and Pasadena).

Only options for RR in cali are San Diego and Moreno Valley. Mo Val seemed like a pain in the ass to deal with. Intially quoted $20k over or something ridiculous but I suspect they’ll come down but I honestly didn't have the energy to deal with stupid games.

JCZ5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 GT4, 992 Targa 4 GTS
Is Honda purposely decreasing production for RR? I know RR is not a popular color to start off with. But the production comparison is significant between RR and the remaining colors

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus ES350 / 24 CBP Type R R-19500
Is Honda purposely decreasing production for RR? I know RR is not a popular color to start off with. But the production comparison is significant between RR and the remaining colors
Red isn't popular in Japan, just not a color that's desirable there. They don't have a lot of red cars in production for this reason

Racer9

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RR FL5
Boost Blue (JHMFL5G44RX001680) just arrived at Boyd Honda in Oxford NC. Contact Seamon Rice 252-767-3021 cell for a fair deal. I recently purchased a Rallye Red at $3k ADM (from $5K) and negotiated an extra $2K more for my Si trade in, so net is like $1k above MSRP, with no add-ons. You may get an even better deal.

TVMADoc

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2003) S2000, (2011) e90 M3.
Starting the process of shopping for a Type R, but about half of my local dealers show the car as "Your price" (followed by MSRP), only to drop the "market adjustment" upon you when you arrive at the dealer.

This is illegal in CA, so I've started the process of reporting it to the AG, local DA's office and DMV (who purportedly is responsible for sanctioning dealers). The law actually states that people who didn't even see the ad who got charged more than the car's advertised price are able to file for criminal charges and possible compensation.

The other half of dealers around me are rather unethical, but stay within the letter of the law by advertising as "MSRP" or "Call for today's price". The ones that are trying to get an unfair advantage over their competition are the ones that are currently irritating me enough to see if I can make their commercial lives a bit uncomfortable.

I'd recommend that anyone who bought a vehicle with a mark up, but sees that their dealer is advertising it as "your price" at MSRP look into filing a criminal complaint if in CA or if your state has a similar law.

https://www.thelemonlawcalifornia.com/car-dealer-fraud/selling-cars-for-more-than-advertised-prices/
Under California Vehicle Code section 11713.1(e), when car dealers publish advertisements for cars and trucks, and those ads include asking prices, then the dealers are prohibited from selling the advertised vehicles for more than their advertised prices, unless the ads specifically list expiration dates that have passed. Further, Section 260.04(b) of the regulations promulgated by California’s Department of Motor Vehicles further mandates that advertised vehicles “must be sold at or below the advertised price irrespective of whether or not the advertised price has been communicated to the purchaser.”

This unethical and illegal behavior must be stopped. Several local dealers are clearly doing this, thinking that a little disclaimer that "All cars have a Honda accessory package valued from $375 to $7995" is a cover. That would suggest to most viewing the ad that this package is thrown in as a bonus by the dealer, and the "your price" wasn't adjusted...

We'll see what the local DA and state AG say about it. I'll keep you apprised.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
They aren't purposefully decreasing production; Honda uses market data to determine color distribution and allocation. Red is the slowest selling color for every single Honda model currently on sale.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Starting the process of shopping for a Type R, but about half of my local dealers show the car as "Your price" (followed by MSRP), only to drop the "market adjustment" upon you when you arrive at the dealer.

This is illegal in CA, so I've started the process of reporting it to the AG, local DA's office and DMV (who purportedly is responsible for sanctioning dealers). The law actually states that people who didn't even see the ad who got charged more than the car's advertised price are able to file for criminal charges and possible compensation.

The other half of dealers around me are rather unethical, but stay within the letter of the law by advertising as "MSRP" or "Call for today's price". The ones that are trying to get an unfair advantage over their competition are the ones that are currently irritating me enough to see if I can make their commercial lives a bit uncomfortable.

I'd recommend that anyone who bought a vehicle with a mark up, but sees that their dealer is advertising it as "your price" at MSRP look into filing a criminal complaint if in CA or if your state has a similar law.

https://www.thelemonlawcalifornia.com/car-dealer-fraud/selling-cars-for-more-than-advertised-prices/
Under California Vehicle Code section 11713.1(e), when car dealers publish advertisements for cars and trucks, and those ads include asking prices, then the dealers are prohibited from selling the advertised vehicles for more than their advertised prices, unless the ads specifically list expiration dates that have passed. Further, Section 260.04(b) of the regulations promulgated by California’s Department of Motor Vehicles further mandates that advertised vehicles “must be sold at or below the advertised price irrespective of whether or not the advertised price has been communicated to the purchaser.”

This unethical and illegal behavior must be stopped. Several local dealers are clearly doing this, thinking that a little disclaimer that "All cars have a Honda accessory package valued from $375 to $7995" is a cover. That would suggest to most viewing the ad that this package is thrown in as a bonus by the dealer, and the "your price" wasn't adjusted...

We'll see what the local DA and state AG say about it. I'll keep you apprised.
Good luck. I think you'll have a better time explaining to a dealer that doesn't have accessories on their car or some crazy package that they should honor the price online because of that law.

I'm not a California dealer, but I am part of a group that shares information about dealer operations, and California dealers are consistently at the top.

Xian

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y Performance, Lotus Elise
Keeler Honda in NY has a new 2023 CW FL5 for MSRP no adds or accessories!
I reached out to them today and it’s already been sold. They’ve got a couple of 24’s but have ~$3k in ADM/markup plus fees.
Sponsored