• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
So the Carsandbids auction ended at 49k bid. Didn't meet the reserve, not surprising. People are celebrating this as a win and ADM's are going down. Not sure how they equate that.

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
So the Carsandbids auction ended at 49k bid. Didn't meet the reserve, not surprising. People are celebrating this as a win and ADM's are going down. Not sure how they equate that.

It is a win. Like the GR Corolla guy. They both failed to try and flip a car that isn't worth what the "market" thinks they're worth. ADMs won't go down much. The cars will just sit a little bit longer in the showrooms.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Making some calls today and fun things:
  • ADMs are definitely coming down some, but most places are still asking 10k or above. 6-8k seems like the "good deal" sweet spot at the moment.
  • Florida dealers are just... not picking up their phones. The only dealers I've called today where the sales department just let the phone ring were three different ones in Florida.
  • Some dealers are still saying that deposits on "non-refundable" which, last time I checked, isn't legal in Georgia. Anyone else dealing with this?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Making some calls today and fun things:
  • ADMs are definitely coming down some, but most places are still asking 10k or above. 6-8k seems like the "good deal" sweet spot at the moment.
  • Florida dealers are just... not picking up their phones. The only dealers I've called today where the sales department just let the phone ring were three different ones in Florida.
  • Some dealers are still saying that deposits on "non-refundable" which, last time I checked, isn't legal in Georgia. Anyone else dealing with this?
I've been told by several dealers around the country claim the deposit is non-refundable. I immediately move on from those dealers. Why is it non-refundable? What if you never get me a car? I just give you money, just because? Nah, I'll pass. Candidly, not sure why deposits are even taken. It's an administrative burden for the dealership maintaining a list of 30 people, with deposits taking payment information, emailing or printing receipts, issuing refunds, etc. It's not like a customer placing a $500 deposits makes them more likely to buy the car when their number is called.

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I've been told by several dealers around the country claim the deposit is non-refundable. I immediately move on from those dealers. Why is it non-refundable? What if you never get me a car? I just give you money, just because? Nah, I'll pass. Candidly, not sure why deposits are even taken. It's an administrative burden for the dealership maintaining a list of 30 people, with deposits taking payment information, emailing or printing receipts, issuing refunds, etc. It's not like a customer placing a $500 deposits makes them more likely to buy the car when their number is called.
The instance today was that the Type R is in transit, no buyer yet and the price was decent so they asked me if I wanted to put down 1K to reserve it. Which normally, sure! But how are you going to lock me into something non-refundable before I get paperwork that confirms the price, that they're not gonna try adding accessories to it, that they'll give me a fair trade-in value, etc?

menikmati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX STI, BRZ, FL5
The instance today was that the Type R is in transit, no buyer yet and the price was decent so they asked me if I wanted to put down 1K to reserve it. Which normally, sure! But how are you going to lock me into something non-refundable before I get paperwork that confirms the price, that they're not gonna try adding accessories to it, that they'll give me a fair trade-in value, etc?
I was in talks with a dealer in Columbus, GA that had a $1k non-refundable deposit, coincidence?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Yeah, hard pass. Looks like they were trying to get you.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit