• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

Iamblue03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
Thanks, my deal’s adm is below 5k, and driving 8 hrs is worth it for me. No one in Houston is offering below 7k adm(long waitlist) and dealers here are tough to deal with.
Sponsored

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I got lucky with a $5k ADM only 2.5 hours away. When I picked my car up they actually told me they seriously thought about charging more ADM once they realized how much dealers around them were charging but I had locked them in at $5k and they wanted to honor that. It's wild out there.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Thanks, my deal’s adm is below 5k, and driving 8 hrs is worth it for me. No one in Houston is offering below 7k adm(long waitlist) and dealers here are tough to deal with.
That’s worth it, plus by the time you get back it’ll have some break in miles on it.

ne_typer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BB FL5
Unless you're saving thousands it sounds like a lot of work to me personally. I feel like a "good deal" right now is $5K over so if you can get that and save a trip it's probably a good idea. Getting MSRP seems like a long shot for awhile despite some on this forum thinking it's easy to do.
Kudos to everyone who was able to get a car at MSRP but as of now, I don’t think it’s possible to find one at MSRP this year for your average customer.

I called no less than 25 dealerships yesterday morning, as soon as they opened, regarding cars that showed as newly in-transit that morning. Only two were willing to do $5K over, and of those two, only one would take a deposit ahead of the vehicle arriving. I secured that car, but if I wasn’t willing to pay $5K over, my next option was most likely to get on a list and wait for next year.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Kudos to everyone who was able to get a car at MSRP but as of now, I don’t think it’s possible to find one at MSRP this year for your average customer.

I called no less than 25 dealerships yesterday morning, as soon as they opened, regarding cars that showed as newly in-transit that morning. Only two were willing to do $5K over, and of those two, only one would take a deposit ahead of the vehicle arriving. I secured that car, but if I wasn’t willing to pay $5K over, my next option was most likely to get on a list and wait for next year.
All msrp are booked for 3-5 years out.

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot
I’m first in line at my local dealer in Wisconsin for MSRP. Started sweating them March of last year and they finally allowed me to put a deposit down last June, been waiting ever since for the car. I believe their list has grown to 5/6 now.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I have been calling all over the country and got waitlisted a few places for +$5k. No one I talked to was willing to sell "today" for under $10k. With so many dealerships I'm sure there are one or two out there, folks have posted their scores, but I haven't had too much luck.

DNG's map is super helpful since folks have populated some of the markup/sold data.

I should have news Monday though.

I used to vtec

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic SI
I keep seeing people referencing MSRP dealers but no one ever actually specifies which ones... which dealers are committed to MSRP (even for out of state buyers)? I'm willing to wait a few years to pick up a CTR, which would probably be preferable for me rather than getting one now.

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
I keep seeing people referencing MSRP dealers but no one ever actually specifies which ones... which dealers are committed to MSRP (even for out of state buyers)? I'm willing to wait a few years to pick up a CTR, which would probably be preferable for me rather than getting one now.

I'd like to know this as well, I'm fine with waiting for a 24/25/26. Would like to get on a few list to have a chance at a LE in a couple years for MSRP.

3 that I found, and when the times come for a plug in/hybrid/EV pilot or ridgeline they'll be getting my business too.

West Herr Honda of Canandaigua NY, got added to the list but not even sure how many on it.
Manchester Honda CT but would not take a deposit or add me to there list
Curtis Ryan Honda Shelton CT, MSRP but will not add any more to the list

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
At this point reaching out to low mark up dealers and trying to find a deal might not be a bad place to start.

Just need more waves of the car arriving is going to be your best friend.

Finding the MSRP dealer that is willing to take your money or isn't already book up is probably quite difficult. More so than finding an MSRP dealer on its own.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Deals are out there. I was able to get a dealer down to 4500 over msrp with free black mats including trunk mats and seat back protectors. I ultimately decided to pass as I’d like to wait a few more months before purchasing. I’m hopeful as more cars come in these deals will be more common.

Mass

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
Deals are out there. I was able to get a dealer down to 4500 over msrp with free black mats including trunk mats and seat back protectors. I ultimately decided to pass as I’d like to wait a few more months before purchasing. I’m hopeful as more cars come in these deals will be more common.
The dealer I bought my Toyota from has a Type R coming in. I am thinking about offering them MSRP+5k+Tax,title,fees.

Should be about 53k OTD. Bonus if they are generous on my Tacoma trade in which I can sell at Carmax for 32k or Carvana for 33k. Local Toyota dealer offered 34k Trade in for it.

I keep wanting to hesitate because a 5k markup is Integra Type S money. I would like heated seats and a steering wheel.

Iamblue03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
The dealer I bought my Toyota from has a Type R coming in. I am thinking about offering them MSRP+5k+Tax,title,fees.

Should be about 53k OTD. Bonus if they are generous on my Tacoma trade in which I can sell at Carmax for 32k or Carvana for 33k. Local Toyota dealer offered 34k Trade in for it.

I keep wanting to hesitate because a 5k markup is Integra Type S money. I would like heated seats and a steering wheel.
5k mark up for now it a good deal imo…

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
About 5 months later.. looks like we’re going from $10k to $7k adm. We’re making progress. :headbang:

F Honda of Aventura🖕 All my homies hate Honda of Aventura. ($25k+ & smug.. sold)
Sponsored