• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I ended up articulating what he said, just had to read it like 10 times. I'm probably just dumb, thats ok.
I do it because dealers are so full of themselves and think they'll have people lined up begging to pay the 20K over.
Sponsored

NA6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 BRG Miata
Just spoke with a sales manager at Richfield Bloomington Honda. They currently only sell at MSRP, but he did say that the FK8 CTR previously sold at $2k over sticker. Not too bad, but it's still something. Wish they would just MSRP at that point.

OP
OP

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Just spoke with a sales manager at Richfield Bloomington Honda. They currently only sell at MSRP, but he did say that the FK8 CTR previously sold at $2k over sticker. Not too bad, but it's still something. Wish they would just MSRP at that point.
Its likely btw that they just did not have the recent history of volume to garner a first round allocation.[/QUOTE]

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I do it because dealers are so full of themselves and think they'll have people lined up begging to pay the 20K over.
another dealer gave me a call today, 25over. I asked him if he was out of his fcking mind and not so politely asked him to lose my number.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
If you don't take it for $2k over I'll drive over there and get it myself :p

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
If you don't take it for $2k over I'll drive over there and get it myself :p

I'd prob go for the 2K over if they would at least throw in the floor mats, trunk mat and window tint. That'd put it around 1K over in reality and I'd be able to live with that.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
another dealer gave me a call today, 25over. I asked him if he was out of his fcking mind and not so politely asked him to lose my number.

I've been rude or even laughed at some of them yet several have contacted me more than once. Maybe they see it as a challenge to get me to cave or something.

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 MX-5, '96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing
Bach Honda in Norwood MA 10k over.

I guess he really needs the money.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ernie-boch-jr-house-collection-11631811983
Exploiting your customers is the name of the game for most of the exceptionally rich people. The only odd thing here is that he's publishing his wild expenditures. Most of the dealership owners didn't even start their dealerships, they were born into it and will die with it. They usually do coke and bang women 20-years younger than their wives away from the press.

Rmbrady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR BB
Rensselaer Honda in Troy, NY is taking a different approach. They want to make sure they maximize their raping of customers, so instead of giving out a price they are taking and reviewing offers on the car they are getting. I'm tempted to offer $100k and just waist their time for a couple weeks.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Rensselaer Honda in Troy, NY is taking a different approach. They want to make sure they maximize their raping of customers, so instead of giving out a price they are taking and reviewing offers on the car they are getting. I'm tempted to offer $100k and just waist their time for a couple weeks.

I've had some dealers do that so I offer MSRP plus TTT. Then the come back and say, we are starting the bid at 25K over, lol.

todda

2018 Aegean blue CTR 14103
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean blue Type R; 2011 Subaru WRX limited; 2003 Acura RSX-S were previous vehicles
I've been told $20k by 2 dealers in Dallas/Ft. Worth (Honda of Denton, Honda of Grapevine). Consensus for DFW seems to be between $10-20k over.
I find the fact that Honda is now charging $10k more for the FL5 than the MSRP of my 2018 CTR quite laughable. Here is a little perspective. In 2003, I bought my 200 hp RSX-S for about $24k. Fifteen years later, the FK8 came out with 50 % more hp, 100 %+ more torque, and class dominating handling, braking, and technology that the RSX or any car at that time in the price range never had.
Is a few extra hp and torque that may be slightly faster worth 10K? I know the car will sell and still be in great demand, but I just don't see its worth owning the car that I have. Now if you have an Si or GTI or even Toyota 86, well hell yes it is a huge difference, but upgrading to the FL5 is not in the cards for me. Anyone agree with me?
If I am going to spend ~$50k for a car, I would get an S3/4 or M2. Or save $$ and buy the Elantra N which is very well received.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I find the fact that Honda is now charging $10k more for the FL5 than the MSRP of my 2018 CTR quite laughable. Here is a little perspective. In 2003, I bought my 200 hp RSX-S for about $24k. Fifteen years later, the FK8 came out with 50 % more hp, 100 %+ more torque, and class dominating handling, braking, and technology that the RSX or any car at that time in the price range never had.
Is a few extra hp and torque that may be slightly faster worth 10K? I know the car will sell and still be in great demand, but I just don't see its worth owning the car that I have. Now if you have an Si or GTI or even Toyota 86, well hell yes it is a huge difference, but upgrading to the FL5 is not in the cards for me. Anyone agree with me?
If I am going to spend ~$50k for a car, I would get an S3/4 or M2. Or save $$ and buy the Elantra N which is very well received.
That does make sense, but damn I’m trying to find these new $50k M2’s yall keep talking about.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Well to be fair: $35k in 2018 dollars is $41.5k in 2022 dollars, so it's really only a $2,500 increase when adjusting for inflation. Only you can decide if the upgrade is worth it for you. In my mind, the FL is superior in basically every facet, including the most important one for me: looks.

And the MSRP for an M2 is $62k (and that's for a bare bones one), so not sure where you are getting $50k from. Fair point on the Elantra N, though: you could definitely argue that is better value.

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 MX-5, '96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing
That does make sense, but damn I’m trying to find these new $50k M2’s yall keep talking about.
I can't even find MSRP M2s near me. Because there's no M2s at all available around here. And I definitely can't find any M3s. There's a few RS3s around, but they'll be $70k Otd, definitely not $50k
Sponsored