• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
I'm excited to see the videos from you guys. Any plans of doing a comparison between the FL5 and the GR86? I know they seem like opposites to some, but for me, they serve a lot of the same purpose. They just go about it differently. They were also the two main cars I was deciding between, so it's neat to see both are going to be on the channel.
Sponsored

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Amazing, happy to have your hear @savagegeese. What are you planning to do with the FL5? Curious, cause you just got the GR86 as well.
I personally think the car should not be touched. I understand the wheel and tire thing of course. If I decide to keep it long term I will work with Ohlins on a real damper setup (read between lines) also will 100% have to reflash the car to get stability control defeated in in Individual mode. (Can't turn it off except in +R) and also disable fake engine noise.

To expand on other question about markups, they didn't have unlimited budget for this car so there are things they were not able to do. So while it's a very complete car for price they didn't do a mechanical induction solution. They re used same shocks with different profiles, but kept same springs etc. The shocks are nothing compares to ZF units on German offerings. So not worth paying high prices on a car that doesn't deserve it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Yes,
I'm excited to see the videos from you guys. Any plans of doing a comparison between the FL5 and the GR86? I know they seem like opposites to some, but for me, they serve a lot of the same purpose. They just go about it differently. They were also the two main cars I was deciding between, so it's neat to see both are going to be on the channel.
Jack is holding onto the 86 until next year. We will run it against Type R, GR Corolla and Elantra N. I will tell you Jack has brakes and dampers done on 86, and with old RS4 Hankooks Britt Casey (race driver) ran an a faster time than Nissan Z and almost same as Supra Auto with Potenza RE71RS. While the engine on 86 is not the best that is a fast car now and RWD.

I however can say I would not be shocked if FL5 is faster than all those cars on Cup2 or RE71RS.

superporpoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2023 RS3
Really looking forward to your reviews and comparisons. I imagine you will cover this (and maybe can't answer yet) — but why pick up the Type R over an Elantra N? I imagine the Type R will be better for the channel — and it looks about one billion times better — but I'm curious re: driving dynamics, daily driver usefulness, etc. if the Type R warrants the 10K increase (if you could even get it for MSRP).

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ GRC CE, 23’ Civic Si (Sold), 14’ Evo X GSR
@savagegeese its good to see you guys here on the forum! I’m looking forward to the FL5 review.

I’m not willing to pay adm here in the Midwest so I hope to pickup my FL5 later on down the road. A new 23’ Si arriving in a few months should do me just fine for now.

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Curious are members of the media paying the same ADMs we are or do you get special treatment?

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Wow this is fantastic! I absolutely love your in-depth reviews and your opinions of this car hold a lot of weight for myself and throughout the enthusiast community.

Congrats on your allocation and I'll look forward to all your FL5 content for sure. I picked mine up a few days ago and the hype is real...it's a fantastic machine and know you'll love it!

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Wow this is fantastic! I absolutely love your in-depth reviews and your opinions of this car hold a lot of weight for myself and throughout the enthusiast community.

Congrats on your allocation and I'll look forward to all your FL5 content for sure. I picked mine up a few days ago and the hype is real...it's a fantastic machine and know you'll love it!
I have the feeling I will. It's great you got yours already. It's gonna be a few more weeks for Midwest and east coast.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Curious are members of the media paying the same ADMs we are or do you get special treatment?
I had to ask for the car like 6 months ago to get one secured. I told them at time I would not pay ADM dealer was allocated car but have not finished process yet. If I had to guess most of the media will unlikely pay ADM out of principle. I know Topher is getting one, Honda Pro Jason and Raiti for sure but didn't talk money with them.

I'm going to be very brutally honest in video about ADM and how it's a big F U to customers and will be urging dealers to not be assholes if they want allocations. And that type R buyers will travel to dealers who are good to them.

If we can show that certain dealers are not doing ADMs it will pressure others on a PR side.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Raiti isn’t paying mark up and I know where his is being delivered to, I’ll see it before he does 😂

Honda won’t do anything to the dealers charging mark ups, as much as they tell you they will

honestly they don’t care…they’re putting out a car that will sell out regardless, Toyota is also not caring about grc markups as they even said in a company wide email that they can charge whatever they’d like

yes the ones who charge msrp only will get more allocations, but the big mark up dealers will still get their cars anyways

kopite44

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
It helps to expose the dealers charging exorbitant markups and hit them where it hurts: Social media and review sites.
Like the Denver VW dealership that was charging $99k for a Golf R. After the online backlash they backtracked and said they would be selling at MSRP. And then they changed tune again and came up with some auction for charity BS that they got called out for a second time.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
It helps to expose the dealers charging exorbitant markups and hit them where it hurts: Social media and review sites.
Like the Denver VW dealership that was charging $99k for a Golf R. After the online backlash they backtracked and said they would be selling at MSRP. And then they changed tune again and came up with some auction for charity BS that they got called out for a second time.
Which dealership was that?

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
Sucks but your right. Honda Corp won't do a thing in regards to ADM which is rampant atm.

Subaru is about the only car company I know of that seems very active with their dealer network in curbing ADM.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Unfortunately it does nothing with Honda

remember Chevy and their whole “anyone who charges over sticker for the Vette will be in trouble” bullshit?

yea well nothing has happened…meanwhile most dealers are still selling their vettes $20-30k over sticker and they’re still selling

ford doing zero to the dealers charging crazy bumps on broncos and lightnings

do I hate adm? Of course

Will anything happen to dealers charging adm, especially in times like this? No

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
And who can forget the GM dealer who took off any markups on the Z06 after a buyer posted his quote on social media...... I would say we should start calling the dealers out in a similar fashion and maybe a few would give in. Unless people keep paying ridiculous markups (no hate for those people it's their money but nevertheless they're not helping the cause).
Sponsored