• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Well the type s sure looks to have bespoke wide fenders and 265 wide tires confirmed. Itll most likely have the dual axis suspension. We know for sure it'll have the same engine with 300+hp and way better exhaust.
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Well the type s sure looks to have bespoke wide fenders and 265 wide tires confirmed. Itll most likely have the dual axis suspension. We know for sure it'll have the same engine with 300+hp and way better exhaust.
Lol. Most exciting thing I'm waiting for is an exhaust sound clip..

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
There's no way it won't have the dual axis suspension. Honda wouldn't tell Acura to develop their own bespoke suspension system for a wider car, it would just make the car too expensive. If they're already using the drivetrain, might as well use the suspension geometry too.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
From a cost perspective, it makes complete sense to just use the same exact powertrain from the CTR.

Suspension and engine tuning costs are minimal, but wouldn’t be surprised if the Type S received the exact engine tune as the CTR. A different tune will probably introduce additional costs and emission tests.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
From a cost perspective, it makes complete sense to just use the same exact powertrain from the CTR.

Suspension and engine tuning costs are minimal, but wouldn’t be surprised if the Type S received the exact engine tune as the CTR. A different tune will probably introduce additional costs and emission tests.
def different tune, it has exhaust crackles. Dumping fuel close throttle meaning it needs all new emissions.

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
If you have questions I will try and answer them also trying to stay in touch with Honda about issues problems and of course dealer abuse. Regional reps are keeping a close on dealers who are doing mark up BS to make sure allocations go to those not playing games.
Can you clarify if the dealer where you purchased at msrp offers msrp to others?

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
comments about how savagegeese received special treatment from dealer coming in 3, 2, 1...
Sure sounds like it good for him if that's the case I'm confused on the prior posts about reporting dealer abuse when it sounds like this dealer also charges ADM.

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Civic Type R LE
On the nostalgia thing that @savagegeese mentions, I completely understand why someone who grew up driving/idolising the DC2 and EK9 Type Rs would see the FK8 and FL5 as not keeping true to the brand form or spirit.

However for someone like myself who moved from muscles cars in my 20s to WRXs and STis in my 30s, Subaru just kept with largely the same formula right into the current generations and in my view it has not aged well at all.

So in my 40s the FK8 was a breath of fresh air and kudos to Honda for taking the turbo hot hatch and reimagining it into something that moved the game along for those of us who want a relatively affordable drivers' car that is also practical as a daily.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Can you clarify if the dealer where you purchased at msrp offers msrp to others?
The straight answer is I asked Honda Corporate if they could get me a Type R before the official unviel. It was always a maybe. When it happened they allocated a specific unit for me to Brilliance Honda. They also sent them a second car to sell.

They are using the other car at Chicago Auto show to showcase the car. Their plan is to sell it and hopefully get into a bidding war and then donate anything over to our local veterans support non for profit in area. Future allocations will be MSRP only, but they dont sell out if state. That applies to local buyers only. So if you live local get on a list.

As Ayau stated I under estimated the level of distain for me buying a car for MSRP and accessories at normal prices. Im not some person who jumped on the bandwagon with Honda. I have been buying them since 1999 and ran forums like this dedicated to Honda owners back in the 2000s. I also had to eat a lot of shit and deal with problems being a Honda fan from transmission issues, horrible dealer practices, Honda corp shadow banning me over the NSX video I did when it came out.

So I dont feel bad that I got this car for MSRP. I still paid an assload to have this car. It makes me regret talking about it publically.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
There's always gonna be people who will shit on you for getting something done that they couldn't. Hell, I found an Si for MSRP and slightly overpriced tint when pretty much every other dealer wants ADM plus packages, even the dealer I work for. Just be happy about having the car.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
There's always gonna be people who will shit on you for getting something done that they couldn't. Hell, I found an Si for MSRP and slightly overpriced tint when pretty much every other dealer wants ADM plus packages, even the dealer I work for. Just be happy about having the car.
I am glad I got the car and like it your case lucky in some ways.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
On the nostalgia thing that @savagegeese mentions, I completely understand why someone who grew up driving/idolising the DC2 and EK9 Type Rs would see the FK8 and FL5 as not keeping true to the brand form or spirit.

However for someone like myself who moved from muscles cars in my 20s to WRXs and STis in my 30s, Subaru just kept with largely the same formula right into the current generations and in my view it has not aged well at all.

So in my 40s the FK8 was a breath of fresh air and kudos to Honda for taking the turbo hot hatch and reimagining it into something that moved the game along for those of us who want a relatively affordable drivers' car that is also practical as a daily.
For me, I liked the DC2 and EK9 but really it was before my time, and it wasn't just those cars specifically it was the whole 90s JDM era that I liked. Most of the hype for those cars came from video games.

I always liked muscle cars. I thought the FK8 was cool but honestly it really wasn't even on my radar till after I got my GT350 and started looking for something as a replacement for my Scion tC. The FL5 just looked alot better to me, gave me old school R34 vibes with the front end. Idk what the old school Honda feel is so I don't really have anything to say on the matter. Maybe when the S650 GT350 comes out I can talk about the 'old school feel'
Sponsored