• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR - 2022 MDX Type S Advance
Its about the tire outer diameter. If aspect ratio is same but tire width is more than the outer diameter will be almost identical to the 20 inch wheel/tire setup.
Have done enough racing to fully understand all that but expect the new 2023 CTR to still have a shorter overall tire diameter than the final first generation 2021 model year.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Congrats, and thanks for your initial take on this car. Honda clearly did a lot of things right on this model. Enjoy!
Curious to know whether this car feels any faster to you than the FK8 with the slight power and torque bump?
Thinking it may be hard to feel the difference, unless they changed the torque curve, but either way, let us know. Someone will probably have to drive them back to back to tell.

DPE

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
You are correct. 2023 overall tire diameter is 643mm, FK8 is 656mm. 2% smaller on the new car. If I'm reading it right, with the 6.5% numerically smaller final drive (taller) on the new car the overall gearing ends up about 4.5% taller net. Which, torque multiplication and drag racing aside, would suit me just fine. I'd prefer a bit taller gearing for what I use it for. Third always seems to end a little sooner than I'd like on a given road or track.

OP
OP
crash___

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
Thanks for the first impressions write-up! I can't wait to hear your updated thoughts after you've had a lot more time/miles in the car. Is there anything that was a pleasant surprise (or weren't expecting to like but do)?
it’s a super easy car to drive, especially for a manual novice lol.

but ig that’s how most manual hondas are

OP
OP
crash___

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
Cool. Sounds like you're having a good time with it.
I have a question. Do you find the large infotainment screen distracting? In some of the early release photos it looks huge. How do you like it?
infotainment system is not distracting honestly, it’s placed well. tbh something that can only be described when in the driver’s seat. no need to worry about that, i had that same concern as well

OP
OP
crash___

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
does adjusting the exhaust to comfort or sport removes the fake noise or does it also affect the performance meaning exhaust flow is more restrictive ?
all it does is add more fake engine noise, i personally don’t hear any difference on the outside. the car is for sure louder than a stock fk8. not sure when valves open and close though

Last edited:
OP
OP
crash___

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
Just curious which Lexus and Toyotas you've owned since those cars are generally more about comfort and a plush ride, and explain your relative feeling of a bouncy/harsh ride and road noise.
my “current“ daily is an ISF on lower springs. for a lexus, that car is mighty harsh since it’s a 2008 (before suspension revisions in 2010). you feel every crevice on the road, ass hurts on long drives. this car feels the same, but because of it being a newer car and having a lot more refinement (plus the amazing seats), it’s a lottttt more bearable. don’t know if it’s the ps4s, but man, it does get loud in the cabin lol

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
as stated, a lot of road noise, but speakers + music and drown it out quickly. no rattles encountered yet.
Awesome. I don’t mind road noise, but damn I hate rattle traps. My WRX had rattles from every piece of plastic in the car.

GJPEN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru WRX STI
my “current“ daily is an ISF on lower springs. for a lexus, that car is mighty harsh since it’s a 2008 (before suspension revisions in 2010). you feel every crevice on the road, ass hurts on long drives. this car feels the same, but because of it being a newer car and having a lot more refinement (plus the amazing seats), it’s a lottttt more bearable. don’t know if it’s the ps4s, but man, it does get loud in the cabin lol
Curious coming from an ISF how the driving experience is in comparison? I know the engines aural dramatics are not gonna be close, but everything else which one is better and why?

OP
OP
crash___

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
Curious coming from an ISF how the driving experience is in comparison? I know the engines aural dramatics are not gonna be close, but everything else which one is better and why?
really not comparable honestly, the ISF a rwd v8 saloon loves to be tail happy. it invokes a lot more emotion bc of the engine note and how raw the experience is. easy to oversteer. both cars are incredibly direct, but because of how chaotic the ISF is, i find myself more immersed in driving despite it having an automatic. the CTR feels like a go-kart. so nimble and does everything you want, very predictable. can’t say about that in the F lol. both cars have a lot of jekyll & hyde personality. in overall experience, i can’t say which is better since both are incredible regardless, but very different experiences.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
"probably my only true complaint has to be the suspension. it’s really good when you need it, but’s too rough for daily driving. it’s too reactive and bumpy even in comfort mode. not punishing, but could wear out a person for a bit. i live in seattle and i know bad roads. road noise floor is also pretty loud, could be the tires, but probably not the main cause of it."

Thank you for the review but this is very disappointing to read. This is a road car and if it's too harsh, even in comfort mode, to drive on the road, I'm out.
Sponsored