• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
It's maddening that none of the guys have vbox/dragy in the car. Back to TH they must have known they were opening a can of worms with that roll race why not do some timed runs to see if the FK8 is in line with the norm for a stock car? Or put them both on a dyno to see if anything unusual is going on?
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
I'm thinking this thing is gonna need some more compliant suspension with reviews saying the ride is pretty harsh.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I just don't understand it. I feel like people have lost the ability to communicate effectively.

Sure, your performance car may be fun to drive but it's almost as slow as this performance car that cost less in these categories. What part of the game is that?

0-60
1/4 mile times

To me, that is advertising fluff. I just can't imagine ever hearing anyone from Honda discuss it.

I do enjoy the video reviews. You tend to relate what the creators are saying versus other cars they have had the opportunity to experience before.

The only thing I don't look forward to about the car is the small fuel tank and fuel eco to go with it. Everything else, I'm really excited about. It is a step in the right direction overall for me.
Agreed man.

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
If people are on here bitching about 10ths of a second and a couple mph trap speed why are you interested in a fwd car at all? Just buy a golf r, supra or hellcat. Go hit 60 in under 4 seconds and convince yourself there's nobody faster. This car is clearly focused on shaving 10ths of a second on a circut, not a dragstrip.
Why buy a sport/track oriented car if you don’t care about a 10th of a second? You’re literally arguing against the purpose of the car.

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
Why buy a sport/track oriented car if you don’t care about a 10th of a second? You’re literally arguing against the purpose of the car.
Though ultimately, with any of these factory boosted cars, does out of the box straight line performance even matter enough to define a car by it? Especially since it appears Honda's decision to change the final drive is for traction based acceleration on a track (aka not understeering at full throttle while on a gradual turn or not a perfect track). But there's a solution for most of these cars, flash it and gain 10-20%hp if you only care about when the tires are pointed straight. Do this to an FK8 you're spinning the front wheels well into 3rd gear and no one track orientated wants that. By the FK8 these motors can take up to 450hp without opening them so really why does drag strip performance mean so much for a FWD car without launch control without a manual hand brake to load against or a DCT option? Just seems weird that's the leading priority for these folks especially with accessibility to more power is dang simple for any of these turbo cars. If straight line is the only care, true AWD launches or nothing.

Reactions: CTR

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Who will I listen to in reviews:

• Chris Harris
  • Henry Catchpole
  • Steve Sutcliffe
  • Jethro Bovingdon
  • Dan Prosser
  • Harry Metcalfe
  • Matt Bird
  • Randy Pobst
  • Zack Klapman
  • Jason Cammisa

But I'll take everything they say with a grain of salt. They are just opinions, and we all have our own!
You forgot Doug Demuro and his insightful Doug Score; he's the goto guy for millions of tubers. We need him to slam on the hatch to test the new wing for flex.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
The more reviews I watch, the vibe I’m getting is people are absolutely loving the car. But also, the vibe I’m getting is FK8 drivers and FL5 drivers are going to be flipping birds instead of the Jeep wave lol
For some reason FK8 owners are all hurt by the fact that FL5 exists. Lol, I don't get why? It's like they are seeking approval or gratification from everyone that FK8 is better. Truly sad. Can't we just be happy that the FL5 exists in this form? With electrification and all that nonsense, this time is short lived.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06
Throttle House does the review of a car on old 245 Continentals (FK8) vs new 265 Michelins (FL5). You don't have to be a genius to realize the advantage of newer wider tires on lap times. The vast majority of FK8 owners who track a lot,(myself included) have separate wheels with 265 (or bigger) track tires which will easily blow away a stock FL5's lap times. The extra weight of the FL5 is also going to hinder track performance compared to the FK8 but if you aren't on the track, who cares? If you like the FL5 buy it and if you already own an FK8 and like it, stick with it. It is not important if one is a few tenths faster in a drag or lap as you can improve the base car easily with tires, brake pads or a tune.

michaeljf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Civic Type R LE
For some reason FK8 owners are all hurt by the fact that FL5 exists
As an FK8 owner the way I look at it is the engineers who made my car as good as it is were always going to able to apply that skill and improve on the breed with the FL5.

If they weren't, then my FK8 wouldn't be as good as it is compared to the hot hatch competition. Swings and roundabouts ...

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
I don't care about straight line acceleration. I care about track times. You are reading a post without the context of the conversation. I am pro 1/10th of a second gain on track bud. Tired of ppl whimpering about the car losing a roll race. The real win was it being faster around the circut. Not sure what you're on about. I'm arguing FOR the purpose of the car which is being fast around a track, not driving in a straight line.

Last edited:

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Really will like so see how big of a tire you can fit with the flared fenders. Will be interesting to see it perform with forged wheels super big gripy tires

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Who cares. The ceiling on the FL5 is higher due to the dampers. The car is waaaay more refined, has a significantly better sight line, is more mature and will be the more rare swan song. It is just a better car but at the heart, the spirit is the same - both are gems in their own right. Yes there will be jealous trolls who need to prove a point and cause discord. The FK8 is the less refined, and wiled styled cousin who needs to be seen. The FL5 is the more mature, straight badass uncle that wears a suit during the day and goes to the dojo at night.

Oh, btw, where the fk is my car Honda? And can someone get rid of these damn ads that keep popping up?
Sponsored

Last edited: