• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
A4F50506-C2D6-40EA-8C80-996F65429D97.jpeg

By the end of Q1 2023 I doubt any dealers will be getting over 5K ADM. The market is about to adjust and production at that point will be high enough. Hold out and you’ll have one for a reasonable price!
Lol don't show the guys that spent 10k+ on adm. They will be mad at you and brag about having a 70k type r 😂
Sponsored

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Just hope those who have/are paying 10-20k over and 70k+ don't have buyers remorse and don't look back in anger.

The shit is about to hit the fan by the truckload and it's going to be a bad time for a few years at least.
We tried to tell them to be patient but it is what it is...

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Buying one at 10-20k over right now is like buying carvana stock at its peak in 2021. No doubt people will do it still. 😂
A used 2021 w 10k miles is priced at $52k in local market. Sure overall downward pressure in the used market may help but this is a niche car with production constraints nonetheless. Its likely the last ICE R. Lots that is unique to just this car that will command (and get) a premium in this market.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
A used 2021 w 10k miles is priced at $52k in local market. Sure overall downward pressure in the used market may help but this is a niche car with production constraints nonetheless. Its likely the last ICE R. Lots that is unique to just this car that will command (and get) a premium in this market.
They can be priced at whatever they want but are they selling?

I’m sure a couple months ago they were, but to think the market isn’t changing or that it won’t affect a type R is a strong take. We will see how it plays out. But I just don’t see people paying 8% interest on a 10-20k markup. There’s going to be a lot of layoffs coming soon.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Add that Student loan replayments set to restart in Jan 23 at average of 600/month that will take some out of the market for sure.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Technically yes but you don’t normally have a strong job market and few layoffs in a recession, so you don’t get recession behavior like extreme budgeting and canceling car orders. That’ll be next year.
People have been cautious with money for a while now and cars haven’t been selling much

Y’all seem to keep saying next year, soon, etc

Do you have a date for this “recession” that hasn’t hit yet?

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, JL 392XR, 981S, F430
A correction for the used car market is for sure in the future. When is anybody’s guess. However while the type R will be affected it won’t be by much. It’s still a relatively low volume car. It will be the same with the high end low volume market Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. most likely there will be a return to msrp but I wouldn’t count on discounts.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A correction for the used car market is for sure in the future. When is anybody’s guess. However while the type R will be affected it won’t be by much. It’s still a relatively low volume car. It will be the same with the high end low volume market Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. most likely there will be a return to msrp but I wouldn’t count on discounts.
were already seeing it now. Carvana s numbers are showing it. Used car sales since the fed started pivoting have plummeted.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
They can be priced at whatever they want but are they selling?

I’m sure a couple months ago they were, but to think the market isn’t changing or that it won’t affect a type R is a strong take. We will see how it plays out. But I just don’t see people paying 8% interest on a 10-20k markup. There’s going to be a lot of layoffs coming soon.
Like most everyone pointed out, this is a low volume, high demand car. Carvana is having trouble selling used cars like altimas, everybody is still trying to buy the fk8 and fl5.

This is the last gas ctr, California has already killed gas cars for everyone in the US for the foreseeable future. Follow the fk8 used pricing trend instead. And buy what you can afford in this market. Waiting for it to drop to msrp or below is a deathwish.

Last edited:

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like most everyone pointed out, this is a low volume, high demand car. Carvana is having trouble selling used cars like altimas, everybody is still trying to buy the fk8 and fl5.

This is the last gas ctr, California has already killed gas cars for everyone in the US for the foreseeable future. Follow the fk8 used pricing trend instead. And buy what you can afford in this market. Waiting for it to drop to msrp or below is a deathwish.
Whether or not these cars are a high demand car. That demand goes down when people don’t have jobs and can’t afford to pay rent. Time will tell.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Whether or not these cars are a high demand car. That demand goes down when people don’t have jobs and can’t afford to pay rent. Time will tell.
100% agree. I don’t have any data on this, but to me it seems the CTR attracts a lot of buyers that stretch them selves a bit to get into one, as opposed to those who have bigger budgets. Those with bigger budgets tend to move on to a different segment.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
100% agree. I don’t have any data on this, but to me it seems the CTR attracts a lot of buyers that stretch them selves a bit to get into one, as opposed to those who have bigger budgets. Those with bigger budgets tend to move on to a different segment.
Your whole statement is laced with broad based assumptions. I venture that given the styling, this gen actually lures (on average) a much older and well funded group of consumers.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
Your whole statement is laced with broad based assumptions. I venture that given the styling, this gen actually lures (on average) a much older and well funded group of consumers.
My point is that there will be a segment of customers for this car that will be impacted by the economy and thus impact demand. Time will tell when and by how much.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A majority of people buying this car are under 45. I’d even say 40.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
A majority of people buying this car are under 45. I’d even say 40.
The law of averages likely proves my point. Adding some arbitrary talking point doesn’t do anything to help your position.
Sponsored