• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Acura Integra Type S Observations

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
For a second I was wondering how I missed this thread, but then I realized there's probably dozens of other ones that I missed... it's getting frankly RIDICULOUS at this point but I'm kind of glad it's happening. It will encourage me to stop spending so much time hanging out on forums because this seems to be all people want to talk about...

Everyone is kidding themselves. Whatever is deemed "more special" is going to be whatever car you picked/already picked. Whether you have the car or not.

In my case, I would have taken either one, I just fundamentally hate the concept of paying over MSRP for ANY car. I don't care how much I have to justify to myself how "special" it is... that's literally the only difference. I couldn't find a CTR at MSRP, else I would have bought one because it's cheaper. Simple as that.

My wife, however, insisted I get the Acura because she couldn't stand the thought of me paying $50k for a Civic. Her thoughts ultimately wouldn't have a bearing in what I chose- she'd never drive it anyway- but this concept is probably a major reason the ITS exists, because as Throttle House just proved, there is literally ZERO DIFFERENCE AT ALL in the track performance between the two cars. Literally not a fraction of a second, and that- to me- makes threads like this hilarious.

They are literally the same car. This infighting and comparing is crazy, and I'm really starting to wonder if it has more to do with the fact 90+% of people who bought an FL5 paid an ADM for it, thus have to do mental gymnastics to make it the best thing ever in their own minds?

Like Topher saying the shifter feel is different?

The same car. Psychosis is a hell of a drug.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2024 Acura Integra Type S Observations zoolander-will-ferrell
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Well they’re the same, but with differences. This is to say they’re not 1:1 the same…which is true. They have subtle performance differences. Most differences are in amenities and esthetics. OK. Great. Let’s move on.

The argument saying those who paid $50k+ for a Civic are searching for justification also applies to the Integra. The Integra is a reskinned and rebadged Civic at the end of the day. So…with the ITS, you’re paying a built-in ADM in the MSRP already (for that premium Acura badge). Then, folks are paying a dealer ADM on top of that.

The “psychosis” ends where again?

boneR

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Champ White FL5
Yeah but the same can be said that the Integra is just a fancy civic. They have the same drivetrain so to me it is just preference and availability. Affordability is in the mix as well but if you cant afford it then you aren't really in the market anyway. I agree this will be a hot topic of discussion for some time but to each their own.

OP
OP
Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I'm not a fan of Throttle House or The Straight Pipes, at all. This is what I call disposable content. They achieve the objective of providing coverage but offer no real value to the viewer and have a shelf life shorter than an avocado.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not a fan of Throttle House or The Straight Pipes, at all. This is what I call disposable content. They achieve the objective of providing coverage but offer no real value to the viewer and have a shelf life shorter than an avocado.
So, about the same value as a forum post then?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, they’re more entertainment heavy and less scientific / objective. It’s still good information if you take it for face value. It has its place. Personally, I like to be entertained now and then. What’s life without fun?😄 It’s not intended to compete with fully comprehensive reviews from places like Motor Trend.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, they’re more entertainment heavy and less scientific / objective. It’s still good information if you take it for face value. It has its place. Personally, I like to be entertained now and then. What’s life without fun?😄 It’s not intended to compete with fully comprehensive reviews from places like Motor Trend.
I'm not sure how much more scientific you want than same track, same driver, same tires... but I was also cracking jokes about their track looking like an Aldi parking lot so I get it. To a degree.

Savagegeese does it better, so go watch their review then. Spoiler- you'll find more of the same.

I think I have some I guess "unique" context in that I literally just flipped from being ready to jump on a CTR at $5k over to finding an ITS at MSRP the next day. I went with the ITS, but I would have been fine with the Civic- even more so at MSRP. Legitimately, either car would do for me because, and I'll say it again, IT'S THE SAME GOD DAMN CAR. All the things that make it move are identical. The only things left are subjective elements. How does it look, how does it feel, how does it sound? There's your science right there.

I just said the same on the Integra forums, where this isn't nearly as "serious" as a discussion- the only "losers" in this debate are those who feel they have to defend themselves with arbitrary assignments like "it's more special". It f*cking well should be, you chose it. "Special", by definition, isn't up to a YouTuber, it's up to you!

And many of you thought it was special enough to justify an average $15k markup!? Those of you who paid that, are you sure that has nothing to do with this conversation?

Personally, I think Scarlett Johansen is about as beautiful as a woman can get. She's tied for #1 with a couple dozen other drop-dead gorgeous women... I'd assign her the rank of "special". But others will disagree with me. They won't think she's "special" at all. Same goes for Angelina Jolie. I think she's great... for a hot mom you'd see at the mall. Not "special", not to me. Others would disagree.

See where I'm going with this?

The circle-jerky echo chambers that encourage this "feud" is getting embarrassing. Just like what you drive, appreciate that others like what they drive, and stop trying to "win".

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
I'm not sure how much more scientific you want than same track, same driver, same tires... but I was also cracking jokes about their track looking like an Aldi parking lot so I get it. To a degree.

Savagegeese does it better, so go watch their review then. Spoiler- you'll find more of the same.

I think I have some I guess "unique" context in that I literally just flipped from being ready to jump on a CTR at $5k over to finding an ITS at MSRP the next day. I went with the ITS, but I would have been fine with the Civic- even more so at MSRP. Legitimately, either car would do for me because, and I'll say it again, IT'S THE SAME GOD DAMN CAR. All the things that make it move are identical. The only things left are subjective elements. How does it look, how does it feel, how does it sound? There's your science right there.

I just said the same on the Integra forums, where this isn't nearly as "serious" as a discussion- the only "losers" in this debate are those who feel they have to defend themselves with arbitrary assignments like "it's more special". It f*cking well should be, you chose it. "Special", by definition, isn't up to a YouTuber, it's up to you!

And many of you thought it was special enough to justify an average $15k markup!? Those of you who paid that, are you sure that has nothing to do with this conversation?

Personally, I think Scarlett Johansen is about as beautiful as a woman can get. She's tied for #1 with a couple dozen other drop-dead gorgeous women... I'd assign her the rank of "special". But others will disagree with me. They won't think she's "special" at all. Same goes for Angelina Jolie. I think she's great... for a hot mom you'd see at the mall. Not "special", not to me. Others would disagree.

See where I'm going with this?

The circle-jerky echo chambers that encourage this "feud" is getting embarrassing. Just like what you drive, appreciate that others like what they drive, and stop trying to "win".
Still not a Type R....

I'm just kidding.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I’m just saying Throttle House etc. are more entertainment heavy and less scientific / comprehensive…which they ARE. They don’t have nearly the history, controlled environment, tools, staff, the list goes on and on to compete with the fully comprehensive data gathering and analysis that places like Motor Trend do. Motor Trend makes Throttle House look like amateurs with a laptop, a parking lot, and cameras…oh wait…that’s basically what they are. 🤣 AND THAT’S TOTALLY OK! Let’s just not misconstrue their place in the hierarchy of real information and data + analysis. #jussayin

Otherwise I agree with you. Like what you like for whatever reasons. Truly, no one else cares about your choice but you. Saying one is more special is an opinion. Why do people get so upset over opinions? Makes no sense. Enjoy what you got. Let others enjoy what they got. Note I am not one who paid $15k+ ADM so I can’t relate to those who might feel they need to justify their opinions due to the high price they paid. Not even close. I am also not one disdaining the ITS. I think the ITS is great. Yes, I am more than happy with my CTR, but how much I like my car has no bearing on anyone else’s choice of vehicle or what they paid. You bought a Bronco Raptor for $200k? Sweet!!! Do I care? No.🤣

@optronix At the end of the day, you felt that the higher MSRP of the ITS vs paying a $5k ADM on a CTR was more worthwhile, because you liked the looks, feel, and sound (plus other amenities) moreso than the CTR? Great!!! You made the right choice for you! Have fun and just ignore the opinions of others!:)

Last edited:

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@optronix At the end of the day, you felt that the higher MSRP of the ITS vs paying a $5k ADM on a CTR was more worthwhile, because you liked the looks, feel, and sound (plus other amenities) moreso than the CTR? Great!!! You made the right choice for you! Have fun and just ignore the opinions of others!:)
I'm fully capable of doing that- but where I felt I had to chime in is that I've already left two joke Facebook groups because this topic is INCESSANT, and it's starting to creep up on the forums just as frequently. Facebook is one thing, it's a crap platform but I thought at least the physical requirement added of actually JOINING a group vs just scrolling would offer some protection from the stupidity but no, I was wrong. The only value I got was from people posting delivery pics of ITS's that weren't white or blue like all the press cars, but that was quickly overrun by the mouth-breathing apes punching away at their keyboards. But forums should represent the true enthusiasts, not the FB scrollers. It's sad to see that we're still in this pissing contest on here.

I've seen it here with that bamboozle guy or whatever- troll. No clue why he feels like he has to try to lord over people with his opinions. No value there.

But it goes both ways. And before anyone tells me "why come to a CTR board if you don't have a CTR", that's the same as telling a Cayman owner to GTFO on a Boxster board. What's relevant to one is deeply relevant to the other, and there's value there.

As long as people aren't continually defensive, which has yet to be proven. I'll give this another couple hours to say my piece while it has my attention, then I'll ignore it as best I can and hope it goes away. That's my contribution, hopefully others follow suit.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It’s the internet. You can’t avoid trolls and people getting defensive, but here you can at least mute them. Give that a shot. There are plenty of non-trolls here with great info and insight. @optronix

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s the internet. You can’t avoid trolls and people getting defensive, but here you can at least mute them. Give that a shot. There are plenty of non-trolls here with great info and insight. @optronix
I don't believe in muting (as someone who I'm sure has been muted before...). Yeah sure "it's the internet", but as enthusiast we're all friends here, let's hash it out with lively discussion, and then move on to the next topic.

True trolling should be met with swift justice. Or at least a "fool me once..." approach, right?

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
I don't believe in muting (as someone who I'm sure has been muted before...). Yeah sure "it's the internet", but as enthusiast we're all friends here, let's hash it out with lively discussion, and then move on to the next topic.

True trolling should be met with swift justice. Or at least a "fool me once..." approach, right?
I wish more people had your approach. It seems opinions and information that one hears can be picked and scrutinized unfairly. Had it happen a thousand times on this forum. Some have even changed their usernames or left completely over it. I'm used to it at this point. As long as it doesn't turn into a cesspool (like reddit).
Sponsored