• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
No, the chassis likely won’t be more rigid. Why would they make it more rigid when the intent is a more street-centric car?
Stiffer chassis help both handling and ride comfort. When a chassis is more rigid, spring rates can be softer while still maintaining body control. When a chassis is floppy, manufacturers will compensate with really stiff suspension, but this makes ride quality terrible.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
^^^^This^^^^

Plus there would be zero possibility Honda develops a DCT for a few thousand cars.

I mean they already had a very good DCT, that they scrapped to replace with a CVT. I guarantee an Integra Type S with the 10 spd would definitely punch above its weight class like the current Accord Sport 2.0T does.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Shit I did 8 years with zero down!

However, it will be paid in two…👍
Personally im gonna hold out for a dealer that does MSRP, or accepts hopes and dreams, thoughts and prayers and a couple food stamps on the side.
Being a responsible, successful adult that makes money is overrated, think about mother earth 🙄 *hopefully obvious sarcasm*

Last edited:

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Beautiful car. Always liked the design of the new Integra because it doesn't have any sore points like what the Civic has with the hood. It has a solid design for 4 door luxury car, and its not obvious at all that its a liftback (at least its that way to me). I was really set on getting the new M3 but after the reveal it just looked too ugly for me. The Integra Type S could fill that niche for me.

Wish I had the money because I'd love to DD this and have the CTR and Mustang as my fun cars. If only I made an extra $50,000 😩

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Stiffer chassis help both handling and ride comfort. When a chassis is more rigid, spring rates can be softer while still maintaining body control. When a chassis is floppy, manufacturers will compensate with really stiff suspension, but this makes ride quality terrible.
Thx I’m aware.

Highly probable it’s the same chassis with no difference and changed springs, sways, and bushings so it’s more comfortable as a daily.

The world will be surprised if it’s more.

Last edited:

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Talked to my local Acura dealer yesterday and I asked him some questions on the type s. He said that they don't do markups instead they do a package that contains all weather floor mats, wheel locks and one other accessory. He said that the package is about $750. He also said that most Acura dealers don't do markups because you have to build and order the car online. I know things can change but if what he said is true then only a few Acura dealers will do markups.
I was told the same by the primary dealer I was working with when I was all set to pick up an FL5 at launch. And then the car came out and suddenly their tune changed. "Actually, we're adding a $5K markup now. Oh, and you're no longer first in line." So hopefully, for your sake, I hope that this dealer is being truthful with you.

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I was told the same by the primary dealer I was working with when I was all set to pick up an FL5 at launch. And then the car came out and suddenly their tune changed. "Actually, we're adding a $5K markup now. Oh, and you're no longer first in line." So hopefully, for your sake, I hope that this dealer is being truthful with you.
Yeah that's why I'm not stressing if they do change up all of a sudden. Guess we will see next summer.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
I mean they already had a very good DCT, that they scrapped to replace with a CVT. I guarantee an Integra Type S with the 10 spd would definitely punch above its weight class like the current Accord Sport 2.0T does.
I had no idea they had a DCT!

Also is the 10 speed a good transmission? Like I mean ZF good?

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I had no idea they had a DCT!

Also is the 10 speed a good transmission? Like I mean ZF good?
10speed in the TLX S is pretty slow to respond and its tuned to auto upshift in the TLX Type S
Sponsored

Last edited: