• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Aight haven’t seen that. I guess the whole ADM and money talk is just old. Would be cool to actually talk about the Type R and now Type S without someone talking money lol
Unfortunately dealers and schmucks keep it in the conversation.
Sponsored

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
If Acura really wants to stir the pot. Just call it Integra Type R
Save the type S for an ASpec on steroids with ~250hp.
The current Integra Manual is a failure.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Beautiful car. Always liked the design of the new Integra because it doesn't have any sore points like what the Civic has with the hood. It has a solid design for 4 door luxury car, and its not obvious at all that its a liftback (at least its that way to me). I was really set on getting the new M3 but after the reveal it just looked too ugly for me. The Integra Type S could fill that niche for me.

Wish I had the money because I'd love to DD this and have the CTR and Mustang as my fun cars. If only I made an extra $50,000 😩
Sir having the mustang and CTR is a pretty good garage on itsefl!

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
There is no such thing as a Type R in the Acura playbook anymore. It's all marketing, since Acura picked up the Type S naming convention it has always been the top of Acuras branding.

NSX Type S is the prime example. There is not and will not ever be another Type R Acura ever. I don't know why the community keeps insisting on having the Type R branding live with Acura, it makes 0 sense.

You wouldn't ever see an R-RS from Audi (R being VWs top name plate) or GR-ISF Lexus (GR being Toyotas top name plate).

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
There is no such thing as a Type R in the Acura playbook anymore. It's all marketing, since Acura picked up the Type S naming convention it has always been the top of Acuras branding.

NSX Type S is the prime example. There is not and will not ever be another Type R Acura ever. I don't know why the community keeps insisting on having the Type R branding live with Acura, it makes 0 sense.

You wouldn't ever see an R-RS from Audi (R being VWs top name plate) or GR-ISF Lexus (GR being Toyotas top name plate).
Makes zero sense?
Then why resurrect a long-gone "Integra" name that never used the type S brand?
Why use a full name when your other vehicles are named with 3 letters?
That, my friend, doesn't make sense.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Makes zero sense?
Then why resurrect a long-gone "Integra" name that never used the type S brand?
Why use a full name when your other vehicles are named with 3 letters?
That, my friend, doesn't make sense.
Because Integra was always an Acura model (NA) and Type S is Acuras current and most recent model tier.

You are asking Acura to use a model tier name that doesn't exist period, outside of one legacy crossover vehicle that was sold on both brands worldwide, my guy.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
It looks like the ITS doesn’t have a moonroof based on the spyshots. That tells me it’s the most hardcore of the type s models.

I’m just not sure what kind of buyer Acura is going for besides the millennials that grew up with a 90s Integra. I don’t see this car bringing in new customers.

With the NSX going away, this is now Acura’s halo car. I’m not so sure about that. At least Lexus has the LC500.

Also using the PMC factory to build hydrogen CRVs? It’s clear to me that the PMC isn’t what they envisioned it to be. I’m not really sure what Honda is thinking.

Seems to me Honda is lacking vision with respect to their sports division. Toyota is committed with their GR lineup. What is Honda doing? Their multiple F1 departures is a bit embarrassing.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I wouldn't say the current Aspec is a failure. If people want an automatic SI in a hatchback now there is one. The 6spd version is only 4 or 5k more than the STHB and offers premium features plus all the SI components weighing 100lbs or so more. Still a fun car to through around some twisty roads. SI was nagged for only having 200hp but in time everyone has loved it.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I don't think I'd be comfortable with the price of the Integra Type S if the trend of going 19k above the base model into a sports model continues (it most likely will).

I'll make a post about the interesting process here I went through for my car.
But, to summarize: they wanted $68.9k. I bartered down $15k. I put down another $15k.
I'm financing $796 a month for a 60-month period. Totals out to $47,760 in 5 years.
Total overtime all included would be $62,760 including a service package of 100k miles and paint protection treatment.

Sorry ahead of time if anybody thinks I'm part of the problem. But that's not a bad price for a U.S. territory that has dealerships selling Proto Zs and Supras between $100-126k. This is all due to taxes. I think I did okay but dealerships will try all kinds of tricks with these cars. And the ITS will be no different.
Definitely not part of any problem. Congrats man!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Because Integra was always an Acura model (NA) and Type S is Acuras current and most recent model tier.

You are asking Acura to use a model tier name that doesn't exist period, outside of one legacy crossover vehicle that was sold on both brands worldwide, my guy.
You do know that the ITR continued outside the US after the 1996-2000 run correct? The RSX body was used for the Honda ITR overseas until 2006 and was not sold in the US. Acura isn't even a brand in Japan.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
You do know that the ITR continued outside the US after the 1996-2000 run correct? The RSX body was used for the Honda ITR overseas until 2006 and was not sold in the US. Acura isn't even a brand in Japan.
Tell me what nameplate did the RSX use for their top model in NA? Type R or Type S. That was rhetorical we all know the answer.

Also, I am very aware of where Acura lives as a brand, the Type R was retired with the Integra and the Type S nameplate took over (in NA).

That's all I'm trying to say. Type R was RETIRED (for Acura and in NA) and never coming back because it makes 0 sense since the RSX Type S took over. The Top build halo car for ACURA is the NSX, and it uses the Type S for their most hardcore model, meaning Type S is king for Acura not Type R. Mixing 2 model types into a brand like Acura which is trying their best to move away from any connection to Honda is dumb AF.

Acura is trying to make a push into the luxury brands, any connection to Honda only hurts what they are trying to do (for better or worse). Again, you will never see Audi or Lexus using any of their parent companies' name plates because it devalues the brand.

I will agree with you that Acura using Integra is dumb AF though lol, since it contradicts my point, but they decided to do it for whatever reason, but adding the Type R across 2 brands is even more stupid, IMO.

Last edited:

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
True but with future EPA regulations most will be hybrids with CVTs.
very possible but I think as the energy crisis grows they may shift their focus.

look at Switzerland planning to ban EVs. Hopium is not an energy source.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
It looks like the ITS doesn’t have a moonroof based on the spyshots. That tells me it’s the most hardcore of the type s models.

I’m just not sure what kind of buyer Acura is going for besides the millennials that grew up with a 90s Integra. I don’t see this car bringing in new customers.

With the NSX going away, this is now Acura’s halo car. I’m not so sure about that. At least Lexus has the LC500.

Also using the PMC factory to build hydrogen CRVs? It’s clear to me that the PMC isn’t what they envisioned it to be. I’m not really sure what Honda is thinking.

Seems to me Honda is lacking vision with respect to their sports division. Toyota is committed with their GR lineup. What is Honda doing? Their multiple F1 departures is a bit embarrassing.
My guess is that if the ITS is mechanically identical to the Type R, Honda won’t have to redo all the expensive crash testing. This could be why there’s no moonroof.

seems odd otherwise although it’s a big plus for me. I’d assumed it would have one robbing us tall people of headroom.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
My guess is that if the ITS is mechanically identical to the Type R, Honda won’t have to redo all the expensive crash testing. This could be why there’s no moonroof.

seems odd otherwise although it’s a big plus for me. I’d assumed it would have one robbing us tall people of headroom.
A moonroof delete also means a stiffer body structure, and the extra headroom is especially important on the Type S so folks can fit inside with a helmet on.