• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best Type R exhaust mods for FL5

LeoA86

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
oem FL5 exhasut pics (4).JPG
Just laying here thinking what to make? Keep the valve or no?
3 tips of course, will likely stick with all v-bands because they seal the best and in stainless steel.
80mm pipe size again probably. anything you guys want to see?
What size is the factory exhaust diameter? Just curious. Also valved exhaust would be awesome. With a black chrome tip
Sponsored

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
oem FL5 exhasut pics (4).JPG
Just laying here thinking what to make? Keep the valve or no?
3 tips of course, will likely stick with all v-bands because they seal the best and in stainless steel.
80mm pipe size again probably. anything you guys want to see?
Definitely 3 tips, equal diameter would be great. Having an option for black or Titanium burnt tips would be fantastic.

I like the idea of keeping the valve for more stock-like application and tamer daily cruising. Would it still be controlled the same as it is stock where it is only opening in R+ and wot?

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
I wanna see what the JDM guys come up with.

HKS
J's Racing
Seeker
Greddy/Trust
Amuse has an exhaust for the FL5 but it is 6k

encarnacionb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Integra
Decided to go a custom exhaust shop to do a mod on the exhaust. Both resonators deleted, mufflers deleted, and the active exhaust valve was bypassed. Actually sounds better in person and happy with it as a temp until more options come out. There is drone but I believe it’s bearable, for now. Lol I’ll get a better video for you guys and pics this weekend.

OP
OP
BoostblueFL5

BoostblueFL5

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Type R, Subaru BRZ
Decided to go a custom exhaust shop to do a mod on the exhaust. Both resonators deleted, mufflers deleted, and the active exhaust valve was bypassed. Actually sounds better in person and happy with it as a temp until more options come out. There is drone but I believe it’s bearable, for now. Lol I’ll get a better video for you guys and pics this weekend.

Any chance you can get a video inside your car with windows up and down.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
3 tips of equal diameter.
Not a fan of the bigger middle one? Think we should have the slip on tips so you can mix and match?

I'm in for a true 80mm all the way and Ss. I'm in the market for exhaust, ready to buy. I got a dp and front pipe waiting in boxes, just need the right exhaust. I've already ruled out a few that have come out. Take my money đź’°
Our FK8 was 80mm and full SS. it cam with the FP though so we could keep a true 3" unit.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
What size is the factory exhaust diameter? Just curious. Also valved exhaust would be awesome. With a black chrome tip
Let me check my notes and get back to you.
Definitely 3 tips, equal diameter would be great. Having an option for black or Titanium burnt tips would be fantastic.

I like the idea of keeping the valve for more stock-like application and tamer daily cruising. Would it still be controlled the same as it is stock where it is only opening in R+ and wot?
unsure, if we kept OEM controls then yes, that would be the cheaper/easier option. will have to explore that.

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Not a fan of the bigger middle one? Think we should have the slip on tips so you can mix and match?

Our FK8 was 80mm and full SS. it cam with the FP though so we could keep a true 3" unit.
Mix and match would actually be a pretty cool idea.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
Mix and match would actually be a pretty cool idea.
Got a meeting with the team on this project in about 2 weeks and will bring in all of your guy's ideas.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Got a meeting with the team on this project in about 2 weeks and will bring in all of your guy's ideas.
This is great, Milltek has quite a bit going on with their system if you haven’t seen what they’re up to…. Including potentially a driver controllable valve option…. Would be good to take some of their cues.

If you guys can get it sounding like the Si exhaust somehow I’d be in love ❤

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Milltek's is great! I'm still loving it.

This is great, Milltek has quite a bit going on with their system if you haven’t seen what they’re up to…. Including potentially a driver controllable valve option…. Would be good to take some of their cues.

If you guys can get it sounding like the Si exhaust somehow I’d be in love ❤
Sponsored