• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
woahhh so crazy how news travel fast, I was just looking at the article for the stop sale related to seat welding point issue

Tuhroo actually posted a picture of a service bulletin from Honda head office, in the states

and then few seconds later I get a screen shot of service bulletin advisor from Honda Canada

I won't mention who or where for confidentiality but it just came out now... BUTTT!!!

here is the interesting part, in the screenshot it says units affected

says 79 units (3 unsold)

So that tells me there are 79 FL5s in Canada, where are they!!!? find that hard to believe...and how is there so many of us still waiting on ours when 79 FL5s were sold ? I am certain that number is for the FL5 because the memo subject only addresses 2023 Civic Type R - Driver's seat ...

Didn't say Civic or Honda in general which may include other models, this memo is only out for the Type R and apparently 79 units were sold here already

I think there are may be 2 max 3 people from canada that received their FL5 that have been posting online either fb or on this forum

the rest are ghosts... I really thought Canada only got 18 cars so far
So far only vin # under 6xx is affected
Sponsored

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
So that tells me there are 79 FL5s in Canada, where are they!!!? find that hard to believe...and how is there so many of us still waiting on ours when 79 FL5s were sold ? I am certain that number is for the FL5 because the memo subject only addresses 2023 Civic Type R - Driver's seat ...

Didn't say Civic or Honda in general which may include other models, this memo is only out for the Type R and apparently 79 units were sold here already

I think there are may be 2 max 3 people from canada that received their FL5 that have been posting online either fb or on this forum

the rest are ghosts... I really thought Canada only got 18 cars so far
That's actually a surprising number. Are there that many more owners not on the forum? Ghosts indeed!

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
That's actually a surprising number. Are there that many more owners not on the forum? Ghosts indeed!
That's actually not a surprising number
I've had more than 8 cars/chances to purchase if I'm willing to pay 80k+

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Right, and the other 71?? If they're all being marked up, complaining about ADM would be more pronounced.

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Right, and the other 71?? If they're all being marked up, complaining about ADM would be more pronounced.
That's 79 under vin # 6xx
The 8 units that I came thru 3 or 4 of them are higher than vin# 6xx

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Well, I am one of the lucky ones in Ontario that got a car in November and my VIN is in the single digits so I assume my car is affected. Funny enough I havenā€™t had the rattle issues. I thought there was a noise issue a month or so ago but turns out my plastic garage door opener clipped to my sun visor was vibrating, lol. Sorry I havenā€™t posted more, been busy with a house move and work. I hope more cars come to Canada soon so more people can get a car.

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Mentioned the recall to my dealer, he said he didn't receive any word or updates regarding it yet. This wait time is kind of entertaining anyway lmao

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Mentioned the recall to my dealer, he said he didn't receive any word or updates regarding it yet. This wait time is kind of entertaining anyway lmao
If your vin # is over 6xx digit at the last 3 digit, you shouldnā€™t be worry
According to our friend from the states, so far vin # end before 6xx is affected, after that there is no recall

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
If your vin # is over 6xx digit at the last 3 digit, you shouldnā€™t be worry
According to our friend from the states, so far vin # end before 6xx is affected, after that there is no recall
haha unfortunately I don't have a VIN yet, same boat as most in Canada lol. Just waiting for delivery

andyz

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I'm currently the 3rd at Westwood, the deposit has been sitting there since April 2022... sigh

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
That's actually not a surprising number
I've had more than 8 cars/chances to purchase if I'm willing to pay 80k+
i think we only saw 2 cars in BC being sold as used by dealers for 70k+ everyone else either was told cars sold out or dealer not getting as many and the few we know off that got theirs weren't in it to flip...are you talking about the US or Canada

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
i think we only saw 2 cars in BC being sold as used by dealers for 70k+ everyone else either was told cars sold out or dealer not getting as many and the few we know off that got theirs weren't in it to flip...are you talking about the US or Canada
Canada, not the states.

FL5CW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Well, I am one of the lucky ones in Ontario that got a car in November and my VIN is in the single digits so I assume my car is affected. Funny enough I havenā€™t had the rattle issues. I thought there was a noise issue a month or so ago but turns out my plastic garage door opener clipped to my sun visor was vibrating, lol. Sorry I havenā€™t posted more, been busy with a house move and work. I hope more cars come to Canada soon so more people can get a car.
Same. I was out grocery shopping with mine yesterday.

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want IMG_7186
Sponsored