• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MY 2024? Changes

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Good question. I have never purchased a car out of state. The process seems like a major headache. :dunno:
Not really at all, my last two cars were from out of state - the first one was invisible to me, the dealer dealt with everything and it was functionally like I bought in state. I got a proper plate in the mail after a few weeks. The FL5 was a bit more work as the selling dealer wouldn't wrap the taxes into the sale and I had to handle getting the (permanent) tags myself but even then it wasn't more than an extra hour of time. Bearing in mind Florida has no inspections or emissions to deal with so buying a car is pretty simple here.
Sponsored

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Iā€™ve had one car with folding mirrors and cannot fathom a practical use for it in the USA. I used it once and laughed at the absurdity.

Unless you have a gigantic SUV that will not fit width-wise in your garage without folding mirrors, they are most pointless thing ever to me.

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
I currently have a Honda designed product with folding mirrors standard and have enjoyed them more than I imagined. As suggested above, parking in the garage, itā€™s much easier walking around the car without the mirrors out (depends on garage size, whatā€™s next to the car, etc). The other nice thing, they fold in when you lock the car. Itā€™s one of the few constant external visual indicators the car is locked if youā€™re walking away and canā€™t remember if you locked it or not. That may sound silly, just tossing it out there.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Folding mirrors necessary? Definitely not. Nice to have in some cases? Sure.

Auto-dimming mirror should be MUCH higher on the list of things they should update (without encroaching on the ITSā€™s ā€œluxuryā€ amenities territory nor the ITSā€™s price tag). I donā€™t think anyone here would argue that one.šŸ¤£

Andromedas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have any new updates on how long they will produce the FL5? Last I heard was 2025

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
It's probably going to be no changes until the LE.
2017-2019 FK8 = all the same
2020 - 2021 FK8 to Life Cycle Update = improvements.

FL5 is 2023-2025 production. Since they are all being sold immediately it doesn't look like there will be a life cycle update. Hope for the LE.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
It's probably going to be no changes until the LE.
2017-2019 FK8 = all the same
2020 - 2021 FK8 to Life Cycle Update = improvements.

FL5 is 2023-2025 production. Since they are all being sold immediately it doesn't look like there will be a life cycle update. Hope for the LE.
Yep. Not sure if 2025 is the confirmed final production year for all regions, but Iā€™ve seen that info tossed around. Iā€™ve also seen where Honda said they were going to extend production (possibly) 2 more yearsā€¦but, I think that was only to meet demand for Japan (IF they decide to do it)? In other wordsā€¦we need a statement from Honda about this (for N. America at least), so most of us can properly continue our speculations.šŸ¤£

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
Yep. Not sure if 2025 is the confirmed final production year for all regions, but Iā€™ve seen that info tossed around. Iā€™ve also seen where Honda said they were going to extend production (possibly) 2 more yearsā€¦but, I think that was only to meet demand for Japan (IF they decide to do it)? In other wordsā€¦we need a statement from Honda about this (for N. America at least), so most of us can properly continue our speculations.šŸ¤£

Because some guy off YouTube that has no affiliation with Honda said so. šŸ˜‚

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Because some guy off YouTube that has no affiliation with Honda said so. šŸ˜‚
Because he heard from his uncleā€™s 2nd cousin, who was an engineer on the Honda Asimo robot in 2017, said so. šŸ˜‚

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I currently have a Honda designed product with folding mirrors standard and have enjoyed them more than I imagined. As suggested above, parking in the garage, itā€™s much easier walking around the car without the mirrors out (depends on garage size, whatā€™s next to the car, etc). The other nice thing, they fold in when you lock the car. Itā€™s one of the few constant external visual indicators the car is locked if youā€™re walking away and canā€™t remember if you locked it or not. That may sound silly, just tossing it out there.
Totally agree, my Focus has them and I like the feature. Not a must have or anything, but even in the US people bump into mirrors in crowded parking lots.

Gansan

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 NSX, 2024 Civic Type R
The car will probably get 'softer' over the years, minor suspension revisions is what I'd expect.
I agree. Consider all the complaints by everyone about the car being too stiff for many tracks. It seems possible to me that American Honda will ask that the suspension be dialed back slightly, perhaps closer but not quite to the DE5.

Some examples of other cars that Honda softened because we Americans want softer:

AP2 S2000 (Softer rear than AP1 because we were spinning out all the time :p)
NA2 NSX (Targa + soft suspension became the default)
FK8 CTR (Revised suspension with faster update rate became even softer in comfort mode)

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I agree. Consider all the complaints by everyone about the car being too stiff for many tracks. It seems possible to me that American Honda will ask that the suspension be dialed back slightly, perhaps closer but not quite to the DE5.

Some examples of other cars that Honda softened because we Americans want softer:

AP2 S2000 (Softer rear than AP1 because we were spinning out all the time :p)
NA2 NSX (Targa + soft suspension became the default)
FK8 CTR (Revised suspension with faster update rate became even softer in comfort mode)
Yes, I mean how can I eat my burger while driving with a stiff suspension that's bouncing me around a bit? My Big Gulp can spill on those seats more easily too. Thank you Honda for putting in a leather steering wheel for us Americans - I wouldn't want my greasy hands on the Alcantara.

Last edited:

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Iā€™ve had one car with folding mirrors and cannot fathom a practical use for it in the USA. I used it once and laughed at the absurdity.

Unless you have a gigantic SUV that will not fit width-wise in your garage without folding mirrors, they are most pointless thing ever to me.
I do a lot of street parking in the city I am in. Folding mirrors are nice to avoid getting your mirrors being tagged by moving cars, bicyclists, etc which happens more than you would think. Also nice for a little extra space around the car when parked in my garage.

Is it necessary? No. I would rather have folding mirrors than something like blind spot indicators/alerts, lane keep assist or some of the other nanny systems.

Folding side mirrors and auto-dim rearview mirror are about the only things missing from the car that I would like.
Sponsored