• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info! Maybe Hondata or some tuner can replicate/improve it for the CTR.
To clarify, the hardware can exacerbate (i.e., straight pipe exhaust vs stock) the audible throttle overrun sounds; however, hardware alone won't provide that effect.
Sponsored

I used to vtec

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic SI
I like it, but not enough to prefer it over the CTR. I was hoping it would be a slam dunk and I could move on from sitting on a CTR waitlist. I like the upgrades it has w/ the sound system and exhaust, but I don't understand why they designed fenders that look tacked-on without actually being tacked on. They really detract from the look IMO. But the biggest detraction for me is the seats. The CTR nailed the seats perfectly. These just don't do it for me.

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
I like it, but not enough to prefer it over the CTR. I was hoping it would be a slam dunk and I could move on from sitting on a CTR waitlist. I like the upgrades it has w/ the sound system and exhaust, but I don't understand why they designed fenders that look tacked-on without actually being tacked on. They really detract from the look IMO. But the biggest detraction for me is the seats. The CTR nailed the seats perfectly. These just don't do it for me.
The rears are tacked on. Probably due to lack of economies of scale - the rear fender is a huge stamping and the ITS is pretty much an NA-only car?

The front fenders are one-piece but made to match the rear. It would look weird otherwise.

The lack of economies of scale can also be seen in the interior. Looks like a unique seat frame was deemed cost prohibitive. It shares the seat frame with the base car.

Regardless, I like the car and hope it will provide some ADM relief for the US market.

Last edited:

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Can anyone confirm if the type S comes w front or rear parking sensors? Also what about a heated steering wheel? Can't seem to confirm based on the press release.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I really like the front but do not like rear. The black part of the bumper and diffuser is too bottom heavy IMO.

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
Yes parking sensors front and rear. No heated wheel.
Is that just part of the 'AcuraWatch' system that's noted? No idea if they have multiple tiers of it as they list Blind Spot / Cross Traffic Monitoring separately.

Ultimately this becomes likely an easier to get and marginally more refined CTR for 30 lbs net difference. Since I believe the Integra Type S is designated for the North American market primarily so it just creates another outlet to get the same performance as the CTR as it seems the only performance difference will be slightly different spring and damper setups which is easily changed in the aftermarket if so inclined and +R isn't really streetable or really usable at most tracks anyway. Price wise it's going to be the same if not cheaper than the CTR in general out the door pricing at least for the near future. With the car stated to go on sale in June, MSRP's, not that many will get that pricing, will be out soon enough.

One major difference between the CTR and the ITS is the front bumper and venting. The ITS never had the sides of the front bumper taped over so likely something functional behind there while the CTR has no side openings - The area looks to be a good 3-4x the size of the CTR brake duct so wonder if there's something else there, if anything gives another airflow path to put in a larger transmission cooler or something if it's found to need one.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
H
Yes parking sensors front and rear. No heated wheel.
Heated steering wheel is probably a dealer added accessory

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I wonder if it's possible to put the Integra Type S exhaust on the CTR for the "pops and bangs". It's a little dumb that the CTR didn't get exhaust upgrade the Integra has.
I'd reserve the judgement about the exhaust until we start seeing reviews pop up. We only know that its supposed to be an upgrade because thats what they are saying in the press release which is just marketing and hype for the car honestly

Last edited:

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 civic
Looks wise, this is definitely better than the CTR. Especially the headlights and the entire rear. Interior is definitely an upgrade except I would have preferred bucket seats from the CTR.

Definitely looking at this over the R at a not insane MSRP from Honda.

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITS, C8 Z06; great pairing
Like the mature look, but the price point is likely to compete with several German competitors that yield better performances yet have the same practicality. It’s a segment that Lexus / Infiniti and American auto makers are no longer competing. I admire Honda’s aspiration to revive the brand, but the time has changed. Hopefully it will sell well, but I have a dim outlook if msrp is over 50k and otd is 60k.
to me the best "do everything with a manual" might still be the M3. love the new front fascia or hate it ... it's really fast, nice interior, can be used at the track and has enough space for a family of 4. no hatch but .. meh. the M3 is really the car i'm debating compared to the ITS/CTR because that's the only other really fun daily driver that fits the sporty/track/family bill for me. M3 is going to be $75k+++ so way more than the ITS.

I agree that if OTD is $60k+ that will be a problem. OTD should be $50K and change. I'll get the coveted tax credit for a traded Si so it'll lower my taxes ... weeeeee! haha. This thing approaches $60k and the value proposition definitely goes out the window and i'll just stick with my Si. If it were my only car and it was the sportiest thing in the garage i'd still consider it. as a fun commuter to live alongside another sports car.... tough sell as that price balloons over $50k. should know in a day or couple huh?