• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best Type R exhaust mods for FL5

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Even the ones with valves? Assuming at open, it sounds the same as the ones without it?

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Even the ones with valves? Assuming at open, it sounds the same as the ones without it?
pull up a video of the Borla, AWE, Militek, Apexi, Magnaflow and listen to them one after the other, the actual tone of the exhaust sounds pretty much the same, noise levels and rasp differ but not much else.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
I have listened to just about every exhaust clip on this forum and on YouTube. Even the 5Zigen and Rosso Modello. Not back to back but they did sound rather the same. And I started questioning my own hearing whether it’s going or not.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

Doskiller

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R FL5
These are quite loud, its pretty much a straight pipe so excellent flow though.

Check out an FK8 video and that's pretty much what it sounds like.
Yeah man ........ just got through watching it. It's gonna have some volume for sure ......... ;-)

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 CW CTR
What about this system? Anyone heard it yet? Massive weight savings ...............

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/..._Page=12&Sort_By=disp_order&mc_cid=95ba1fbcd4
Dual looks decent but it's prob insanely loud.

Looks like this is brand new

Second edit, this is actually not the legit Japanese Tomei brand also
11th Gen Honda Civic Best Type R exhaust mods for FL5 NEW%2BLOGO%2BWEB%2BQUALITY

MenuIndexGT-R for saleRB26basicsadvancedturbosvehicle importR32? R32 GT-R Buyers Guide? R32 Skyline GT-R Specs? Group AR33? R33 GT-R Buyers GuideR34? Buy And Store R34R35More? Transmission? GT-R Toys? Show Or Display? Motorex? Fast And Furious Skyline

Tomei is not Tomei - Tomei USA vs Tomei Japan - Caution!
By Sean Morris April 18, 2021 camshaft, Featured, headgasket, RB26, Tomei

I like Tomei parts. They make some of the best hard parts out there. However, and this is a big however, what you are buying as Tomei parts, may not actually be parts made and authorized by Tomei in Japan.

11th Gen Honda Civic Best Type R exhaust mods for FL5 NEW%2BLOGO%2BWEB%2BQUALITY
Tomei Japan headgasket. Notice logo. These are good.
The more I am seeing and hearing issues about the Tomei USA parts, the more I realize I need to bring it to peoples attention. Several times recently I have heard about people snapping camshafts in half, and headgaskets pushing water at first startup.

Just recently my friends at Z-Car Garage had it happen on a customers car. They got what they thought was a Tomei Japan headgasket, and it was a Tomei USA part. The thing never sealed, and it pissed water all out. Z-Car Garage and Rob are professionals, and have been working on the RB as long as I have. They build race cars, but crappy parts are crappy parts. They didn't even realize there was a difference. Most people don't even realize there is a difference.

In my 20+ years of dealing with the RB, I have never had a Tomei Japan headgasket issue. Just recently I have heard of at least three people with Tomei USA headgasket issues.

Tomei USA Logo. If your parts have this logo, use caution

Camshafts, I wrote most of the issues I heard of, to people not paying attention to the down lobes in the camshafts, then loosening them up, or tightening them down wrong. Over the years, I know many people that "had the cam fall off the bench". At least what they told me about a cam that was broken in half. But in the end when I hear its a Tomei USA cam, and it breaks, I have to say its probably a subpar part.

Tomei USA headgasket. Notice Logo. If you have this headgasket, use caution
Thank you very much for your continued support

As we have already announced, the original products of Tomei Powered USA Inc. starting with “T” in their part numbers are not designed, supervised, tested, manufactured or quality checked by us Tomei Powered Inc.

Now from March 2019, everything not only the “T” items Tomei Powered USA Inc. sells is their original product which is not from us Tomei Powered Inc. since the license contract we made with Tomei Powered USA Inc. has now expired as of the 28th of February 2019.

Please be advised we do not take any responsibility and we are not liable for any damage or loss through use of the original products of Tomei Powered USA Inc.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and much appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Last edited:

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R BB #5515
I saw this posted recently and I actually really like how it sounds. Planning on getting a quote for the work this week