• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
If my dealer or another Honda dealership will work on Hondata flashed cars, I probably will do it as well. About how long does it take a professional to take out and then reinstall the ECU ? And also you would need the Flash Pro if you decide to change the settings from 91 to 93 octane at sometime in the future, is that correct?
Thank You
I'd say less than 15 minutes to remove or re-install the ECU pretty easily.

Yes you would need the FlashPro unit to reflash the ECU to change the tune.
Sponsored

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I'd say less than 15 minutes to remove or re-install the ECU pretty easily.

Yes you would need the FlashPro unit to reflash the ECU to change the tune.
Thank You. I discussed it with the service manager at my dealership. Now the question is since 91 octane is more widely available where I live, is it worth doing it for just a little bit of power ? If 93 were around? Then I would definitely do it. Does it take long with the flash pro to change from 91 to 93 if you can find it, and can you do it on a IPad or IPhone. Thank You for letting me ask a bunch of questions!

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Thank You. I discussed it with the service manager at my dealership. Now the question is since 91 octane is more widely available where I live, is it worth doing it for just a little bit of power ? If 93 were around? Then I would definitely do it. Does it take long with the flash pro to change from 91 to 93 if you can find it, and can you do it on a IPad or IPhone. Thank You for letting me ask a bunch of questions!
Even with a 91 octane tune you would notice a significant difference and I believe it would be well worth it. The time to flash between tunes takes about 10 minutes and you would typically use a laptop paired with the FlashPro device to accomplish this.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Why does rev hang exist to begin with?
Emissions. The ECU continues to fire the injectors after throttle lift off to reduce cylinder temperatures and nitrous oxides.

We've added another rev hang setting.
11th Gen Honda Civic Hondata FL5 FlashPro released 1682627738096

Rev hang race more aggressively closes the throttle and disables an overboost error.

Last edited:

HONDANB

First Name
JOHN DOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NEEDED
Anyone know if the second O2 sensor can be disabled to avoid cel code with this FL5 version??? If not mistaken I think it could be done for the FK8 version

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
Hondata’s going on a Jailbreak tour for all you guys that would prefer to not have your PCM shipped.

IMG_9485.jpeg
any info on what other cities will be a part of the jailbreak tour?

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
for the FL5? I knew they did FK8's
I specifically asked about the 2023 Type-R, and Chris B. from First Texas Honda wrote back that they can jailbreak the ECU at the dealership. I'm trying to get clarification from them to double & trip-check that they can do that on the FL5.

Update - I called Chris at First Texas Honda, and they CANNOT jailbreak the FL5 ECU at the dealership (yet), unfortunately.

Last edited:

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
@Hondata are there any plans to release a 92 octane flash in the future? 93 isn't available in my area and would be great to have it as an option. I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered already.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
@Hondata are there any plans to release a 92 octane flash in the future? 93 isn't available in my area and would be great to have it as an option. I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered already.
There are no plans to release a 92 octane tune. You could try the 93 octane tune and monitor the knock retard on the datalog or Hondata app. The ECU will automatically adjusts for a lower octane fuel.

Splice247

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Type R
Anyone know if the second O2 sensor can be disabled to avoid cel code with this FL5 version??? If not mistaken I think it could be done for the FK8 version
Almost any Cel code can be disabled from their extensive list. Download Flashpro manager and have a look yourself, it's free and you don't need a Flashpro or car to play with the calibration.