• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Random thoughts of a 4 month owner...

clustr1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - Boost Blue
As someone who has wanted a performance car since he was a kid (born in 1985, lusted after the Eclipse all my childhood), I have never had the luxury. For years I've always done the "smart," boring thing and bought or leased cheap cars. Finally though, while watching the manual-ICE countdown clock tick closer to zero and with well timed savings in hand, I made the plunge and got the FL5.

I cannot stress how good of a decision getting the FL5 was. Driving this car is an absolute joy. I feel lucky every time sit down and I don't see that feeling going away anytime soon. What a thing.

Not that it is possible, but damn I'd love to buy the folks that made this car a beer.
Sponsored

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITS, C8 Z06; great pairing
manual-ICE is certainly counting down. I'm so glad you got a car that you're really enjoying! i know that feeling and it's a good one! don't ever sell it and have fun!

OP
OP
clustr1

clustr1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 - Boost Blue
manual-ICE is certainly counting down. I'm so glad you got a car that you're really enjoying! i know that feeling and it's a good one! don't ever sell it and have fun!
Thanks, I certainly will!

Hopefully there are many, many years left on the countdown, but who knows.

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
I haven't gone for random midnight rides since I had my AP1 more than 20 years ago.
I find the urge to just drive constantly.

sfedai0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 civic
Thats what Im hoping to feel after I sold my ITR and AP2. Every time I get in and get to row those gears with that amazing Honda tranny, I get excited all over again. The only thing I feel I'll miss is the NA VTEC.

Bobbymcbobby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R Championship White
Hopefully that new synthetic gasoline porsche is developing takes off!

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
I am still young and this is my first new car experience, but the reason I bought this car was the same: manual-ICE. With electric cars taking over at an alarming pace, didn't want to miss the opportunity of owning a dying breed. Best decision ever. If I had waited to let's say, cross 25/buy a house/get settled I probably wouldn't have gotten this car with the limited numbers it's being made in. Every time I take it out for a drive it makes me happy. I play Forza on my PC with a steering wheel, pedal, and shifter set but now I find that not as enjoyable as before, because I've got an actual manual car (and a sweet shifting one at that) which makes me feel like I'm playing Forza in real life (in adherence with the laws of course).

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
Thats what Im hoping to feel after I sold my ITR and AP2. Every time I get in and get to row those gears with that amazing Honda tranny, I get excited all over again. The only thing I feel I'll miss is the NA VTEC.
definitely miss redlining at 9k haha

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I've just passed 5 months with almost 2400 miles...and no doubt, it's special every time I drive this thing. Even when just driving 10 blocks to pick up Chinese take out is a special thing. Especially after lowering the car... :drool: Good Times :dance:

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
The best part is getting into the CTR after a hard day of work and being treated to the special interior. Even when just commuting the car is so nimble and responsive it makes it enjoyable even if you're not going all out. The power delivery is perfect too and just enough to squeeze through traffic without being a handful.
Sponsored