• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

The FL5 Dealer ADM Markup Thread

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
I paid for the accessories which most I would have gotten anyway. So I don’t see it as a markup. The 2019 CTR i drive now was MSRP and could have taken it home for that but with the additional accessories it was about the same amount. If you want to pay MSRP only you will find one sooner or later. I don’t see it worth the wait as it is close to what I would have expected anyway. So to each individual should make their decision on what is best for them. This was best for me.
Sponsored

jashton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Food for thought.

Whats interesting on the ADM topic is people are not willing to do the work to find an MSRP deal or lower ADM - However, they are willing to compromise by buying a completely different car. What’s the value on settling?

For me, there’s no comparable car since I wouldn’t buy a GR Corolla, Golf R, or Elantra N. I’m coming from a GT350R and wanted something that looks good, fits the family, and can handle track duties without adding a bunch of different cooling upgrades. Looks are subjective but are a huge part of my decision making.

If you buy almost any other vehicle at MSRP, that isn’t limited in production, you’re going to take a loss that is similar to a small ADM on the back end. IE: 3-5k or possibly more.

If you plan to keep the car, it’s worth putting the extra work in. I’ve found ALL manufacturers have the exact same problem with speciality cars and NONE of them care about your loyalty, purchase history, or any stories for that matter. That comes down to the dealer and in Florida they DGAF about the consumer.

I’ve dealt with the same issues with Ford, Honda, Chevrolet and Toyota. They are all the same. It’s a huge turnoff with every brand.

There’s a big chance things continue to turn around within the next year plus and dealers will be begging for business. The issue is the lower production cars are going to always command a premium to other vehicles. That premium could be buying it at MSRP while another vehicle is 5-8k under.

I personally put a huge value on color and that made my search even more difficult. I wouldn’t take a color I didn’t want for MSRP and that limited my search even more. The Type R fortunately doesn’t look bad in any color IMO, but there was a value to get exactly what I wanted.

I also sold my car first, despite not needing to, which was over a 5k swing - even with tax savings. Trades almost always break a deal for me so is something else you can consider exploring. This is obviously tougher if you only have one vehicle.

My point is to be patient and put in some work if you want the car. It’s very unlikely that somebody is going to drop one in your lap for MSRP with current demand.

Buying something else isn’t going to be the same as buying the Type R. There’s a reason you see guys that are putting these in their garage next to some very high end vehicles or in my case “downgrading” from a GT350R and M2 Competition.

To add some further insight, there are plenty of dealers sitting on allocations at 10k over. With the third wave incoming, things are only going to get better.

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Food for thought.

Whats interesting on the ADM topic is people are not willing to do the work to find an MSRP deal or lower ADM - However, they are willing to compromise by buying a completely different car. What’s the value on settling?

For me, there’s no comparable car since I wouldn’t buy a GR Corolla, Golf R, or Elantra N. I’m coming from a GT350R and wanted something that looks good, fits the family, and can handle track duties without adding a bunch of different cooling upgrades. Looks are subjective but are a huge part of my decision making.

If you buy almost any other vehicle at MSRP, that isn’t limited in production, you’re going to take a loss that is similar to a small ADM on the back end. IE: 3-5k or possibly more.

If you plan to keep the car, it’s worth putting the extra work in. I’ve found ALL manufacturers have the exact same problem with speciality cars and NONE of them care about your loyalty, purchase history, or any stories for that matter. That comes down to the dealer and in Florida they DGAF about the consumer.

I’ve dealt with the same issues with Ford, Honda, Chevrolet and Toyota. They are all the same. It’s a huge turnoff with every brand.

There’s a big chance things continue to turn around within the next year plus and dealers will be begging for business. The issue is the lower production cars are going to always command a premium to other vehicles. That premium could be buying it at MSRP while another vehicle is 5-8k under.

I personally put a huge value on color and that made my search even more difficult. I wouldn’t take a color I didn’t want for MSRP and that limited my search even more. The Type R fortunately doesn’t look bad in any color IMO, but there was a value to get exactly what I wanted.

I also sold my car first, despite not needing to, which was over a 5k swing - even with tax savings. Trades almost always break a deal for me so is something else you can consider exploring. This is obviously tougher if you only have one vehicle.

My point is to be patient and put in some work if you want the car. It’s very unlikely that somebody is going to drop one in your lap for MSRP with current demand.

Buying something else isn’t going to be the same as buying the Type R. There’s a reason you see guys that are putting these in their garage next to some very high end vehicles or in my case “downgrading” from a GT350R and M2 Competition.

To add some further insight, there are plenty of dealers sitting on allocations at 10k over. With the third wave incoming, things are only going to get better.

Putting in the work to find this deal costs time. How I value that time and money very well maybe different than how you do.

For every person who isn't willing to bend to another make or car there is someone else who is.

Looking at losing 3-5k on a new car purchase only matters if you are parting ways with a vehicle you just purchased. It's hard for me to follow your logic with that.

The drop in value is because a dealer pays X for a vehicle. For you to sell it back to a dealer... It has to make sense for the dealer to buy it. For you to private sell the vehicle, it has to make sense to the buyer to to pay what you want. What is their incentive if they can get it from a dealer?

jashton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Putting in the work to find this deal costs time. How I value that time and money very well maybe different than how you do.

For every person who isn't willing to bend to another make or car there is someone else who is.

Looking at losing 3-5k on a new car purchase only matters if you are parting ways with a vehicle you just purchased. It's hard for me to follow your logic with that.

The drop in value is because a dealer pays X for a vehicle. For you to sell it back to a dealer... It has to make sense for the dealer to buy it. For you to private sell the vehicle, it has to make sense to the buyer to to pay what you want. What is their incentive if they can get it from a dealer?
I didn’t say otherwise, if your time is more valuable paying a small ADM shouldn’t matter at all. You can’t have it both ways. I could’ve paid a 20k ADM, but worked for the number I wanted to pay. My time is worth more than haggling with dealers, but I enjoy the hunt and wanted the car at what I felt was a fair price.

If you’re willing to “bend” to another vehicle then you don’t want the car enough or lack patience is my point. Again, any specialty limited production vehicle is going to command a premium vs other vehicles. This is never going to change.

Losing 3-5k applies whenever you sell that vehicle - the only time it wouldn’t is if you kept the car forever. If you purchase a brand new BMW M2 and drive that car 15,000 miles and sell it in 5 years you are going to take a much smaller loss than buying a normal 2 or 3 series in the identical scenario. This is almost always the case with any high demand, low production vehicle that people want.

I have no idea what you are saying in your last paragraph.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Food for thought.

I wouldn't say that. there are people who still are on the hunt that aren't willing to compromise. I agree with your comment about downgrading, as I was in the same situation. The FK8 honestly wasn't even on my radar when I was shopping around for a GT350. I only started seriously considering getting one afterwards to replace my daily driver. Even with a $20k markup there wasn't anything that interested me, the cars that I really wanted like a GT500, M5, E63, or 718 GT4 are all +$100k. Looks are subjective and they played into my decision as well and the FL5 CTR was the perfect option. When I saw the prototype it got me hyped and I knew thats the car I wanted to get next.

I imagine those or at least the majority of those who buy a completely different car come at it from a different perspective. They are simply looking to upgrade, and tbh I don't blame them. Getting a C7 or Hellcat/ZL1/Mustang all are enticing options considering they are all within the budget of the CTR (with markups), and can offer a more fun experiecne. Like I said, I wasn't even considering getting a CTR when I wanted to upgrade. I never was a Honda Fanboy, always was a muscle car guy

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
What type of accessories do people even get for 9k? All I'm aware of is the 5k CF wing, everything else is like $2-500

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
What type of accessories do people even get for 9k? All I'm aware of is the 5k CF wing, everything else is like $2-500
CF wing is 2k
Forged wheels are 3k

Idk how they got up to 9k of accs

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
Performance package 5,377, interior package 1,206, seat back protectors 133, body side molding 296, door edge guards 299, trunk tray 199, wheel locks 149, all weather mats 199, rear bumper protector 108.50.

Now the stuff that are over priced or not needed, nitrogen 199, tinted windows 699, lumar door cups 299. The nitrogen, lumar door cups are over priced by 450. The tinted windows should be about 400 less. So they got over on me for about 850. all of the other parts are the installed price and i get the parts taken off. So I'll end up with a set of winter and summer tires. All in all i'm good with this. My first car when I was 16 was a 1964 GTO. I turned 70 so now i'm not much for hesitation. The only reason I'm moving into a newer type r for the safety features the 2019 doesen't.

Mathman

First Name
Jad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt and a Vespa
Made an account because I inquired about a local Type R.
Legends Honda, Kansas City,KS.
5k markup, BUT raffle system and the car will sit at the dealer for a month.
The dealer in Lawrence got an allocation for a black Type R. $15,500 ADM plus $1,800 for nitrogen in the tires and door guards.

Mass

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
The dealer in Lawrence got an allocation for a black Type R. $15,500 ADM plus $1,800 for nitrogen in the tires and door guards.
Rich frat student is gonna scoop that up.

Mathman

First Name
Jad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt and a Vespa
Rich frat student is gonna scoop that up.
LOL, wouldn’t surprise me. All I know is I’m not paying anywhere near that. I didn’t even bother going back and forth, just told them I’m not interested.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Performance package 5,377, interior package 1,206, seat back protectors 133, body side molding 296, door edge guards 299, trunk tray 199, wheel locks 149, all weather mats 199, rear bumper protector 108.50.

Now the stuff that are over priced or not needed, nitrogen 199, tinted windows 699, lumar door cups 299. The nitrogen, lumar door cups are over priced by 450. The tinted windows should be about 400 less. So they got over on me for about 850. all of the other parts are the installed price and i get the parts taken off. So I'll end up with a set of winter and summer tires. All in all i'm good with this. My first car when I was 16 was a 1964 GTO. I turned 70 so now i'm not much for hesitation. The only reason I'm moving into a newer type r for the safety features the 2019 doesen't.
If you got both the forged wheels and the CF wing for $9k markup, that's a good deal IMO.

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
If you wanna drop $55k-$70k on a Civic that's on you. Some people think it's worth it, some don't. At the end of the day. It's not our problem on how others decide how to spend their money.
Agreed and thats my point. People that choose to pay the markup aren’t putting up with anything. They have the funds and make a decision to purchase. Those that don’t have the funds or wish to pay the markup great. Just stop bitching about it. If you can find a car, that you feel is worth it, great go spend your money.

ElDuder

First Name
El
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I wouldn't say that. there are people who still are on the hunt that aren't willing to compromise. I agree with your comment about downgrading, as I was in the same situation. The FK8 honestly wasn't even on my radar when I was shopping around for a GT350. I only started seriously considering getting one afterwards to replace my daily driver. Even with a $20k markup there wasn't anything that interested me, the cars that I really wanted like a GT500, M5, E63, or 718 GT4 are all +$100k. Looks are subjective and they played into my decision as well and the FL5 CTR was the perfect option. When I saw the prototype it got me hyped and I knew thats the car I wanted to get next.

I imagine those or at least the majority of those who buy a completely different car come at it from a different perspective. They are simply looking to upgrade, and tbh I don't blame them. Getting a C7 or Hellcat/ZL1/Mustang all are enticing options considering they are all within the budget of the CTR (with markups), and can offer a more fun experiecne. Like I said, I wasn't even considering getting a CTR when I wanted to upgrade. I never was a Honda Fanboy, always was a muscle car guy
The Type R is a capable car that checks all the boxes for daily duties. Along with bragging rights of owning a limited, new toy, those are the reasons people buy the Type R. It’s definitely not for an investment because there’s better cars to purchase for an investment.
Sponsored