• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

*The FL5 Track Junkie Thread*

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I need to order one in large then. I donā€™t want to be seen as trying too hard.
Stop eating before the event. Weight reductionšŸ˜‚. Also if you can log for me in the event I will be there to support you if you want to take your laptop with you.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Stop eating before the event. Weight reductionšŸ˜‚. Also if you can log for me in the event I will be there to support you if you want to take your laptop with you.
I will log but not sure I will be able to bring the laptop with me. I bought the laptop for my wife to use for work even though I needed to connect with Flashpro but she doesnā€™t need to know that.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I will log but not sure I will be able to bring the laptop with me. I bought the laptop for my wife to use for work even though I needed to connect with Flashpro but she doesnā€™t need to know that.
šŸ˜‚Itā€™s fine, itā€™s just in case we need to adjust anything. You can log the whole session with just the flashpro.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
11th Gen Honda Civic *The FL5 Track Junkie Thread* 9A06D472-409C-41DE-A905-6C73084EA96C

This car is unbelievably good on track. I took it to Summit Point this weekend to attempt to break the Time Trial Sport 3 lap record. Conditions were terrible all day Saturday. Light and heavy rain off and on kept the track wet until mid afternoon. Unfortunately the score Time Trial sessions were over before the track fully dried. I got out in the damp final session and ran a lap that was .003 seconds slower than the record. Damn it! Felt good though to know that witha dry track it should be doable. Fast forward to today. Forecast showed sunny and hot. Woke up at the track to super dense fog and puddles all over the paddock. Not great. The heavy fog delayed the start of the day and took away a couple of sessions that would have helped dry the track for the first timed run. Decided to go out on the drying track just to feel it out. After a few laps a dry-ish line was forming and pace was improving. Started to push and according to the built in lap timer I ran a 1:24.9 which was .6s below the record. Sweet! Kept pushing and was able to get a ā€œ1:23.9ā€. I was really happy to run a 23 but then when I got the official timing it ended up being a 24.5. Still enough to beat the current record by 1 second but not as cool as a 23. After a successful TT morning I took a few people for rides and may have helped make one or two more Honda believers haha.
11th Gen Honda Civic *The FL5 Track Junkie Thread* 1A74F91D-E616-45C5-8808-DDB3DDD9892C

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
9A06D472-409C-41DE-A905-6C73084EA96C.jpeg

This car is unbelievably good on track. I took it to Summit Point this weekend to attempt to break the Time Trial Sport 3 lap record. Conditions were terrible all day Saturday. Light and heavy rain off and on kept the track wet until mid afternoon. Unfortunately the score Time Trial sessions were over before the track fully dried. I got out in the damp final session and ran a lap that was .003 seconds slower than the record. Damn it! Felt good though to know that witha dry track it should be doable. Fast forward to today. Forecast showed sunny and hot. Woke up at the track to super dense fog and puddles all over the paddock. Not great. The heavy fog delayed the start of the day and took away a couple of sessions that would have helped dry the track for the first timed run. Decided to go out on the drying track just to feel it out. After a few laps a dry-ish line was forming and pace was improving. Started to push and according to the built in lap timer I ran a 1:24.9 which was .6s below the record. Sweet! Kept pushing and was able to get a ā€œ1:23.9ā€. I was really happy to run a 23 but then when I got the official timing it ended up being a 24.5. Still enough to beat the current record by 1 second but not as cool as a 23. After a successful TT morning I took a few people for rides and may have helped make one or two more Honda believers haha.
1A74F91D-E616-45C5-8808-DDB3DDD9892C.jpeg
POINT BY PATROL!

Club Version

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Championship White
Build Thread
Link
What pads and fluid are you running? Glad to hear no issues!
Iā€™ve been running Castrol SRF Brake Fluid and
Project MU Club Racer Brake Pads.

However, the Project MU pads overpower the OEM tires. The initial bite is very aggressive and will take some time getting used to. Once you go to stickier tires it will feel more like the OEM setup.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
What were you able to glean from the gauge you set up?
Two things- 1- I suck at looking at gauges haha. I had plans to check the two every lap and I did not. Maybe checked 2-3 times per session. 2- the factory gauge seems very accurate but maybe a little ahead of actual temps time wise? Like as the car is heating up it reads 10-20* warmer. When it stabilizes they were practically identical. Then on a cool down lap the factory readout cools down quicker than the gauge did. I think for my purpose the OE readout is trust worthy enough that Iā€™ll get the aftermarket gauge removed and hold off on installing the cooler for now.

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Video of my best lap:
Really clean lap!

I've noticed that Race Render seems to report back faster than actual lap times. I wonder how it would compare to a Garmin Catalyst.

I've watched some Race Render footage on YouTube for my home track and simply did not believe the reported time based on what I actually saw.
Sponsored