• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

*The FL5 Track Junkie Thread*

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Whelp...I didn't earn my slicks. I have a goal to hit a 2:10 before I allow myself to take that upgrade. I left a lot on the table in the Esses and South Bend. Rough weekend in general. A lot of bad luck had by all! This was simply the best I could do this go-round!

On a very positive note! Look at the top speed I was able to hit on the back straight with Jester's tune! Significant improvement over factory!

Sponsored

BigBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Whelp...I didn't earn my slicks. I have a goal to hit a 2:10 before I allow myself to take that upgrade. I left a lot on the table in the Esses and South Bend. Rough weekend in general. A lot of bad luck had by all! This was simply the best I could do this go-round!

On a very positive note! Look at the top speed I was able to hit on the back straight with Jester's tune! Significant improvement over factory!

it happens. still a solid lap.

Did you get tuned? were you still on the NT01?

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
it happens. still a solid lap.

Did you get tuned? were you still on the NT01?
I was running Jester's track tune with the NT01's. Not my best driving admittedly. Pinched nerve in my neck had me feeling like I was being stabbed in every corner!

Sooner1

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR BB, 2015 Audi A3, 2023 CRV Touring Hybrid
Any track people in/near Kansas City? I am looking to do a few track days this summer at Ozark International Raceway and/or Hedge Hollow - both new to the KC area.

It looks like NASA, PSI Motorsports, PCA and Chin all do HPDE at these two tracks. Are there any major differences between these 4 organizations in terms of how they run events? Why choose one organizer over another?

Also, Raceway Park of the Midlands (AKA Mid-America Motorplex, AKA I-29 Speedway) just south of Omaha used to have open track days 5-6 Saturdays a year but it does not look like they have any listed. Could just be a bit early in the season but anyone know if they are planning on continuing to do these? I did one last October and it was like half the cost of the event run by NASA, PSI Motorsports, PCA or Chin.

RacingIsLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 FL5, '23 BRZ, '15 EVO GSR, '15 Forester XT
Any track people in/near Kansas City? I am looking to do a few track days this summer at Ozark International Raceway and/or Hedge Hollow - both new to the KC area.

It looks like NASA, PSI Motorsports, PCA and Chin all do HPDE at these two tracks. Are there any major differences between these 4 organizations in terms of how they run events? Why choose one organizer over another?

Also, Raceway Park of the Midlands (AKA Mid-America Motorplex, AKA I-29 Speedway) just south of Omaha used to have open track days 5-6 Saturdays a year but it does not look like they have any listed. Could just be a bit early in the season but anyone know if they are planning on continuing to do these? I did one last October and it was like half the cost of the event run by NASA, PSI Motorsports, PCA or Chin.
Yeah Ozark is a world class track. Such a challenging track, it will expose any weakness you and your car has. I've ran there with NASA and CHIN. With NASA they gear you towards their time trial and wheel to wheel racing, so you will have drills, you need to report to the group instructor after each run group (even in the advanced group), etc. Its more structured, some people like that, some people don't. Chin is CHILL AF. Lots of track time (30 minute sessions and then an hour happy hour at the end). If you want a test of an endurance session, Chin is your ticket.

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I don't hide anything from you guys. Here's a full session, with a sweet money shift towards the end. Mistakes happen, and there are ZERO drivers here that have not had a shifting mishap in their lives. Either way the car is fine, no check engine light, and lived to fight another day!

M17S

First Name
Mits
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Hi, I’m on a 4 track tour in South Island New Zealand. Final track today with my FL5, got the orange explanation light pop up after a few hot laps. It went away after a quick stop. Have you experienced this and do you know what it means? Im thinking either brakes got too hot, or warning sign that pads running low. I’m running stock pads and cars done 4,000 kms.

yeaitsahonda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Type R
Hi, I’m on a 4 track tour in South Island New Zealand. Final track today with my FL5, got the orange explanation light pop up after a few hot laps. It went away after a quick stop. Have you experienced this and do you know what it means? Im thinking either brakes got too hot, or warning sign that pads running low. I’m running stock pads and cars done 4,000 kms.
Was it the orange "Brake System" light or something different?

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link

M17S

First Name
Mits
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Thanks for confirming. Yes I think they got a good hammering. I had an ex F1 driver giving me some coaching :)

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Thanks for confirming. Yes I think they got a good hammering. I had an ex F1 driver giving me some coaching :)
Pictures or it didn’t happen.

OP
OP
PointByPatrol

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
New PB at VIR, and finally got into the range of my goal! Some "red mist" involved for sure!