• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

UPDATE! Allocation issues - 23 CW

Trilly_Loomis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Passport
Hey yall! So I had no clue where to post this but I know maybe Aspec can help since he is dealer knowledgeable but wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience as I have been on here for over a year waiting for my car and not seen one similar issue. Skip to bottom for short edit

So my allocation popped on the tracker on 08/09 I am in Illinois and so is the dealer. All the cars in that batch arrived and I was still waiting with an est. 09/18-09/22 and nothing. Went back and forth and finally today I said there’s a bunch sitting and idk if I’m feeling this. Next thing I know my sales guy calls and said it’s on the truck and might even pop tonight. Sure enough 5 hours later I get a pic of it on the truck getting unloaded and I’m like ok cool. I didn’t respond to the text right away and then I get a call and this is where I need help.

Sales guy says one tire was a little low on pressure but they will fill it. Then he says “so I need to be transparent” and proceeds to tell me that the air compressor kit is missing from the trunk and so are the Red type R mats that come with it. But that’s not all, then he proceeds to tell me that there’s only 1 key fob and not 2. But have no fear. They will order all the parts and ship them to me since I’m 3 hours away.

sorry for the long post but if you’re still here I’m not feeling comfortable with all that seems very strange and I feel like with how long I waited this is kinda bull. Anyone share your thoughts. Thanks!

Short edit: car has low tire, missing compressor kit, missing floor mats, missing 2nd key fob. Bad idea?
Sponsored

VWGUY

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
My car only came with one key. After two months of hassling the dealer, I received a second key. All of those things can be replaced. As long as you can get the dealer to put in writing that they will replace all of the missing items, I don’t think it is worth walking away from.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Odd indeed, but I wouldn't run from this car just yet. I suggest looking it over very carefully to determine if you want to move forward. If after inspecting the car you decide to proceed, request the dealership provide the following:
  1. A written agreement to order the missing items.
  2. Order confirmation of the items in question before you leave the dealership.
  3. An itemized receipt with the part numbers of all ordered items. Confirm the parts ordered are the correct parts. NOTE: For the key fob you will need two parts. The fob itself is 72147-T60-X01 and the blade is 35118-T20-305. You will need them to also list on the receipt, no charge to program the new fob. This fee can be a couple hundred dollars so you'll want this service documented.
Don't let this less than ideal situation ruin your opportunity to secure this car. Just be smart about it and let go of all emotion. Let us know how it goes.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Agree with @Clark_Kent
Stay calm and logical. These cars have a very long journey on their way to us. Things can get lost in the shuffle and thankfully all those missing things are not a problem to replace. The way the post started, I thought you were going to say they damaged the car or they sold it out from underneath you or something crazy like that. You’re good, man.

svvitch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2022 Odyssey
Good to hear yours finally showed up. I've been waiting since 8/9 as well in Indiana. Supposed to have been here a few weeks ago 9/7 to 9/11. Told it's on a truck this week.

I'd get all of that in writing from the dealer as a "We owe you" and get the car!

Sooner1

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR BB, 2015 Audi A3, 2023 CRV Touring Hybrid
How many miles on it would be my only question. Have the dealer order the parts as they said and document and you are good.
This. Did someone at the port or transport company hotrod it around for a bit and take a few souvenirs?

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
This. Did someone at the port or transport company hotrod it around for a bit and take a few souvenirs?
I think that’s the fear, yeah. Finding out how many miles are on it will tell part of the story.

I know the dealership the OP is getting the car from. Same place I got mine. They’re good guys and it’s a small town dealership. Reputation is important to them, so I very highly doubt there’s any antics going on there. I guarantee they will replace the missing stuff, no question. Get it in writing nonetheless. It’s simply best practice with any kind of business transaction worth a considerable amount of money.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Hey yall! So I had no clue where to post this but I know maybe Aspec can help since he is dealer knowledgeable but wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience as I have been on here for over a year waiting for my car and not seen one similar issue. Skip to bottom for short edit

So my allocation popped on the tracker on 08/09 I am in Illinois and so is the dealer. All the cars in that batch arrived and I was still waiting with an est. 09/18-09/22 and nothing. Went back and forth and finally today I said there’s a bunch sitting and idk if I’m feeling this. Next thing I know my sales guy calls and said it’s on the truck and might even pop tonight. Sure enough 5 hours later I get a pic of it on the truck getting unloaded and I’m like ok cool. I didn’t respond to the text right away and then I get a call and this is where I need help.

Sales guy says one tire was a little low on pressure but they will fill it. Then he says “so I need to be transparent” and proceeds to tell me that the air compressor kit is missing from the trunk and so are the Red type R mats that come with it. But that’s not all, then he proceeds to tell me that there’s only 1 key fob and not 2. But have no fear. They will order all the parts and ship them to me since I’m 3 hours away.

sorry for the long post but if you’re still here I’m not feeling comfortable with all that seems very strange and I feel like with how long I waited this is kinda bull. Anyone share your thoughts. Thanks!

Short edit: car has low tire, missing compressor kit, missing floor mats, missing 2nd key fob. Bad idea?
So… this is not normal but it can happen. The logistics in transporting these cars has been wonky and relatively inconsistent. I say give the dealership a chance to make it right. Get every known issue and it’s proposed resolution signed by the GSM/GM, gotta go above your sales person on this one tbh.

If the dealership really cares about you as a client, they should throw in something extra as a thank you for sticking with them.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Guys be warry of the car only coming with 1 key. I work at an auto complex and we were warned early this year, or maybe it was last year, that port workers were starting to steal keys out of incoming vehicles and then use them to steal the cars later. This is happening nationwide, not just in 1 area.

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
How many miles on it would be my only question. Have the dealer order the parts as they said and document and you are good.
I was thinking thing same thing, Be sure to check the miles on the car and do a through inspection. And as others have commented get in writing anything concerning the missing parts. Good luck1

OP
OP

Trilly_Loomis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Passport
Dealer manger called me this morning after I texted my salesguy how I felt. Started to the conversation with “I’m reading what you said and I’m no t laughing at you I promise but I’m laughing at the situation.” Turns out sales guy jumped the gun. Car has two keys. And the other parts Honda notes were not with car and were being shipped separate and they actually won’t even sell the car till the parts are there. So I was looking more like Monday. I understood the mistake. Explained I felt silly because of it and he assured me it wasn’t the case. He said that he understands whichever way I wanna go and then added that he had multiple offers for 7k over and 10k over but that the price we agreed on would stand. The laughing at the beginning. The ways he talked down on the salesman kinda pushed me over the edge. 5k deals are a dime a dozen and I believe in principal and good business. So I told him to go get his 7k then, please, their sister dealer has 2 sitting for over 2 months just chilling at 10k. So good luck. These markups are crazy enough and I’m just not with the fanboy mentality I have patience and can wait. I refuse to let ignorance and rudeness of people these days win. I’m gonna snag one up the street for the same markup without a sour taste in my mouth.

anyone wants to help

Wes Silver was my salesguy
Serra Honda Champaign, IL
5k over for a Champ White
Have at it!

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Dealer manger called me this morning after I texted my salesguy how I felt. Started to the conversation with “I’m reading what you said and I’m no t laughing at you I promise but I’m laughing at the situation.” Turns out sales guy jumped the gun. Car has two keys. And the other parts Honda notes were not with car and were being shipped separate and they actually won’t even sell the car till the parts are there. So I was looking more like Monday. I understood the mistake. Explained I felt silly because of it and he assured me it wasn’t the case. He said that he understands whichever way I wanna go and then added that he had multiple offers for 7k over and 10k over but that the price we agreed on would stand. The laughing at the beginning. The ways he talked down on the salesman kinda pushed me over the edge. 5k deals are a dime a dozen and I believe in principal and good business. So I told him to go get his 7k then, please, their sister dealer has 2 sitting for over 2 months just chilling at 10k. So good luck. These markups are crazy enough and I’m just not with the fanboy mentality I have patience and can wait. I refuse to let ignorance and rudeness of people these days win. I’m gonna snag one up the street for the same markup without a sour taste in my mouth.

anyone wants to help

Wes Silver was my salesguy
Serra Honda Champaign, IL
5k over for a Champ White
Have at it!
Dude I walked out of a dealership that had a better deal than the one I got just because of how rude the salesman was. I ended up paying 1k more for the car just not to deal with that dealership. Hate people like that.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
@Trilly_Loomis Ugh. That’s unfortunate. I can’t say my experience with Serra was completely devoid of some “cringy” aspects. There was some tone deafness on their part and I felt like I wasn’t speaking English when it came to (the possibility of) trading-in my previous car with them. It’s like they smelled the sale like sharks smell blood and their manners went to the wayside. They could use some “professional development.” Let’s put it that way.

But it ended well and they did honor the deal we had set in place several months prior. I think it probably helps that I’m local and they understood that this isn’t going to be my only time interacting with them or the maintenance department or possibly even other Serra dealerships like BMW next door.

OP
OP

Trilly_Loomis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Passport
Yea sucks. Either way @TypeRD once I get my hands on one I’ll still make the trip down and we can snag some lunch!
Sponsored