• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
@savagegeese - what's your opinion on the auto rev match system? Can it be defeated without crawling through menus every time you start the car? Do you plan on leaving on during daily driving? Also what is the piped in sound like while daily driving? I can see myself getting tired of it very quickly..

Thanks for the work you guys put in, long time supporter
Sponsored

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Also everyone needs to get over bitching about ADM….I’m sure if you bought one at sticker and a year later you’re selling it for $60k you’re not gonna bitch then lol
I don’t think many here plan to sell theirs anytime soon.

nowaytoescape

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
I don’t think many here plan to sell theirs anytime soon.
When I finally get mine I’m never selling it. I still want to get one at MSRP though. I’m a college student that works. I couldn’t get the last gen cause I was too young. I’m old enough now to get this generation. I’ll gladly wait for prices to come down.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
@savagegeese, did you get a ride along with Max and Checo? If so, how was that? Honda went all out with their PR by having their RB drivers give ride alongs even though they're no longer a title sponsor for RB.

From the few videos with Checo driving, he seemed to calm driving the FL5 on track.

Did Honda give an official reason for downsizing to 19"? We know why but would be interesting to hear it straight from Honda.

Do you think this will be last gas powered Type R? That's what all the rumors are saying.

Do the Honda engineers feel like the FL5 is more of a special car being that it's made in Japan instead of the UK? Perhaps knowing that it may be the last pure gas powered Type R just makes it that much more special.
I was not at F1 event, but based on what I heard from Honda staff they over drove the hell out of those cars. I did get a ride along with chief engineer. He drove a few people like a maniac, with me he drove a near perfect smooth lap. The downsize wheel was weight and cooling related.

This is the last ICE type R and yes the Japanese are happy this is made in Japan again.

OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
All hail Savagegeese!!

I have been a subscriber for a a few years of your YT channel….first video I saw of yours was on a 640i gran turismo and after watching that video I wanted to purchase one (have absolutely no use/desire for it lol).

I have a end of the run 2021 FK8 and it definitely has some build quality issues, as well as shifter issues (I was having crunch in almost every gear, up or down). I’m expecting build quality to be better, but we’re the issues with gear grinds/crunch properly addressed with the FL5? Also, do you foresee a possible mid cycle update, or final year limited edition that might be worth holding out for?

I am also curious to see if you think an FK8 with a couple bolt on cooling mods and wheels/tires performs equally or better than a stock FL5….

Im looking forward to all your future content with this vehicle!
Hey!

They will for sure have some changes that's part of the game. Not sure what they will do, but definitely colors, wheels and aero. But that's a few years down the road. We drove the LE and the updated FK8 and both had shit paint quality, horrible panel fitment. I don't blame them honestly with the plant shutting down.

The updates to shifter and flywheel are noticable and they were production cars we drove with no issues. The body structure of the 11th is why the car is more rigid and allows the proper use of wider stickier tires plus changes to dampers and bushings and cooling. Yes some of this is possible with FK8 and the differences won't be night and day. Is the new car better than last? I mean it better be.

NA6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 BRG Miata
...Regional reps are keeping a close on dealers who are doing mark up BS to make sure allocations go to those not playing games.
Is there anything I can do to help MSRP dealers receive allocations? My name's down at Richfield Bloomington Honda, an MSRP only dealer, but looking at the CTR locator tool the 5 closest surrounding ADM dealers all have incoming CTRs. It almost looks as though the MSRP dealer was avoided altogether.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Is there anything I can do to help MSRP dealers receive allocations? My name's down at Richfield Bloomington Honda, an MSRP only dealer, but looking at the CTR locator tool the 5 closest surrounding ADM dealers all have incoming CTRs. It almost looks as though the MSRP dealer was avoided altogether.
I found it incredibly odd that RBH did not get an allocation. I know nothing about how they handle their business but from memory, they are a rather large dealer.

Reactions: NA6
OP
OP

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
@savagegeese - what's your opinion on the auto rev match system? Can it be defeated without crawling through menus every time you start the car? Do you plan on leaving on during daily driving? Also what is the piped in sound like while daily driving? I can see myself getting tired of it very quickly..

Thanks for the work you guys put in, long time supporter
I disabled the rev match system under driver aids buried in the menu and it stays off. In individual mode it still shows it on but its really off. Jack used it for one of his drives and the two modes they both work as you'd expect, no drama. Fake engine noise can be basically disabled in Individual mode. But you can always disable the com box from the wiring harness same way the SI can be done. The fake engine noise is horrible in +R. This video will be pretty basics on Tuesday explaining more.

NA6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 BRG Miata
I found it incredibly odd that RBH did not get an allocation. I know nothing about how they handle their business but from memory, they are a rather large dealer.
I definitely find it odd as well. It's almost comical seeing them be surrounded by ADM allocations. Then I realize it just means I won't be getting a CTR. :doh: From what I gather they're a well respected dealer, so not sure what happened there.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I definitely find it odd as well. It's almost comical seeing them be surrounded by ADM allocations. Then I realize it just means I won't be getting a CTR. :doh: From what I gather they're a well respected dealer, so not sure what happened there.
Nah, I expect they will get a few just maybe not from this initial wave.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Richfield Honda in MN? I'm in MN and I'm pretty sure they were asking over MSRP for the FK8, so I'm surprised they're doing MSRP for the FL5. Are you forced to buy accessories? Unless you have a signed contract, dealers can say anything until the car gets here.

NA6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 BRG Miata
Richfield Honda in MN? I'm in MN and I'm pretty sure they were asking over MSRP for the FK8, so I'm surprised they're doing MSRP for the FL5. Are you forced to buy accessories? Unless you have a signed contract, dealers can say anything until the car gets here.
Yes Richfield in MN. I am also weary if they'll hold up their MSRP promise. I asked my salesguy to write my # on the waitlist, that it'd be sold at MSRP with no accessories, etc and he hand wrote and signed it without question. He swears up and down that I've got nothing to worry about. It doesn't feel like there's much more I can do than that.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Yes Richfield in MN. I am also weary if they'll hold up their MSRP promise. I asked my salesguy to write my # on the waitlist, that it'd be sold at MSRP with no accessories, etc and he hand wrote and signed it without question. He swears up and down that I've got nothing to worry about. It doesn't feel like there's much more I can do than that.
Yeah that's very fishy, especially when every dealer in the Twin Cities is probably asking for over MSRP. Are you out of state? Most dealers were selling to locals only the last few months. Maybe they've loosened up since demand for cars is declining.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Welcome Mark and Jack!!!! Big fan. You just made my day. Looking forward to your deep dive on the FL5. It's probably been asked:

Q: What's Honda's technical reason for that flat plastic piece over the turbo inlet tube?
Sponsored