• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Lol are you serious? You don't get why people would get bent out of shape for it? I mean you can have a different opinion and disagree but still understand why its an issue. People don't like seeing the privilege of easily getting a car like this for less than what everyone else is paying for. Its that simple.

At least with Ratti Rides, when he got his GT350R Heritage Edition it wasn't a smooth process. The Ford dealership that he does films for couldn't get an allocation from Ford, he had to plead and get a petition going in order get it. Ford didn't care about him lol. It was a huge issue of going back and forth and at one point he gave up. When he eventually got it I still believe he had to pay a markup lol,. I'm sure there was some people who were salty but it didn't cause that much of an uproar.

I'd be willing to bet if that was the same case for some of the people on social media then it wouldn't have been that bad, r. Honda Pro Jason was able to secure a deal way before everyone and it was for MSRP guaranteed lol. If they got the allocation and still had to deal with ADMs nobody would really care
You had to bring up HPJ. HPJ is one that I struggle with across the board, lol. How and why - the others I mentioned (to me) offer so much more content value to all and am OK with them getting a deal.
Sponsored

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
I should say that ā€œI donā€™t get it based off this situationā€. I understand that we are emotional creatures and feel cheated/jealous or whatever you want to call it when others get stuff or special treatment when we donā€™t. However for this situation, I outlined it doesnā€™t make sense to get bent out of shape because of the three reasons below

1) a Type R is a luxury item and not required to keep a roof over our heads, educate ourselves or our kids, to put food on the table, essential for travel, etc.etc.
2) Savageese is in the business and benefits typically come to those who are in the business so that makes sense and he was completely up front about it.
3) we are adults and are free to manage our money as we see fit so if we donā€™t like it we can choose to not engage in it

Now if we were talking about people not being able to buy the bare essentials to sustain life and set ourselves up for the future because the system or whatever you want to call it allows some other to buy/hoard/capitalize at cheaper prices and leaves nothing or little for the rest of us than that situation I would expect people to be really pissed

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I should say that ā€œI donā€™t get it based off this situationā€. I understand that we are emotional creatures and feel cheated/jealous or whatever you want to call it when others get stuff or special treatment when we donā€™t. However for this situation, I outlined it doesnā€™t make sense to get bent out of shape because of the three reasons below

1) a Type R is a luxury item and not required to keep a roof over our heads, educate ourselves or our kids, to put food on the table, essential for travel, etc.etc.
2) Savageese is in the business and benefits typically come to those who are in the business so that makes sense and he was completely up front about it.
3) we are adults and are free to manage our money as we see fit so if we donā€™t like it we can choose to not engage in it

Now if we were talking about people not being able to buy the bare essentials to sustain life and set ourselves up for the future because the system or whatever you want to call it allows some other to buy/hoard/capitalize at cheaper prices and leaves nothing or little for the rest of us than that situation I would expect people to be really pissed
Whoā€™s bent out of shape? I get to finally drive mine home Monday evening!

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Congrats mbaak! awesome news and enjoy the car

Regarding above not saying you particularly but I get that my language can be too general at times.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Not too sure why this bugs people so much. He works more than most people who old 9-5 jobs as an independent content creator. Most YouTubers fail. He helps create buzz for this car so itā€™s a mutual benefit. He didnā€™t get special access for free.

Itā€™s people who believe everything should be equal without putting in effort that complain.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Not too sure why this bugs people so much. He works more than most people who old 9-5 jobs as an independent content creator. Most YouTubers fail. He helps create buzz for this car so itā€™s a mutual benefit. He didnā€™t get special access for free.

Itā€™s people who believe everything should be equal without putting in effort that complain.
If by ā€œheā€ you mean SG guys, totally agree. There is a difference between a reviewer and a cheerleader. Its pretty easy to sort which is which. Im sure lots of us would proudly put on Honda gear and jump around in front of a camera for special access and msrp.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
Honda should sell direct to consumer like Tesla does. Kill the dealers. Problem solved.

Or do a lottery like Toyota does with the GR Yaris in England. This eliminates bidding wars.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
The problem with the markups over the past 2 years is, just like the dealer owner said in the savagegeese video, it not only turns buyers off from a dealer but a brand as well. Manufacturers are still not seeing this and the fact is dealerships need to go the way of the dinosaur and be just display/delivery and service shops. Having to haggle over prices that are already set and being forced to pay for addons and INSANELY marked up Doc fees is so damn outdated it's insane. Been working at dealers for over 20 years now and even I hate the system.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Honda should sell direct to consumer like Tesla does. Kill the dealers. Problem solved.

Or do a lottery like Toyota does with the GR Yaris in England. This eliminates bidding wars.
Unfortunately that canā€™t happen with ICE cars because of dealer lobbyist groups. The laws would have to change at the federal and state level before that happens.

Itā€™s only possible with electric cars.

Definitely not a fan of lotteries either.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately that canā€™t happen with ICE cars because of dealer lobbyist groups. The laws would have to change at the federal and state level before that happens.

Itā€™s only possible with electric cars.

Definitely not a fan of lotteries either.
Iā€™m not a fan of lotteries either, but itā€™s the only fair way to select buyers without bidding wars. Thatā€™s why Toyota does it with the GRY and it works.

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, JL 392XR, 981S, F430
Congratulations on the car and you shouldnā€™t feel bad about getting the car at msrp. Itā€™s hard to believe people are upset at that now a days. For all the coverage you have gave Honda itā€™s literally the least they could do. Even giving you the car at invoice is nothing and no one should be upset about it either way.

Would love to hear your opinions on the type R compared to other high end special cars. While not a lot of people cross shop them some do. Now a days no one really gets the opportunity to test drive them before the purchase. Very keen on mainly street fun factor between Type R, G80, CT5V BW, Wrangler 392, & 991T.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Iā€™m not a fan of lotteries either, but itā€™s the only fair way to select buyers without bidding wars. Thatā€™s why Toyota does it with the GRY and it works.
First come first serve deposit process is how to solve that. Means people would have to actually get on the horn and do some work to get in line.

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First come first serve deposit process is how to solve that. Means people would have to actually get on the horn and do some work to get in line.
First come first serve doesnā€™t even work for popular Air Jordan 1 releases. Like the most recent Lost & Found.

Bots would scoop up all the spots in seconds. I can promise you that.
Sponsored