• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2023 Civic Type R or the new 2024 Acura Integra Type S? Which one do you prefer?

ChiroCale

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Ridgeline
Personally itā€™s the DE5. The combination of looks, exhaust, heated stuff, stereo etc. is perfect for me. The FL5 is awesome no doubt! Love the dash, exclusivity and race car vibe, just doubt Iā€™d track it. I want a super fun, beautiful car to drive daily that also sounds badass šŸ˜.

Last edited:

Preyforsurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR
It's really a personal decision as they are, for the most part, the same car. I will say, since those seats aren't vented, you will be a real sweaty person in that bucket. That and I don't like crackle tunes. So I'd be jockeying for a lower price because I'd be looking to get rid of the crackle and that would be a headache in itself which may result in a blown warranty.

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
Type S looks great but I think I prefer the honda looks. But if the type S cost less I'd buy that over the honda. I don't care for any of the extra tech or interior upgrades on the type S. Heck if I could I'd get a GRC interior in the type R and save 5k-10k off the MSRP I would. And my guess is the type R will hold it's value better since I'm guessing lower volume.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I like the looks of the Type R better (mainly the rear end) and that itā€™s 5ā€ shorter.

but I wouldnā€™t pay more for the Type R, if ADM is high Iā€™ll get the ITS or something else entirely.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Do you think ITS would perform the same on the track like CTR, how about the chasis , would it be sturdy and strong as CTR to endure?
It should feel similar given that both are on the same chassis and benefit from being more rigid. But its hard to say until we find out how they decided to adjust the damping and springs

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
FL5 personally but that unobtainable due to shortages, and shady dealers,.

BostonCTR

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R 2013 Toyota Corolla
As much as I love the FL5, I prefer the styling of the S more but that's just me...

I used to vtec

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic SI
I think the ITS looks better, but I prefer the CTR. Feels like a more special/unique car to me, and I love the CTR seats. If they had put the CTR (or comparable) seats in the ITS, I would be trying harder to finder an acura dealer willing to negotiate.

ldentikit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GSXR
Like the styling of the FL5 better myself but if the ITS can be had at MSRP and is just as fun of a drive as the CTR then itā€™ll be hard to turn down.

Better sound system and power seat is also enticing.

Skrish78

First Name
Shank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5
Personally itā€™s the DE5. The combination of looks, exhaust, heated stuff, stereo etc. is perfect for me. The FL5 is awesome no doubt! Love the dash, exclusivity and race car vibe, just doubt Iā€™d track it. I want a super fun, beautiful car to drive daily that also sounds badass šŸ˜.

My prediction
America gonna limit the import of TYPE R to sell the American made ITS, and the Dealers gonna have upper hand.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
The production numbers for North America were set along time ago and they are limited. Especially in Canada. No conspiracy here.

ChiroCale

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Ridgeline
The production numbers for North America were set along time ago and they are limited. Especially in Canada. No conspiracy here.
Thanks for the intel! Howā€™d you hear that?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
It should feel similar given that both are on the same chassis and benefit from being more rigid. But its hard to say until we find out how they decided to adjust the damping and springs
Donā€™t forget that sunroof - terrible for handling dynamics. Like having a person sitting on the roof.
Sponsored